Week 5 - Bishop Ready @ Minford

Burg93
Freshman Team

Re: Week 4 - Bishop Ready @ Minford

Post by Burg93 »

Pasteur has Minford losing by 0ne point.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

I don't know much about Ready, so I can't say much about them. I just hope the Falcons come out as fired up as they did last week. They really looked like a team with a plan to win. I do think it will be a low scoring game. Our defense has looked good all year. And with this new, good, offense, we should burn a lot of clock. If we can control the ball, and not have any turn overs, we should be in good shape.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

BushyTailButcher wrote:I don't know much about Ready, so I can't say much about them. I just hope the Falcons come out as fired up as they did last week. They really looked like a team with a plan to win. I do think it will be a low scoring game. Our defense has looked good all year. And with this new, good, offense, we should burn a lot of clock. If we can control the ball, and not have any turn overs, we should be in good shape.
Agreed.

Ready has played in close games this year. They should be a very good squad and seem to be able to put points on the board.

If Minford executes the same offense as Friday night with very few mistakes, they have a very good chance of pulling out the win.

Beating the Columbus private schools is never an easy task....but this is a good shot to do it.

From the Minford side it seemed like Northwest had a great fan base Friday night......I doubt Ready will bring many fans 2 hours for this game.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

EasternDspy wrote:Someone please change the heading
Gzzz what am I thinking about, this is week 5!!! :oops:

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Ready doesn't have a home field and plays all over Central Ohio for their home games, so it's been difficult for them to get a fanbase that's willing to travel far that isn't parents. With them being in a stretch of a schedule where they had to drive to Cincinnati last week, Scioto Co this week, and Bucyrus area next week, I'd only expect to see them bring parents. It's hard to get from the west side of Columbus to Minford if you don't get cut from work until 5pm if it's a 7pm kickoff. Hopefully it's 7:30.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

NewEra wrote:Going to be a real test for the Falcons coming off the re-charge vs. Northwest where hopefully Minford figured it out offensively. We will see if Minford can be considered a legitimate threat and make the SOC II a 3 horse race. Thoughts?
I think it is a 3 horse race regardless of the outcome this week.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

If that Caudill boy plays then they will win for sure! That kid is a BEAST!!!!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

It is a 7:30 Game. The last one we have this year. :mrgreen:

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

If theFalcons play at their potential we win by 14, if we're off we lose by 7. Good luck guys and get this one!

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

BISHUP REEDY GOES DOWN

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

REEDY RAINBOW

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Falcons need this win to have a shot at Week 11!

vladimir
S

Re: Week 5 - Bishop Ready @ Minford

Post by vladimir »

I have a good feeling about this game, and I think Minford will surprise the area with a big win here getting ready for the SOCII league play.

GO FALCONS!!!

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

knowledge wrote:Falcons need this win to have a shot at Week 11!
I will have to agree with you on this one. After the loss to Paint Valley, it is going to be tough to get in this year. Our schedule is pretty tough this year, not only do we have a tough time in the SOC, Gallia Academy will be another good test for us.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

On a normal year, Gallia Academy would be a great addition. This year they are way down and 0-4 on the year.

A win tonight gives Minford confidence going into the second half of the season.

With West struggling this year, a win over them more than likely will yield very little second level points. Waverly is playing better this year, so a win over them will help more than in the past.

Lots of games to left to be played!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Gallia is headed for 0-10. Usually a strong football team though.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

formerfcfan wrote:Ready doesn't have a home field and plays all over Central Ohio for their home games, so it's been difficult for them to get a fanbase that's willing to travel far that isn't parents. With them being in a stretch of a schedule where they had to drive to Cincinnati last week, Scioto Co this week, and Bucyrus area next week, I'd only expect to see them bring parents. It's hard to get from the west side of Columbus to Minford if you don't get cut from work until 5pm if it's a 7pm kickoff. Hopefully it's 7:30.

Hahaha!!!!
My heart bleeds for you poor Columbus/Northern Ohio people who have to drive (ALL THE WAY DOWN TO SOUTHERN OHIO)
Our local schools do nothing but travel 80 to 100 miles to every post season game we have. So spare me with that being one of the reasons there isn't any of their fans coming. When a southern Ohio school has to travel, the towns usually shut down!!
I hope Minford beats the crap out of Ready. And sends their 15 fans back home complaining about the drive!!!

Go Minford..!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

pmow3 wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:Ready doesn't have a home field and plays all over Central Ohio for their home games, so it's been difficult for them to get a fanbase that's willing to travel far that isn't parents. With them being in a stretch of a schedule where they had to drive to Cincinnati last week, Scioto Co this week, and Bucyrus area next week, I'd only expect to see them bring parents. It's hard to get from the west side of Columbus to Minford if you don't get cut from work until 5pm if it's a 7pm kickoff. Hopefully it's 7:30.

Hahaha!!!!
My heart bleeds for you poor Columbus/Northern Ohio people who have to drive (ALL THE WAY DOWN TO SOUTHERN OHIO)
Our local schools do nothing but travel 80 to 100 miles to every post season game we have. So spare me with that being one of the reasons there isn't any of their fans coming. When a southern Ohio school has to travel, the towns usually shut down!!
I hope Minford beats the crap out of Ready. And sends their 15 fans back home complaining about the drive!!!

Go Minford..!!
:lol: pmow bringing the heat.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Sorry Jolly.
It just makes me mad.
To hear them complain when Ironton Wheelersburg and all these local schools have been forced to do this forever.
West, Minford, all of us.
Valley had to go within 20 miles of the other teams school 3 times in the playoffs last year and we were the higher seed in every game.
Think about how many playoff appearances Wheelersburg has done and how much travel.
It's a bunch of crap. I'm sure as heIl not sorry for a Columbus school that has to come here!!!
Go Minford.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

pmow3 wrote:Sorry Jolly.
It just makes me mad.
To hear them complain when Ironton Wheelersburg and all these local schools have been forced to do this forever.
West, Minford, all of us.
Valley had to go within 20 miles of the other teams school 3 times in the playoffs last year and we were the higher seed in every game.
Think about how many playoff appearances Wheelersburg has done and how much travel.
It's a bunch of crap. I'm sure as heIl not sorry for a Columbus school that has to come here!!!
Go Minford.
I agree one hundred percent pmow. I have just not heard it put so bluntly and I like it.

Return to “Football”