Wk 5: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wk 5: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Let's get some thoughts

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshallman
Varsity

Re: Wk 5: Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by marshallman »

You know it's hard to know how good burg really is: Ironton 0-4, Fairland 0-4, PHS 2-2 and NCH 0-4 that's a combined 2-14 record. PHS one win was Fairland and West who has 1 win. What are the computer points for burg?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson's defense has just been stifling so far. There just aren't many holes and every position is strong and focused on their task of each play.

Turnovers improving every week,kicking game is great....5 different backs to carry the ball. If Jackson plays like they did versus Granville they should win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

marshallman wrote:You know it's hard to know how good burg really is: Ironton 0-4, Fairland 0-4, PHS 2-2 and NCH 0-4 that's a combined 2-14 record. PHS one win was Fairland and West who has 1 win. What are the computer points for burg?
Region so weak they are top five at least. Burg will know who they are next week. If they win or play close and lose, then I say they will be fine. Get blown out then they are just average. Good test for burg as Jackson passed theirs.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Man oh man sure wish I could take this slug fest in. But I'll be taking in my own slug fest with Minford and Ready. Haven't had the chance to take a Pirate or ironman game in yet so I can't predict a winner but I do know there will be hitting and some great running games put to the test. Good luck to the Pirates and I hope both teams come out injury free.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

If Jackson is anything close to what they were last year this will be ugly I just watched Burg play tonight and I say Jackson runs away in this one .....

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Should be a great game between south east Ohio's premier football programs!

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Here4Fun wrote:If Jackson is anything close to what they were last year this will be ugly I just watched Burg play tonight and I say Jackson runs away in this one .....
What did you see Saturday night that makes you say that?

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Ptguard wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:If Jackson is anything close to what they were last year this will be ugly I just watched Burg play tonight and I say Jackson runs away in this one .....
I just dont think are as big and as physical as last year and they just dont seen to have the over all team speed that they did . I think if a team would put a little pressure on Davis and cover the receivers and force them to run because they move the ball well in the air they could be slowed down enough to handle but that just my opinion for what ever it worth ....

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Here4Fun wrote:
Ptguard wrote:
I just dont think are as big and as physical as last year and they just dont seen to have the over all team speed that they did . I think if a team would put a little pressure on Davis and cover the receivers and force them to run because they move the ball well in the air they could be slowed down enough to handle but that just my opinion for what ever it worth ....
In my oppinion I think this years D is better than last years D. The offense is not as good as last years yet but they are improving from week to week.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I'm a Burg fan but I have real concerns about next weeks game at Jackson. With the exception of the Ironton game in which I thought was a quality win with IH at home and at full strength with the last few game results burning in them, has turned a little questionable with IH last three games. I know Larry Hall and his ability to shut down just about any offense he faces. This with the fact you have a small Div 5 team against a Div 3 team is in it's self a daunting task. THE Burg will show up but to expect a win here is a real reach. The teams the Burg has played so far, I think our JV would have a very good chance of beating.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Jackson size and physicality is too much.
Jackson 35
Burg 21

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I think this should be a great game. I think Jackson wins a close game unless they turn the ball over. If they turn it over, Wheelersburg is good enough to make them play for it. I think one of the big differences in this game is strength of schedule. Jackson's schedule has tested them up to the point. Their opponents are 9-7 to date. Wheelersburg's schedule has not challenged them. (Opponents are 2-14)

On a side note it should be a great chest match between the coaching staffs. Let's hope for an injury free game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Here4Fun wrote:
Ptguard wrote:
Coach Woodward is quoted saying this is fasted overall team speed since he's been coaching. Burgs defense is very quick but not as big. Look for Jackson to power run and eat clock.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Granville was very fast...can't imagine Burg being any faster.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson jumps to #1 in the region

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Wheelersburg 27
Jackson 20

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This game will be a defensive battle!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 28
Burg 14

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Last year there there was an element of "surprise" when Jackson traveled to Burg. The previous two years had not even been close or competitive, and no matter how many times you tell 16-18 year olds to take a team or game serious after several years of domination I doubt they put much stock in it,

This year no surprise, we have their attention, they remember last year and our frosh squad just played them and had success. So no one is sleeping on us this year.

Burg and Granville both similar in speed and physicality I think, but the approach will be different. I think Burg will be much, much less conservative and take some chances downfield vertically rather than the shorter routes Granville concentrated on early in the game. Our "weakness" defensively is our strength which is how we fly to ball...I think Burg will try and use that against us with some screens, misdirection or even some gimmick plays maybe.

Similar game plan for Jackson this week I imagine try and control LOS and dictate play and keep ball out of Burg and all their athlete's hands.

End of day this game about defense and avoiding the big play and/or turnovers.

Return to “Football”