Week 3: (2-0) Beechwood KY @ (0-2) Ironton

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 3: (2-0) Beechwood KY @ (0-2) Ironton

Post by Trojan_Pride »

zebra77 wrote:The question cg-ironton fan is not if Beechwood can beat Ashland, but can Ironton beat Ashland?
that's a very good ? LOL its gonna take a team to shut down baker (tall task in deed) someone will figure it out who knows if ironton or not

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Well said farmer, if the kids can't take criticism, maybe they need to grow thicker skin, but that is not the problem, it seems to me that this team is full of talent, but since Bob left the lack of discipline is overwhelming, and that goes back to coaching. This bunch needs to quit mollycoddling these kids and get tough on them, this is a game of hard knocks, so a few words of criticism and a good butt tearing shouldn't hurt them too bad even if it is on a public forum!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
farmer wrote:Do you want to be Politically Correct or do you want to be RIGHT?

If you want to give the players trophies and tell them they are doing good. Pat them on the back. Go right ahead. That does not change their record of 0-3.

The players and coaches all have to improve. Learn from their mistakes to overcome. The pat on the back needs to be replaced by a kick in the butt. All the talk before the season started means nothing. The record is 0-3 so what is every player and coach going to do about it to improve the team. Not just listen to the fans praise them. Ohio State lost their first game. Heard everyone say they didn't belong. Went to their third string QB. All they did was prove it on the field as a team.
I think we all know why Lutz was so successful as a coach. He didn't accept average. If you didn't leave it all on the field, you had to keep it all on the bench. Everyone is so worried about hurting feelings when everyone should be worried about the kid after High School football. No discipline will hurt a kid later in life when he/she is in the real world and not a darn thing is handed to them. 0-3 is an embarrassment in Itown and it should be. These kids need some very strong criticism to right the ship. Get positive on Friday, but work their guts out til then.

I HAVE TO SAY I FEEL THE SAME WAY. IF WE LOST WHEN I WAS THERE. YOU WERE TOO SCARED TO LOSE AGAIN, LOL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

zebra77 wrote:Well said farmer, if the kids can't take criticism, maybe they need to grow thicker skin, but that is not the problem, it seems to me that this team is full of talent, but since Bob left the lack of discipline is overwhelming, and that goes back to coaching. This bunch needs to quit mollycoddling these kids and get tough on them, this is a game of hard knocks, so a few words of criticism and a good butt tearing shouldn't hurt them too bad even if it is on a public forum!

YUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

so who exactly are the players we have out. and what is wrong with palladino. I'm hearing he's hurt/not hurt. which is it. he's a big loss if out. and I know the one young'un had surgery on a broken ankle late last week.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Pocket Aces wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:The reason's I've resorted to it are obvious. It needs to be said. The team is hurting because of certain coaching not what I post. Not Everyone stays silent on this topic.Call it what you want. Once you finally accept it, grow a pair to own it, you stand behind it.
Read ALL OF THE POSTS that call it out, I'm not the only one. But I'm the one who will not let it rest until things change. The fighting tigers have pride deep inside & therefore; they are stronger & smarter than you gave them credit for.
So, after you read the other Ironton posters calling out all the things they are not pleased with about the IHS Staff, come back and "quote" JUST ME for speaking OF the offensive play calling & all of its results & how it ROLLS Off the coaches back & mental bruises for players.
Btw, I was one of the firsts to point out the vast improvement on team play by the fighting tigers tonight. I also pointed out what I felt they needed to work on. I supplied a positive for what I felt was a negative. I'm still here @ 0-3 cheering & pushing the boys on & I'll be here as long as it's the Lord's will. I'll be back home in 3-years with some enemies from these posts, but I'll still be in a seat @ EVERY GAME!!!!
Gotigersgo!!!
Chin up.
One play @ a time.
Get the ball

Divided houses can't stand.....if you think these kids at this point in the season aren't fragile and impressionable by words on a computer, you're sadly mistaken.

Sure there are other negative posts regarding the coaching, but the fact that you're so persistent from 1,000 miles away is a real head scratcher. Yeah, you've really "got a pair" to constantly go at the players vis-à-vis their coaches like you do.

That's not exactly the phrase that comes to mind.

Here's a thought: try being positive on here all week. Get behind the kids and their parents and yes even the coaches. Negativity is contagious....it's a big problem in our area. Reach out to a connection of the team and encourage them. That's how comebacks start. Tell the kids you believe in them AND their leaders. Maybe post a highlight tape of one of IRONTON'S players and help inspire some confidence in them for a change.

Good luck IHS, beat Ashland!

I am in here every week cheering those kids on to do their best & that's since the minute I realized there were no more SE Ohio fans in JJ's huddle & I found this site.

Ive been cheering on the Tigers since my dad took me to the Tank & sat me on his knee for my first game @age 3.
I've been doing it ever since there was Bruney , Lutz, Triplett, Lutz, & Vass as coaches.

Where have you been?
Not here cheering on the Tigers. It's the first or one of the few times you've made a chirp. Funny, you show up & come for me, with your ideal requests for my work week of posts. That's fine, I expected criticism.
If your requests were from someone I knew or respected, especially my dads buddies or guys I grew up with in Ironton telling me to zip it, you've gone to far, that would be a different story. No -1 else has done that. Even the posts after yours telling me how to construct my posts etc. we're supportive to different degrees, about what I had to say.
So out of No-where, here comes Pocket Aces, a poster that doesn't post any to very little in IHS FB, for the most outspoken poster from Ironton, posting about the IHS coaching staff I find that quite odd in so many ways. I have a good idea why also, but I do not assume, so I won't on here. I may have spoken out, but I won't assume.

Also, I just started being outspoken about the staff since the night /day after the Russell game a whole 8-days ago. That was a horrendous coaching performance. No, play calls ready to go in a hurry up situation? The same failing calls run time after time & Loss of time figuring out the calls. I wasn't there, but the webcast was all I needed to hear. I took notes on every play called & went over it thrice before I pointed out the coaching.

So that negates 50 years of being a tiger fan and destroys this team's morale? And "divided houses" fall, huh? It's divided, it's falling, & not in the way you described!
It's been divided before now & it needs fixed. And one more time. NO. These posts don't affect these kids. As others posted, they need disciplined for their actions on & off the field!

So, what happens the week after their worst performance & fans speak out about the coaching? They gave the #1 ranked team in Kentucky 1A all they wanted.
They had 75% less penalties & way less turnovers. So, something got changed, because that was their best performance this year! I could even hear the IHS crowd cheering on the webcast. That was the first time all year!!!

But I still find it funny, one of your few posts come in one thread when I go after the IHS staff. Especially, the offensive play calling. That brought you out of the " Wood"work. Again I won't assume, but it sure got you to post in an Ironton forum.

Btw, I was one of the firsts to post right after the Beechwood game about how improved the fighting Tigers were. That the play calling was much better, especially with Vass involved more in that. I know he was because I was getting texts throughout the night what was going on. I actually think he's a good coach in a bad situation that's falling down around him. In that post, I congratulated Isaac for a stepping up & the team as a whole for playing much better overall.

So, I'll choose my my own posting process throughout this week. It'll be the same as every week, in support of the tigers. I may not post much during the week, as it's my work week, & I already posted about the fighting Tigers against Ashland, the night after the Beechwood game, wishing them well. I know the fighting Tigers have their hands full against Ashland, but I always know the Tigers have a chance to win any game. The cards gotta be "stacked" right, so to speak! Hopefully, we'll get a "full deck" & pull off the upset & gain some confidence!

Sooo:

YES, I am a "supposed" big Ironton football lover!

YES I support them From 1000+ miles away.

YES, I have been a positive poster for the fighting Tigers on here since it opened & for the past 50+ years!

YES, I'm always proud of them.

YES, I had the guts to call out Schreck on his play calling because it's repetitive, detectable & produced 20 points in the
First 2 games. But 19 with Vass involved more with Schreckin one game!!!

NO, I don't need any posting structure from pocket aces. An apparently new IHS positive mental attitude coach for the
Fighting Tigers.
NO, I'm not being harsh because I'm 1000+ miles away.

YES, I'd sit right on the 50 yard line, 4 rows up, first or second seat in, depending on which seat my first cousin wanted as
She has season tickets.

YES, I'd be ready to stand behind anything I've posted on here & be confidently so about it!

As always,
Gotigersgo!!!
Gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball,gettheball!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tjhtygeverve wrote:
Pocket Aces wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:The reason's I've resorted to it are obvious. It needs to be said. The team is hurting because of certain coaching not what I post. Not Everyone stays silent on this topic.Call it what you want. Once you finally accept it, grow a pair to own it, you stand behind it.
Read ALL OF THE POSTS that call it out, I'm not the only one. But I'm the one who will not let it rest until things change. The fighting tigers have pride deep inside & therefore; they are stronger & smarter than you gave them credit for.
So, after you read the other Ironton posters calling out all the things they are not pleased with about the IHS Staff, come back and "quote" JUST ME for speaking OF the offensive play calling & all of its results & how it ROLLS Off the coaches back & mental bruises for players.
Btw, I was one of the firsts to point out the vast improvement on team play by the fighting tigers tonight. I also pointed out what I felt they needed to work on. I supplied a positive for what I felt was a negative. I'm still here @ 0-3 cheering & pushing the boys on & I'll be here as long as it's the Lord's will. I'll be back home in 3-years with some enemies from these posts, but I'll still be in a seat @ EVERY GAME!!!!
Gotigersgo!!!
Chin up.
One play @ a time.
Get the ball

Divided houses can't stand.....if you think these kids at this point in the season aren't fragile and impressionable by words on a computer, you're sadly mistaken.

Sure there are other negative posts regarding the coaching, but the fact that you're so persistent from 1,000 miles away is a real head scratcher. Yeah, you've really "got a pair" to constantly go at the players vis-à-vis their coaches like you do.

That's not exactly the phrase that comes to mind.

Here's a thought: try being positive on here all week. Get behind the kids and their parents and yes even the coaches. Negativity is contagious....it's a big problem in our area. Reach out to a connection of the team and encourage them. That's how comebacks start. Tell the kids you believe in them AND their leaders. Maybe post a highlight tape of one of IRONTON'S players and help inspire some confidence in them for a change.

Good luck IHS, beat Ashland!

I am in here every week cheering those kids on to do their best & that's since the minute I realized there were no more SE Ohio fans in JJ's huddle & I found this site.

Ive been cheering on the Tigers since my dad took me to the Tank & sat me on his knee for my first game @age 3.
I've been doing it ever since there was Bruney , Lutz, Triplett, Lutz, & Vass as coaches.

Where have you been?
Not here cheering on the Tigers. It's the first or one of the few times you've made a chirp. Funny, you show up & come for me, with your ideal requests for my work week of posts. That's fine, I expected criticism.
If your requests were from someone I knew or respected, especially my dads buddies or guys I grew up with in Ironton telling me to zip it, you've gone to far, that would be a different story. No -1 else has done that. Even the posts after yours telling me how to construct my posts etc. we're supportive to different degrees, about what I had to say.
So out of No-where, here comes Pocket Aces, a poster that doesn't post any to very little in IHS FB, for the most outspoken poster from Ironton, posting about the IHS coaching staff I find that quite odd in so many ways. I have a good idea why also, but I do not assume, so I won't on here. I may have spoken out, but I won't assume.

Also, I just started being outspoken about the staff since the night /day after the Russell game a whole 8-days ago. That was a horrendous coaching performance. No, play calls ready to go in a hurry up situation? The same failing calls run time after time & Loss of time figuring out the calls. I wasn't there, but the webcast was all I needed to hear. I took notes on every play called & went over it thrice before I pointed out the coaching.

So that negates 50 years of being a tiger fan and destroys this team's morale? And "divided houses" fall, huh? It's divided, it's falling, & not in the way you described!
It's been divided before now & it needs fixed. And one more time. NO. These posts don't affect these kids. As others posted, they need disciplined for their actions on & off the field!

So, what happens the week after their worst performance & fans speak out about the coaching? They gave the #1 ranked team in Kentucky 1A all they wanted.
They had 75% less penalties & way less turnovers. So, something got changed, because that was their best performance this year! I could even hear the IHS crowd cheering on the webcast. That was the first time all year!!!

But I still find it funny, one of your few posts come in one thread when I go after the IHS staff. Especially, the offensive play calling. That brought you out of the " Wood"work. Again I won't assume, but it sure got you to post in an Ironton forum.

Btw, I was one of the firsts to post right after the Beechwood game about how improved the fighting Tigers were. That the play calling was much better, especially with Vass involved more in that. I know he was because I was getting texts throughout the night what was going on. I actually think he's a good coach in a bad situation that's falling down around him. In that post, I congratulated Isaac for a stepping up & the team as a whole for playing much better overall.

So, I'll choose my my own posting process throughout this week. It'll be the same as every week, in support of the tigers. I may not post much during the week, as it's my work week, & I already posted about the fighting Tigers against Ashland, the night after the Beechwood game, wishing them well. I know the fighting Tigers have their hands full against Ashland, but I always know the Tigers have a chance to win any game. The cards gotta be "stacked" right, so to speak! Hopefully, we'll get a "full deck" & pull off the upset & gain some confidence!

Sooo:

YES, I have been a positive poster for the fighting Tigers on here since it opened & for the past 50+ years!

YES, I had the guts to call out Schreck on his play calling because it's repetitive, detectable & produced 20 points in the

NO, I don't need any posting structure from pocket aces. An apparently new IHS positive mental attitude coach for the
Fighting Tigers.

YES, I'd sit right on the 50 yard line, 4 rows up, first or second seat in, depending on which seat my first cousin wanted as
She has season tickets.

YES, I'd be ready to stand behind anything I've posted on here & be confidently so about it!

As always,
Gotigersgo!!!
Gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball,gettheball!!!
Junior High girls acting like old men. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope that dem fighting tigers get welled up , have a good week of practice. and go over to Putnam stadium , and smack them tomcats right in the jib.that's what I think.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

[quote="Jolly P(irate)"The reason's I've resorted to it are obvious. It needs to be said. The team is hurting because of certain coaching not what I post. Not Everyone stays silent on this topic.Call it what you want. Once you finally accept it, grow a pair to own it, you stand behind it.
Gotigersgo!!!
Chin up.
One play @ a time.
Gettheball.

Where have you been?

Sooo:

Fighting Tigers.

She has season tickets.

As always,
Gotigersgo!!!
Gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball,gettheball!!![/quote]
Junior High girls acting like old men.

Come on jolly, @least frosh. Our punctuation is pretty good!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

You don't need to justify the truth Tjghty. We all know.

Good Luck Tigers! Beat Ashland.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

can't put the milk back in the jug, this one is over. on to Ashland.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:so who exactly are the players we have out. and what is wrong with palladino. I'm hearing he's hurt/not hurt. which is it. he's a big loss if out. and I know the one young'un had surgery on a broken ankle late last week.

Back injury is what he told me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

okay, dang I was wondering . like what is the big secret about him. I don't live down that way anymore and was just wondering. several weeks ago I asked if ironton had a freshman team and not 1 person answered yes or no.i mean what's the big deal there is 1 er there ain't.
anyhoo go tigers.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

osumufan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:so who exactly are the players we have out. and what is wrong with palladino. I'm hearing he's hurt/not hurt. which is it. he's a big loss if out. and I know the one young'un had surgery on a broken ankle late last week.

Back injury is what he told me.
Yea, he had ice on his back after the 1st half of the Russell game and hasn't played since then. Hopefully he can get healed up and get back at it.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:okay, dang I was wondering . like what is the big secret about him. I don't live down that way anymore and was just wondering. several weeks ago I asked if ironton had a freshman team and not 1 person answered yes or no.i mean what's the big deal there is 1 er there ain't.
anyhoo go tigers.
there aint one bait............I hope that helps you out...........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at's good ole buddy. hope to see em all back Friday night. i'll be listening to this one.then be down for the Portsmouth game.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
zebra77 wrote:The question cg-ironton fan is not if Beechwood can beat Ashland, but can Ironton beat Ashland?
that's a very good ? LOL its gonna take a team to shut down baker (tall task in deed) someone will figure it out who knows if ironton or not

That answer is simple, be bigger, faster and stronger. That's not Ironton.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

And Ironton is 0-3 and has a 4+ page thread. Really????

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Pol Pot wrote:And Ironton is 0-3 and has a 4+ page thread. Really????
Has anyone forced you to read the thread? Really???? :122245

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Pol Pot wrote:And Ironton is 0-3 and has a 4+ page thread. Really????
we is passionate about our football pol pot.

Return to “Football”