Week 7: Ironton (2-4; 2-0) @ Coal Grove (3-3; 2-0)

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 7: Ironton (2-4; 2-0) @ Coal Grove (3-3; 2-0)

Post by Grove4Life »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
GoBigGrover wrote:FYI, its military appreciation night. All members of the military past and present get in for free. Feel free to spread the word
From a Retired Navy Veteran: A big thank you to Coal Grove and the community for the thought and appreciation, it truly means a lot to be recognized and appreciated for serving this great Nation of ours.
From an old retired Air Force Veteran I will 2nd everything OHB2 said.............[/quote]

you'd have got in free anyway. coal grove has a policy after you hit 85. you get in free with a coffee mug.[/quote]

Bait I think you have mistaken the free coffee policy at Speedway. With that said I am proud of my school and how we honor those who have fought for the freedom for us to talk smack on here and go watch football on Friday nights.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
GoBigGrover wrote:FYI, its military appreciation night. All members of the military past and present get in for free. Feel free to spread the word
From a Retired Navy Veteran: A big thank you to Coal Grove and the community for the thought and appreciation, it truly means a lot to be recognized and appreciated for serving this great Nation of ours.
From an old retired Air Force Veteran I will 2nd everything OHB2 said.............
From this American, I say thank you both for your service. God Bless you both and God Bless America!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

these 2 last played 10-05-01 and tigers rolled 49-0 we know those days are over, I still think tigers get the win 35-21!!

if coal grove should win does jim walker give CG the main headline in the tribune ??? lol

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

cg-ironton fan wrote:these 2 last played 10-05-01 and tigers rolled 49-0 we know those days are over, I still think tigers get the win 35-21!!

if coal grove should win does jim walker give CG the main headline in the tribune ??? lol
Good one! He would but find a way to blame the officials lol

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

GoBigGrover wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:these 2 last played 10-05-01 and tigers rolled 49-0 we know those days are over, I still think tigers get the win 35-21!!

Good one! He would but find a way to blame the officials lol
well I don't know no how officiating works but lets hope its not those 3 CG guys, and some unknowns LOL

I think cannon or zebra should speak up im sure they know whos got this game!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Grove4Life wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:
From an old retired Air Force Veteran I will 2nd everything OHB2 said.............
you'd have got in free anyway. coal grove has a policy after you hit 85. you get in free with a coffee mug.[/quote]

Bait I think you have mistaken the free coffee policy at Speedway. With that said I am proud of my school and how we honor those who have fought for the freedom for us to talk smack on here and go watch football on Friday nights.[/quote]

I think it's awesome as well. I'm just yankin turkey's chain some.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

CG fan I had to give up officiating this year because of some bad health issues, but I honestly don't know who has this game but it should be an efficient crew, I may come and watch this one it should be a dandy since these kids have played against each other since the second grade I guess we'll see which community's boys have matured the most over the years.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

GoBigGrover wrote:The team that A) Makes the fewest mistakes and B) Capitalizes on the other teams mistakes will be the victor.
Absolutely the football coaches back pocket bible.
If IHS doesn't eliminate the 15-yd penalties & turnovers, long bus ride home.
2 of each & it'd be hard for IHS to prevail. They can lign up & give grove all they want & thought they wanted & more than they thought possible. I hope Palladino is only played if he's ONLY COMPLETELY HEALTHY. If he's got band aids on band aids, this physical of a game would be too hard on him. IMHO. We're proving theres enough talent there to win with & getting experience for future!!!
Back to turnovers, does anyone else remember when lutz made guys that fumbled carry a football everywhere, everyday, the following Monday-Friday@ school?
Boy, that was a lesson.
I remember jimmy Morris, mark
Snyder(once)?,& Dennis bacon toting those around in early 80's!
GOTIGERSGO.
Control the grove.
Control the ovc
Control your destiny!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and nobody else better have brought that ball back to coach lutz either. or your rearend was gonna be grass===and he was(coach lutz) gonna be the lawnmower.

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

Looks like we may have a break from the rain for kickoff!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

CG is young ironton has many seniors does youth prevail or seniors take these boys to woodshed!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

No body will be taken to the wood shed. Ironton will be lucky to come out with a win.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Coal Grove at home by 7 points!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

If Coal Grove can limit the amount of turnovers they commit they'll win this game. I say Coal Grove sneaking by and getting the win with a 2 pt conversion. Go grove!

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

It is simple if the Grove wants to win, limit turnovers and tackle. Would love to see the fire that they had against Rock Hill and the second half against Fairview, we see that then this game will be real interesting.

Also, don't forget to thank a veteran at the game tonight.

biscut
Riding the Bench

Post by biscut »

Nail Biter.... A Lawrwnce County School finally gets another win against the Tigers.

Last time ( 1968 Pointers ) ?

CG 32
Ironton 30

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AND GOD BLESS ALL OUR VETERANS PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:AND GOD BLESS ALL OUR VETERANS PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Amen to that brother.
If Ironton's "D" plays as good as in all the other games(except after half against Ashland) & Hopefully coaches & Isaac finally believe they can start developing a relationship withe the 6-4 receivers on occasion & continues inserting younger backs here & there & tigers continue to improve on the move for a victory in the OVC!
GOTIGERSGO

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M GONNA GO OUT ON A LONG LIMB HERE AND SAY HUGE CROWD, AND THE REDMEN FANS HAVE A BYE THIS WEEK. BETTER BUY SPLIT THE POT.

Return to “Football”