Week 5 - Bishop Ready @ Minford

Badboy
Varsity

Re: Week 5 - Bishop Ready @ Minford

Post by Badboy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
pmow3 wrote:Sorry Jolly.
It just makes me mad.
To hear them complain when Ironton Wheelersburg and all these local schools have been forced to do this forever.
West, Minford, all of us.
Valley had to go within 20 miles of the other teams school 3 times in the playoffs last year and we were the higher seed in every game.
Think about how many playoff appearances Wheelersburg has done and how much travel.
It's a bunch of crap. I'm sure as heIl not sorry for a Columbus school that has to come here!!!
Go Minford.
I agree one hundred percent pmow. I have just not heard it put so bluntly and I like it.
I second that!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Falcons drop a tough one in 2OT.

Ready 12
Minford 6

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Tough loss. Minford played great defensively outside of a 95 yard run after Minford drove 80 yards and fumbled on the one yard line.

Ready fumbled on their first offensive OT possession and then Minford fumbled a couple plays later.

Very good game to watch, wish it would have went the other way. #25 for Ready is the best rb I've seen in a while in high school. Big, strong, fast and very shift. Ran very hard till the whistle. Minford played very good defensively tonight and have nothing to hang their heads over.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford's defense kept Bishops Ready's offense in check all night. Minford's offense was able to move the ball efficiently. Great game plan, but turnovers will kill you and that's what happened here. I have to say Minford played their hearts out, and I'm proud of the effort they gave. Best thing to do is, learn from this experience and get ready for SOCII league play.

Let's get prepared to kick the crap outta the West side. GO RED!!

anderson2012
JV Team

Re: Week 4 - Bishop Ready @ Minford

Post by anderson2012 »

pmow3 wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:Ready doesn't have a home field and plays all over Central Ohio for their home games, so it's been difficult for them to get a fanbase that's willing to travel far that isn't parents. With them being in a stretch of a schedule where they had to drive to Cincinnati last week, Scioto Co this week, and Bucyrus area next week, I'd only expect to see them bring parents. It's hard to get from the west side of Columbus to Minford if you don't get cut from work until 5pm if it's a 7pm kickoff. Hopefully it's 7:30.

Hahaha!!!!
My heart bleeds for you poor Columbus/Northern Ohio people who have to drive (ALL THE WAY DOWN TO SOUTHERN OHIO)
Our local schools do nothing but travel 80 to 100 miles to every post season game we have. So spare me with that being one of the reasons there isn't any of their fans coming. When a southern Ohio school has to travel, the towns usually shut down!!
I hope Minford beats the crap out of Ready. And sends their 15 fans back home complaining about the drive!!!

Go Minford..!!
Didn't Valley play a Northern Ohio school at a halfway point a few years ago? Oh, they did. Yeah, they played Van Buren at Hilliard Bradley. Yeah, okay... I see that "travel" retort you came up with carries no water.

I can easily point to a thread where fans were bellyaching about South Webster having to drive to Ohio Dominican in Columbus to play in a boys basketball regional final a few years ago. I can also point to threads where people take up issue with where the district finals are for soccer, or how far of a drive they have, or whatever. Same can be true for fans of Scioto County teams that have in the past expressed their displeasure with how long the mileage is or that they have to drive through routes ridden with speed-traps.

Your fake-sanctimony ("fake" being that what you're professing is a lie, that southern Ohio h.s. sports fans have no problem whatsoever with how far they have to drive for a game) is hilarious and reverberates the common theme on this message board that fallacies can account for a lack of facts. Someone made mention of the fans, I made a logical and well-thought out explanation. I can point to instances where central/northern Ohio schools do come down to play southern Ohio schools on Friday nights in the spite of the terribly long drives because they know the home school is relying on that night's game to help keep their athletic department out of the red, even when games can be played on Saturday: a day that the majority if not all schools refuse to play home games on when given the choice because they know they stand to gain less ticket sales if they played on Saturday than Friday. Conversely, there are several southern Ohio schools (Waverly being one of them) that are playing away games on Saturdays presumably because of the far drive.
Last edited by anderson2012 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

pmow3 wrote:Valley had to go within 20 miles of the other teams school 3 times in the playoffs last year and we were the higher seed in every game.
Grandview Heights to Nelsonville, OH = 69 miles

Kirtland to New Albany, OH = 150 miles

The only one that was even close to what you claimed was Centerburg which is ~28 miles from Gahanna-Lincoln High School (so advantageous for the Trojans).

Do you even know what you're talking about half the time? My guess is "no".

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Who won the game? :roll:

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Ready 12-6. Double OT.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Thanks formerfcfan

You're right. Nothing I said was true. Not one bit.
Thanks for the info.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Okay 5 games in. I believe the Minford defense is good enough to compete and be a factor in the SOC II, and possibly enough to in-fact make it a 3 horse race. The Falcons are going to have to find consistency in not turning the football over in the offense, or the defense will simply wear down vs. Burg, Valley like it did vs. Paint Valley and I am going to assume(haven't seen Valley or Burg yet this year) that they are better than Paint Valley. Honestly, if the turnovers can be scrapped and find a little more rhythm on offense, who knows, could be a 3 horse race, only time will tell.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I can't speak for football teams. But I think most fans in Lucasville and wheelersburg already believe every conference game can be a challenge and with the way Minford has played and realizing that Paint Valley is better than many thought, that Minford will be in the middle of the chase. West played better last night obviously as well. And one more thing, Waverly has played some good games as well. They had weird things go on against Zane Trace or they would've been in that game. That was the night of the delays, etc. And it was a 4 point game in the 3rd. So all these teams can play some good ball. I don't expect it to be a cake walk for anybody. I understand why Wheelersburg would be a favorite and I see Valley being solid too. But all these games will be interesting.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

so ifm im ready righy 15 fans made a long drive home with a smile on there face? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”