Minford@Portsmouth West

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Minford@Portsmouth West

Post by BigBlueNation »

Thoughts on this one.
West finally gets back home after 4 straight road games.
Don't think this is a very good match up for West right now. Minford size and strength maybe to much for West. We will see come Friday night.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Re: Minford@Portsmouth West

Post by Senatorz10 »

After losing a nailbiter last week, I see Minford being very focused and ready for SOC Play. I got the Falcons over the Senators 28-14

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

:122247 Minford 21 west 0

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Saturday night Minford had a fundraiser that had members of the Marshall men's basketball team against some of the Ohio State troopers. The money that was raise was to buy stuff for unfortunate children in our area. They had alot of nice stuff they raffled off during the game. They raised a little over 2,000 dollars. It was truly a awesome event. Hats off to coach Shoemaker and coach Caudill the state troopers and the Marshall players and everyone else who made this possible. God bless you all.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Minford is very physical and plays very good defense. Ready was held in check except for 3-4 big plays. They made their talented RB work for every yard except for the 95 yd run after he was hit in the backfield. I'm sure he is enjoying the win, but I promise you that he is sore and knows he was in a fight out there Friday night.

That being said, I think West has a very tough time moving the ball. If Minford doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers, they control this game by pounding the ball right at West.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Does anyone know when West will get back some of their players that have been out? I also seen that West lost another player this week for the Minford game. Being at home may help the West team they seem to play Minford tough every year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

luvbigcats wrote:Saturday night Minford had a fundraiser that had members of the Marshall men's basketball team against some of the Ohio State troopers. The money that was raise was to buy stuff for unfortunate children in our area. They had alot of nice stuff they raffled off during the game. They raised a little over 2,000 dollars. It was truly a awesome event. Hats off to coach Shoemaker and coach Caudill the state troopers and the Marshall players and everyone else who made this possible. God bless you all.

PRAISE GOD , THAT'S AWESOME BIGCAT.I LOVE SEEING STUFF LIKE THIS

And I think Minford whallops West upside the head.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

luvbigcats wrote:Saturday night Minford had a fundraiser that had members of the Marshall men's basketball team against some of the Ohio State troopers. The money that was raise was to buy stuff for unfortunate children in our area. They had alot of nice stuff they raffled off during the game. They raised a little over 2,000 dollars. It was truly a awesome event. Hats off to coach Shoemaker and coach Caudill the state troopers and the Marshall players and everyone else who made this possible. God bless you all.
Good deal. This is what high school sports and their communities are all about.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I could not agree more fan.
payin it forward

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford was the better team against Bishop Ready. The game plan was there and it was executed well, but turnovers cost the Falcons in what I feel should have been a 14-0 game. With the experience gained against Bishop Ready, Minford should have the confidence they can play with anyone in the SOCII. For this game against West, Minford should win by 2 scores if they can hold onto the ball; if not, history may repeat itself.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I know one thing the SOC will be good again this year
I like Minford in this game it could get away from West if they don't play their best

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Lots of rain in the forecast this week. This could be a sloppy one. If Minford is having fumble issues, they could be magnified in the rain or mud.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Badboy wrote:Minford is very physical and plays very good defense. Ready was held in check except for 3-4 big plays. They made their talented RB work for every yard except for the 95 yd run after he was hit in the backfield. I'm sure he is enjoying the win, but I promise you that he is sore and knows he was in a fight out there Friday night.

That being said, I think West has a very tough time moving the ball. If Minford doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers, they control this game by pounding the ball right at West.
I hope they do try and pound the ball right at us, that is the strength of the defense.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

noles_fan wrote:
Badboy wrote:Minford is very physical and plays very good defense. Ready was held in check except for 3-4 big plays. They made their talented RB work for every yard except for the 95 yd run after he was hit in the backfield. I'm sure he is enjoying the win, but I promise you that he is sore and knows he was in a fight out there Friday night.

I hope they do try and pound the ball right at us, that is the strength of the defense.
I sure hope they do.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford seems to be playing well right now. Defensively they are going to make it very hard for West to maintain long drives. I can see West hitting a big play or two, but Minford's defense is going to be hard for West to run against.

Turnovers killed what should have been a big win over a very good Ready team. Hopefully they pick each other back up and come out playing with a chip on their shoulder in SOC play.

Limit the turnovers against this injury depleted West squad and they will roll by 3 TDs.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Yes I have heard West has some players out I also heard they had a player ejected last week

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I know I don't post all too often ,but I must say I am pretty disheartened about how this season has played out thus far. I knew we would miss Irwin, Davis, and several others ALOT, but I felt like we could still be around 5-5 to 6-4 with a chance to sneak out a win against someone maybe we shouldn't, but it is not looking that way. This is a must win game for the Senators, if we are going to have any remote chance at all to salvage the season.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would agree this is a must win for the Siders

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

OSU 77 wrote:Yes I have heard West has some players out I also heard they had a player ejected last week

From the Westside, who is all out, and who got ejected?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

It's hard to say how many players we will have out this week. Not for sure who was ejected last week.
West usally plays their best game or one of their best every year agaisnt Minford for some reason.

Return to “Football”