Waverly @ Caldwell

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly @ Caldwell

Post by smurray »

Turnovers gave Caldwell all their points in the 1st half. I didn't get to listen to any of the 2nd half. What happened?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Tale of two halfs for Waverly. Down 17-13 at the mid point is not a bad showing against the number 2 team in the state. Waverly did show the ability to move the ball for a while….mostly through the air.

Our normally quiet radio announcers were beside themselves with the officiating. Waverly's coach was not thrilled either and took to the field to voice concern. Not that it would have changed the outcome of the game; but apparently "several" controversial calls in the second half went against the Tigers that lead to this game having a running clock.

Several positives for the Tigers in this contest that they can build on for the future. Waverly will regroup and be ready for next week.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

smurray wrote:Turnovers gave Caldwell all their points in the 1st half. I didn't get to listen to any of the 2nd half. What happened?
Caldwell went uptempo the second half and I think that really started to effect Waverly, limiting their ability to get lined up and get subs in. Caldwell took the opening kickoff down the field and scored, and then I believe on the ensuing Waverly possession, Caldwell was able to force a fumble and get another score. Like mentioned, turnovers killed Waverly. They drove deep into Caldwell territory I think late in the 3rd, where they lost another fumble. Just going off memory here so timeline may not be exact.

As for the officiating, it's hard to say. I'm sure with the amount of penalties on Waverly they would feel a bit upset, but I believe several of those were warranted. The horse collar tackle that kept a Caldwell drive alive comes to mind. Had a clear view of it, and I do believe it was the correct call. After that it got chippy, with players on both sides involved in scuffles and trash talking. Some of which I'd just chalk up to frustration.

Overall, Waverly put up a good battle. Good luck to them the rest of the season.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Close bookem :122245

but I missed the Streaks score bad. :mad:

skydog
Waterboy

Post by skydog »

Hello Fort Frye:)

Return to “Football”