Porstmouth West @ Raceland Ky

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Porstmouth West @ Raceland Ky

Post by Westfan »

dreamweaver wrote:Westfan I doubt last years team would appreciate your comments that there were only a " couple" good players! Haha and this years team when you say they are down and will be better next year! Can't wait to see. that explains your Ciderjuice vision. And jolly trust me the last thing I am is ignorant. I don't need to respond to comments like yours because I would not know where to start with you. You have no idea what you think you know.
Westfan wrote:Last year had several good seniors backed up by a solid junior class.
It's obvious that reading is not your strong suit.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good Luck to West....but it'll be a tough evening.

Raceland 42
West 18

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Lets hope West gets back on track this week but if not this will be a long season. Looking to next year in my mind will be hard to take if I was a Senior on this team. Also injuries have hurt but a couple of kids were kick off the team and that always affects everyone.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I'm afraid im with most on here... Raceland by 3 TDs.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Beat-down

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

dreamweaver wrote:This is the first year our new staff had their own team and not somebody else's. I still hope we can win against Raceland. We got some players back.
Just to piggy back this thought dreamwever
Correct me if im wrong but the class of 2015 was for the most part led by 3 players that the previous coaching staff neglected to use peoperly. The work horse back in welch was a tight end under the previous staff then moves to RB with the new staff and rushed for a thousand.
The quarterback was being tried at the RB position for a game when he threw for 1200 yards this past season.
And the leading receiver with close to 700 yards rode the bench under that staff. It sounds like this coaching staff knew their personnel better and used them in the correct way unlike the previous staff. Although i wish we would not discuss the previous staff but your post just stuck out to me. JMO though.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Rams by 3 TD’s

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

sportsman678 wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:This is the first year our new staff had their own team and not somebody else's. I still hope we can win against Raceland. We got some players back.
Correct me if im wrong but the class of 2015 was for the most part led by 3 players that the previous coaching staff neglected to use peoperly. The work horse back in welch was a tight end under the previous staff then moves to RB with the new staff and rushed for a thousand.
The quarterback was being tried at the RB position for a game when he threw for 1200 yards this past season.
And the leading receiver with close to 700 yards rode the bench under that staff. It sounds like this coaching staff knew their personnel better and used them in the correct way unlike the previous staff. Although i wish we would not discuss the previous staff but your post just stuck out to me. JMO though.
Some good points but lets keep in mind they were Juniors and more often they change positions during their Senior year. The QB also threw 13 to 14 interceptions last year which is way too many. I also think under the old staff he threw for almost 1,000 yards.

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

Good points. But you would have to remember the games that there were many route miscommunications in minford and newark catholic but that would still leave him with 9 or 10 int's which isnt great either not completely on the qb more of a team issue. . but look at the positives 16 td's and 1200 yards doesnt sound like much of a running back to me. A team that has learned a brand new playbook and concept 3 weeks before the start of the season. And to put up the numbers they did was a success in my eyes.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Yea keep in mind haha to use your great phrase and to prove anyone can get on here and spout of half truths. we should of won two more games last year and underutilized some players one in particular. Look this could go on and on. I simply completely disagree with you and some of the dumb responses and prejudice. Again this is the most undisciplined team to ever play. We have players on the sideline that have done things illegal and are still on the team. We have players wanting to quit. The list as long as yours! Lol I am done. Good luck Siders this week! We got some players coming back!and to pretend to know what a staff would do on here is hilarious.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Our head coach has no record at Liberty Union. I think at West it is 7-8 now? Or 7-7.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Now the true colors come out. Son not run the ball last year?
Butt hurt about it?

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Adversity.......its life and it happens. Time to circle the wagons? I don't think so. I do think that the ignorance towards the current coaching staff needs to stop. What do you have to gain by it? Prove your point of what? Westsiders want to be happy about football and true they don't want to lose....Show me a fan that enjoys losing? We just don't have the horses to dominate this year. If Urban Meyer was the coach I don't think the outcome of these games would be a lot different. Those hating on the coaches are either not from the Westside or once stood on the sideline wearing a polo and a hat and thought they were irreplaceable. News flash! Time and progress wait for no one.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Lololololllolol why do I bother!!!hahahaha can't stop laughing

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

dreamweaver wrote:Westfan you are so full of yourself that you really believe that? lol. I have never seen a team as undisciplined and weak as we are now. A guy that doesn't even have a job-you- wants to tell us how it is! We got kids on the SIDELINES that should be kicked off the team. We have a boat load of seniors and yea we have had injuries but so does everyone else. I seen more injuries several years ago than now. I hope as much as anyone that we beat Raceland but don't see it happening. Your opinion is just that and so is mine but I could not agree less with you. Looking forward to next year myself. That will tell us a lot. Several solid players didn't even come out this year. The arrogance of last year and self assuredness aint there now. And like it or not last years team was still the former staffs team. That is a fact. Our present coach now did some good things with that team. But now he has to build teams and so far it isn't working out so well.and we have 3 Head Coaches.
Clearly sir you are deranged. The last staff had some of the most undisciplined teams that ever played for West. The last staff looked the other way and never disciplined any of the players. That is a fact. Last years team was this coaches team period. It was his offense his defense, He was the one calling the plays no one else!!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

game day wrote:
sportsman678 wrote:
Some good points but lets keep in mind they were Juniors and more often they change positions during their Senior year. The QB also threw 13 to 14 interceptions last year which is way too many. I also think under the old staff he threw for almost 1,000 yards.
You would be wrong again. Of course that shouldn't be new to you. The previous staff never had a 1000 yard passer, the most they ever had was 925 yards in 2010. The next best year was in 2009 with a whooping 393 yards. So by looking at those numbers I dont think last years passing success had anything what so ever to the previous coaching staff!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Good posts Noles.

It's easy to whine when things aren't going well. Like the other poster said, no one likes losing. But negativity only makes it worse. This is high school football. You don't recruit. You have what you have.

Wasn't long ago West had a backfield that consisted of a walk-on quarterback at Ohio State, a 3 year starter at fullback for Michigan State, and numerous other really good players and we struggled at times. From 2007 to 2011 West had some of the most talented teams to play here in the last 25 years and we won 1 SOC II title. We beat Valley once and Wheelersburg twice. That's cause for concern. Losing this year isn't.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

It is crazy how people pull stats out from many years ago. If they can do that without batting an eye they must be on the staff.

With that said West needs this win or it could be a very long season. Especially for the kids.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OSU 77 wrote:It is crazy how people pull stats out from many years ago. If they can do that without batting an eye they must be on the staff.

With that said West needs this win or it could be a very long season. Especially for the kids.
I'll take that as a compliment, but no I don't coach football.
Just a fan with a decent memory and access to Joe Eitel.

But it is telling when those that questioned the new coach from the day he was hired responds to any mentions of 2013 and prior :122249

I got an idea, why don't we move on from the past, support the present, and hope for the future?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i went to the valley - raceland game. the rams are a very physical team. they have some talent. as much as i would like to see a fellow soc team compete with out of state teams imho this might be a long night for west. raceland by at least 21

Return to “Football”