Week 5 : (2-2) Portsmouth @ (0-4) Ironton

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 5 : (2-2) Portsmouth @ (0-4) Ironton

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:Why do people keep saying this about dez. He's not an every down back. Hard to bring down? Sure but he's not shifty, he's a true fullback.
I think some1 posted he cant do both and their probably right , I just don't see how he could be the FB and the middle linebacker for entire game, both positions brutal out there, some1 else gonna have to step up and cover for him some so he can rest some!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I sure hope that I am forrestt dude don't appear on this thread unless he has good news this week!!!

that guy knows his stuff!!!!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Regardless of records to-date, it's kinda funny reading some of the posts suggesting Ironton won't win the OVC this year. I'd like to know what OVC team would have beaten the teams Ironton has lost to....Burg, Russell, Beechwood and Ashland? You can go to most of the threads on Seops and the team that won against subpar competition miraculously found their "identity". It makes for a good chuckle but their assessment is useless. I'd like to see the Trojans win but I don't see it happening.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

You know it is bad in Tiger Town when the Tigers get demoted off of the top of the sports page!I think the Tigers can beat Portsmouth but you never know.

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

Portsmouth wins. But win or lose ironton is still a top 3 team in all of seo

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:Portsmouth wins. But win or lose ironton is still a top 3 team in all of seo
What????? Really??? Burg, jackson, valley, are u crazy?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:Portsmouth wins. But win or lose ironton is still a top 3 team in all of seo
Heck when the burg blows them off the field they still have fans that say they were 5 tds better

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

If someone would have told me we would be 0-4 to start the season i would have said your nuts. but here we are, and it is what it is; I have always been a Tiger at heart and that won"t change. I will continue to be a fan of our young men, won"t desert those TIGERS when most in need. That being said after the season I beleive Mr. Lafon needs to take a long long look at the staff, I am not impressed with any coaches on the staff, worry about that after the season;. We just need to start fresh friday night one play at a time, we can get going in the right direction and it starts friday; there is plenty of things to shot for, first the league championship then let the chips fall where they fall and with some luck maybe get a playoff trip. THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER YET, TIGERS YOU ARE DOWN ,NOW WE NEED TO GET BACK UP AND DUST OURSELVES OFF, BUCKLE DOWN AND ROLL, from 1 of your biggest fans up in the canton area THIS WEEK WE TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS SO GOOD LUCK TIGERS THIS FRIDAY AGAINST P.TOWN :aaaaa128

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
Glad you missed the humor in this 1 burggrad lolno im not serious but an ironton poster would be.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ole bait caught it n grinned.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

where in tarnation is everybody. this is IRONTON/PORTSMOUTH week.chesse n crackers already. let's get some football chattin done already. neither team is doing well. but an opportunity to turn the corner for both. let's hear from some tiger n Trojan folk.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:where in tarnation is everybody. this is IRONTON/PORTSMOUTH week.chesse n crackers already. let's get some football chattin done already. neither team is doing well. but an opportunity to turn the corner for both. let's hear from some tiger n Trojan folk.
Not much to talk about OL' Bait. The talking will start after the game when one team gains a bit of confidence.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I think this week Ironton gets a small glimmer of hope. Ironton wins by a TD.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Big Plays will be the difference in this one.

Whichever team can limit the others ability to break a long play will come out on top.

In fact, I look for the defensive scoring off of big plays, whether that be a kick return, fumble or pick six to be the ultimate decider.

I think the Trojans win by a score, and take a lead in the OVC Race, but if the Tigers do get their first win, then look out folks. An Ironton win will give them the much needed lift to roll the rest of the season.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

There are 2 keys to this game for the Tigers. The coaches have an actual game plan instead of just throwing plays out there and hoping something works. The second is the kids make plays and decide they want to play ball. Mentally they have to come to play if not Trojans beat them. Its that simple. If the Tigers come out to play with a well made gameplan no one beats them. If they continue to play and coach like the past 4 games them we are in for a very long season. Thats the simplest and easiest way to put it.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:There are 2 keys to this game for the Tigers. The coaches have an actual game plan instead of just throwing plays out there and hoping something works. The second is the kids make plays and decide they want to play ball. Mentally they have to come to play if not Trojans beat them. Its that simple. If the Tigers come out to play with a well made gameplan no one beats them. If they continue to play and coach like the past 4 games them we are in for a very long season. Thats the simplest and easiest way to put it.
I agree, and tigers gotta be hungry for points, and I think some1 posted somewhere Portsmouth don't play defense

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
u can't be serious. Burg, jackson and valley are the top 3 in seo.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tigers gotta choose. Roll over & claim coulda, woulda, shoulda, or WAKE UP & realize there is some talent to be utilized. & I don't mean COACHING. Seriously, the "D" was so tough in the first 3-games then, Understandably, they got ran past by the best back in KY & central Ohio to River Rat Land.
Just keep Dino out. He's gotta deal with his stuff & we flex a bit without him. Tigers Dez'Em out 5yds & flattened bodies @ a time.
One more thing....
When they cannot stop DEZ, Baker, Carrico, or Isaac, plus the boys that haven't gotten a chance yet, DOn't suddenly start throwing the BOMB! Look @ the stats & sacks!!!

Jeez Louise!

GOTIGERSGO.

HOWZ THAT BAIT? Whadda ya think?! I'm dropping enough hints as best as I can without spilling the beans completely and "outing my source" based on the VM I left ya? I would have been more vocal but I got hit with a horrendous bug from a tour group from Rio'D Janiero. All of them were sick. Now all Disney cast is sick. Thank goodness for sick paid time I've piled up!!! Out last Thursday til tomorrow(Thursday)!

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:
u can't be serious. Burg, jackson and valley are the top 3 in seo.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

The Tiger team we played in week 1 would roll Ptown..... I'm just not sure that same team exists anymore.... still think tigers win by a score or 2

Return to “Football”