Week 7: Ironton (2-4; 2-0) @ Coal Grove (3-3; 2-0)

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 7: Ironton (2-4; 2-0) @ Coal Grove (3-3; 2-0)

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:
GoBigGrover wrote:
I actually google map the addresses a few minutes ago, and both schools are exactly 3 miles from each other. Shoot you could do a 5k from one high school to the other, the .1 can be finishing on the football field!
Next Year...Move this game to a Saturday at Noon Kickoff

8:00 AM - Have a 5k in the morning from one stadium to the other to benefit both schools' athletic departments

10:00 AM - Visiting team's fans all meet at their own stadium--then en masse altogher WALK to the other teams stadium right through the cemetery and 9th Street. (How cool would that be to have a couple of thousand folks in a parade in Ironton? I think I've seen that before somewhere :-) )

11:00 AM - Tailgate Bean Dinner

12:00 NOON - Kickoff

THIS matchup could be such a great thing for both schools.

That right there is a great idea. You could raise so much money for scholarships or just the general athletic fund. I don't have any pull, but my vote goes for these ideas.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

Coal grove by 10 ...
30 -20

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Is Pallandino going to play again this year? What was his injury?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I've wondered the same thing. the only thing I have heard is a back injury.

but just feed dez and barker and execute on the line blocks.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

this should be a dandy of a game but Im going with the Grove on this one. Ironton just isnt as good as everyone thinks they are. Yes, they have played a much better early schedule, which they never won any of, but the big thing I see is now that they are into conference play, they are not beating anybody any worse than anyone else is. Example; ironton vs fairland 35-0......south point vs fairland 32-0. close game with portsmouth til late in the game. Fairland beating portsmouth at halftime. Rock hill destroyed portsmouth and wasnt even close.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:dang weather saying 80% chance of PM thunderstorms!!!!!
Bring a poncho and the rain gear!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:
GoBigGrover wrote:
I actually google map the addresses a few minutes ago, and both schools are exactly 3 miles from each other. Shoot you could do a 5k from one high school to the other, the .1 can be finishing on the football field!
Next Year...Move this game to a Saturday at Noon Kickoff

8:00 AM - Have a 5k in the morning from one stadium to the other to benefit both schools' athletic departments

10:00 AM - Visiting team's fans all meet at their own stadium--then en masse altogher WALK to the other teams stadium right through the cemetery and 9th Street. (How cool would that be to have a couple of thousand folks in a parade in Ironton? I think I've seen that before somewhere :-) )

11:00 AM - Tailgate Bean Dinner

If it storms you might get your wish and it will be played on Saturday.

12:00 NOON - Kickoff

THIS matchup could be such a great thing for both schools.
If it storms you might get your wish and it will be played on Saturday.
Last edited by osumufan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

buckeyes41 wrote:this should be a dandy of a game but Im going with the Grove on this one. Ironton just isnt as good as everyone thinks they are. Yes, they have played a much better early schedule, which they never won any of, but the big thing I see is now that they are into conference play, they are not beating anybody any worse than anyone else is. Example; ironton vs fairland 35-0......south point vs fairland 32-0. close game with portsmouth til late in the game. Fairland beating portsmouth at halftime. Rock hill destroyed portsmouth and wasnt even close.

trust me those are all very valid points. and we know that already. right now we're just trying to fix holes in the dam and trying to continue to improve. I don't think the program or the fans are over confident about any aspect of the program right now. which quite frankly is reeling. all we can do is support them, and hope for improvement. I'm sure this is very humbling to everyone involved with their storied past. so no doubt everybody wants a piece of them now. that's a bigger feather in a cap than most will admit to beating ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think this will be a closely contested game in a very lively and loud hornet's nest. this will develop into an awesome rivalry. and with rock hill's program breathing new life into redmen land that too could become a dandy rivalry as well.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Coal Grove aint that good folks. Sorry hornets. Ironton wins.

SEpanthermom
Riding the Bench

Post by SEpanthermom »

Having watched both teams recently I expect Ironton to pull out a win Friday. The only reason I see Coal Grove having much of a chance is the home Refs ugh I mean field advantage. If the only home cooking is consumed prior to the game Ironton will take the OVC lead.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

dreamweaver wrote:Coal Grove aint that good folks. Sorry hornets. Ironton wins.
TIGERS play better with a lead so I hope they stick 7 in quick !!!!!!

TIGERS 35-21

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

native blood wrote:Having watched both teams recently I expect Ironton to pull out a win Friday. The only reason I see Coal Grove having much of a chance is the home Refs ugh I mean field advantage. If the only home cooking is consumed prior to the game Ironton will take the OVC lead.
does 3 cg refs and 3 tiger refs have this game ??????? :lol:

be a battle of refs out there also LOL

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

FYI, its military appreciation night. All members of the military past and present get in for free. Feel free to spread the word

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

The crowd is going to be massive, the hitting will be epic, the atmosphere will be electric!!!! Here's hoping to a great game and no injuries!!!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

GoBigGrover wrote:FYI, its military appreciation night. All members of the military past and present get in for free. Feel free to spread the word
From a Retired Navy Veteran: A big thank you to Coal Grove and the community for the thought and appreciation, it truly means a lot to be recognized and appreciated for serving this great Nation of ours.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looking forward to a great game between the Fighting Tigers and the Hornets.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
GoBigGrover wrote:FYI, its military appreciation night. All members of the military past and present get in for free. Feel free to spread the word
From a Retired Navy Veteran: A big thank you to Coal Grove and the community for the thought and appreciation, it truly means a lot to be recognized and appreciated for serving this great Nation of ours.
From an old retired Air Force Veteran I will 2nd everything OHB2 said.............

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

I will say this much, the old coffee club at McDonalds is a buzz about this game. Is it Friday yet?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
From an old retired Air Force Veteran I will 2nd everything OHB2 said.............
you'd have got in free anyway. coal grove has a policy after you hit 85. you get in free with a coffee mug.

Return to “Football”