WK-4 Northwest @ Minford

Southernohiohitters
Waterboy

Re: WK-4 Northwest @ Minford

Post by Southernohiohitters »

Couldn't really disagree more with previous statement. Minford needs to abandon the spread offense immediately. Not even working it in once or twice a game will work. Have you watched this team run the spread offense yet? They are so disoriented, it's nearly impossible for them to even gain a yard. I'd say there aren't too many offensive lines in Ohio that weigh in more than Minford's line. They need to run power I, mix in a little wing t, and run the ball down an opponents throat. Teams will wear down quickly going up against a line this size and tackling running backs the whole game. QB is a good runner this year, and no matter which of the athletic backs you have in the backfield, almost any will have success running the ball if that gameplan is stuck to. I've watched Minford for the past 20 years, and this years offense is the worst I've seen. The team is loaded with talents and athletes, and if utilized properly, they can bounce back and still have a great season this year. Good luck Falcons!

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

syyoung wrote:Couldn't really disagree more with previous statement. Minford needs to abandon the spread offense immediately. Not even working it in once or twice a game will work. Have you watched this team run the spread offense yet? They are so disoriented, it's nearly impossible for them to even gain a yard. I'd say there aren't too many offensive lines in Ohio that weigh in more than Minford's line. They need to run power I, mix in a little wing t, and run the ball down an opponents throat. Teams will wear down quickly going up against a line this size and tackling running backs the whole game. QB is a good runner this year, and no matter which of the athletic backs you have in the backfield, almost any will have success running the ball if that gameplan is stuck to. I've watched Minford for the past 20 years, and this years offense is the worst I've seen. The team is loaded with talents and athletes, and if utilized properly, they can bounce back and still have a great season this year. Good luck Falcons!

I know they tried the spread last year and they scrapped it immediately. I think the first 3 possessions at the Burg game netted -20 yards.

These kids have grown up knowing the wing t and it is what they are comfortable with. I agree some Power I and running it down people's throats is a good wrinkle.

I will not knock the coaching staff.....they see these kids in practice every day and Coach Daniels and co have done a tremendous job. I hope if they can't move the ball consistently with the spread they get rid of it faster than a popcorn fart.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I like what they did in 2010, they mixed the Wing T and the Spread and did a pretty good job of it The Wing-T was ofcourse the base offense, but the Falcons had several options that year offensively. They would even go Spread 5 wide and use a wildcat QB.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

I just hope they are going to come out and surprise everybody, with something new. I would really like to see the Falcons move the ball up and down the field like I know they can. Good Luck to both teams!!!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

alabama mike wrote:
Kenraken Ahta wrote:Minford appears to be middle of the pack in the SOC-II. This will be a good game to get a feel for where the Mohawk Program is at this year. Northwest is coming off of a big win in week three and Minford is coming off of a tough loss. Hope the Mohawks have enjoyed their weekend because it's time to go to work Monday! Minford will be ready to go this coming Friday! GO MOHAWKS!!

As always, your assessment is correct. This is a true test of where the Mohawk team is in terms of building a program. Hopefully, the players realize this game can be a huge stepping stone for the season as well as a solid building block to the future. Coach BF and staff will work hard to have the players prepared to play come Friday night. Going to Falcon land will be a tough row to hoe but it can be done. Good luck Mohawks.
The "Coaching Merry-Go-Round" has stopped! This Coaching Staff may be the best thing that has happened to the Northwest Football in decades! No matter the outcome this evening, this program is on the right track (Still be happy with an upset tonight though)! As far as I am concerned, this stay in the SOC-I is just a rehab assignment! The ultimate goal is a return to the SOC-II and on one cold November night, watch the last seconds tick off of a game clock that shows a winning score for this program that marks their first SOC-II Title! Could be awhile........ but for that magical night, it will be worth the wait! GO MOHAWKS!!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Honestly did not think it would have been that bad...................congrats to the Falcons on a great win! Best of luck the rest of the way! I hope that these Mohawks lost to the 2015 SOC-II Champs!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

53-0 is a good ole butt whoopin. Northwest must not be as good as they thought or minford is a threat. Time will tell. Good win for muletown

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote:No way this game is close. If it is Minford is in big trouble in the league.
Much like West?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Minford has a big, physical line and did what they do best........power running football and still threw the ball around with success. From what I've seen from the spread offense vs the wing t.....the wing t is the offense that moves the sticks.
Their defense is very solid and if they keep,getting better, will contend for the trophy.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Great win as expected. Up 34 at the 1/2. No wing - T thank goodness. Good luck to NW rest of the season. Now I hope that's the last time Minford plays them. All other SOC 2 teams have. Let's get PHS, Jackson or Ironton on the schedule. Ironton is 0-4 this year, wow Minford can compete.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

There was no 3 back, 1 TE, 1 WR, QB under center formation we are use to seeing in this game. That's the wing T that is gone. Its spread, shotgun and motion now.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

I think you people are confused on what type of offense Minford run last night. But I'm not going to fight about it. You can call it what ever you want to, but what they used last night was a great move by the coaches. The offense looked like a different team. They moved the defense all over the field, and really controlled the ball, for the first time all year. Great job!!
As for Northwest, I think they will do good in the SOC I, they have a big strong team. And I could not believe how big of a crowd they brought to Minford, it's good to see the fans follow them. That was probably the biggest crowd I have seen NW have at a football game. And it looked like their numbers were up as far as players, which comes with fans following them, glad to see things looking up for them.
And I have to brag on our D-fense, they looked great, totally controlled the line of scrimmage. Great job Coach M.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

marshallman wrote:Great win as expected. Up 34 at the 1/2. No wing - T thank goodness. Good luck to NW rest of the season. Now I hope that's the last time Minford plays them. All other SOC 2 teams have. Let's get PHS, Jackson or Ironton on the schedule. Ironton is 0-4 this year, wow Minford can compete.

Done went and lost your mind or just messing around whichever the case may be. Minford has a quality team come through every so often the teams you mentioned in PHS and Ironton simply down right now. Jackson however, even a quality Minford team is going to have it's hands full and then some. Talk to your AD though simply takes a phone call to help that schedule out

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congratulations to the Falcons on the win last night. Coach Daniels and crew did an outstanding job having their young men ready to play. It is back to work on Monday for the Mohawks to get ready for next game. Best of luck men.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Greygoose wrote:
marshallman wrote:Great win as expected. Up 34 at the 1/2. No wing - T thank goodness. Good luck to NW rest of the season. Now I hope that's the last time Minford plays them. All other SOC 2 teams have. Let's get PHS, Jackson or Ironton on the schedule. Ironton is 0-4 this year, wow Minford can compete.

Done went and lost your mind or just messing around whichever the case may be. Minford has a quality team come through every so often the teams you mentioned in PHS and Ironton simply down right now. Jackson however, even a quality Minford team is going to have it's hands full and then some. Talk to your AD though simply takes a phone call to help that schedule out
Really don't know what you r talking about. Minford and Ptown played in 2012&2013 minford won by 30 each game and Ptown dropped them. They should definitely play ironton or Ptown

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Greygoose: Put down the bottle with your name on it. Ironton is no long anywhere near what they used to be as a program, and Minford would compete with the Tigers. Ironton has lost to W'burg in the past 4 meetings. Jackson has had a good run the past 2 years, but like anyone else they have their down years. Minford embarrassed Portsmouth 2 years in a row and the Trojans dropped thema nd picked up Waverly. :122246

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

marshallman wrote:There was no 3 back, 1 TE, 1 WR, QB under center formation we are use to seeing in this game. That's the wing T that is gone. Its spread, shotgun and motion now.
You do realize that almost every play minford ran was a wing t play. Just out of multiple formations the tight ends touchdown was under center in the double wing and both of the fullbacks touchdowns was under center lol but if you want to think it wasn't and keep believing the spread is the answer then keep on keeping on. The wing t is the answer for this teams personnel. Great win by the Falcons great to see long clock eating drives not 3 and outs and gaining 1 yard. Northwest should compete for another title. Time for the Falcons to rest up and get ready for a huge showdown next week as Bishop Ready comes to town.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Falconfan09 wrote:
marshallman wrote:There was no 3 back, 1 TE, 1 WR, QB under center formation we are use to seeing in this game. That's the wing T that is gone. Its spread, shotgun and motion now.
You do realize that almost every play minford ran was a wing t play. Just out of multiple formations the tight ends touchdown was under center in the double wing and both of the fullbacks touchdowns was under center lol but if you want to think it wasn't and keep believing the spread is the answer then keep on keeping on. The wing t is the answer for this teams personnel. Great win by the Falcons great to see long clock eating drives not 3 and outs and gaining 1 yard. Northwest should compete for another title. Time for the Falcons to rest up and get ready for a huge showdown next week as Bishop Ready comes to town.
100% correct. Other than a few plays they were all wing t formations. I think the stats speak for themselves.....the wing t is by far more effective than the spread this year.

Seen big plays the first few games from the spread but not the clock eating physical drives they had with the wing t last night. No brainer to run the wing t.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

The paint valley game would've been completely different if we ran the wing t but that's the past this team is now going in the right direction great move by Coach D and his staff playing to their strengths and what the kids know and believe in.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Falconfan09 wrote:The paint valley game would've been completely different if we ran the wing t but that's the past this team is now going in the right direction great move by Coach D and his staff playing to their strengths and what the kids know and believe in.
No reason to cry over spilled milk. Second year in a row that the spread attempt blew up as a failed experiment.

Lots of luck with the wing t.

Return to “Football”