WK 7: Buckeye Trail 8 @ Fort Frye 30 Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

WK 7: Buckeye Trail 8 @ Fort Frye 30 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

This should be a pretty good game. Cadets have not play at home since week 2 so I think they will be excited after 4 straight road wins.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 7: Buckeye Trail (2-4) @ Fort Frye (6-0) Homecoming

Post by EasternDspy »

According to Drew Pastuer the Cadets can clinch a playoff spot with a win in this game. Fort Frye is scoring 31 points a game and allowing 9 points a game. Cadets beat Trail 39-0 last season in Old Washington. Casey Lewis is the Cadets leading rusher with 604 yards and 11 total Tds. Cadets are lead by DLineman/Ol Anthony Winters who has 12 or 13 sacks on the season.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

The guys at the prison said Trail played physical but they aren't sure how they match up with Fort Frye. From everything I gather Fort Frye would be comparable to Barnesville for Trail. I have to think Fort Frye will win this but could it be closer than what people think??

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Fort Frye 26-14

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Going with Fort Frye in a close one. Trail has underachieved IMO and I'm still wondering how the Warriors lost a 19-point lead and the game to WV 'A' team Cameron.
Cadets looking at a home playoff game if they keep it up.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

Besides the loss to Cameron, Trails losses came to teams with a combined record of 17-1. I thought I read that the Cameron film was submitted to the OVAC, and Trail was issued an apology. In addition to that wasn't Trail made well aware that no officials on that crew would be allowed to officiate another Trail game this year? That was on ov Athletics.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets need to take care of Trail, Zeps and Wirt and they could be at home in the playoffs

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Last year when these to teams played the Cadets were just so much faster then the Warriors.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

Now you add in Layton, and Fort Frye is lots better than last year. Will Layton play this week?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Layton played last week but was mostly defense. He is defensive play caller and really helps clog up middle at MLB. I'm sure he will start to get more carries soon but Baker has done a great job a FB.

studRB
Waterboy

Post by studRB »

buckeyes009 wrote:Besides the loss to Cameron, Trails losses came to teams with a combined record of 17-1. I thought I read that the Cameron film was submitted to the OVAC, and Trail was issued an apology. In addition to that wasn't Trail made well aware that no officials on that crew would be allowed to officiate another Trail game this year? That was on ov Athletics.
That's what I heard (about the OVAC) and the "apology." Regardless, should be a good game between FF and Trail.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Just read in today's paper of the passing of coach Terry Huck.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Huck family during this very difficult time.

Cadets will win and go to 7-0.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

A home game! How exciting!

I love the OVAC. Basketball officiating is consistent on home or on the road. And now they acknowledged that one of their football officials made a mistake? Who else does that?

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

From my understanding it was the talk of the valley. The guys at the prison said before they were home from the liberty union and Caldwell game they were getting phone calls about it. Trail was up 19-0 and scored to make it 25-0 right before the half and the TD was called back and then lots of odd calls happened. I think Trail had three touchdowns called back and two 4th down pass interference calls. It was a well known debacle that forced a meeting. Two of the guys at the prison ref and said the repercussions of the game were felt clear through the eastern district and ovac in regards to the officials and official conduct. Fort Frye isn't Cameron, and I don't think the Warriors are on Fort Fryes level. They are the clear #4 in the pvc.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kinda funny that both teams beat Frontier 39-6. I honestly don't have a good vibe on this one Trail has played tough teams but other then Barnesville they got pummeled by Meadowbrook and Caldwell. I think Fort is better then Barnesville by not by a whole lot. First home game in a month and it's a home game I don't see them losing this one. What does Trail do on offense only team in league that don't have stats in the paper. I pray Cadets are not looking ahead.Fort passing game has really improved I hope they work on it some more.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

Trail ran wing t against Barnesville. I was actually at this game with guys from the prison. I don't know how to put it, Barnesville was the better team, but Trail should have won the game. Trail shot themselves in the foot twice by not scoring inside the 5. However, I watched Fort Frye and Belpre and Fort Frye was good, and I thought Belpre was going to be really good. I have to think Fort Frye will be more physical and more disciplined in this one. In saying that, I don't have much faith in Fort Frye against Caldwell, I saw Caldwell against Waverly and Liberty Union, they are in a league of their own.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You see film? Liberty Union vs Caldwell and Belpre vs Fort Frye was same night. Also Belpre is really good probably will finish 8-2 and get a home playoff game.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

I saw the Belpre Fort Frye film, my buddies son plays at Belpre. I was on their bandwagon early as you know. I think they are OK, but struggle with any type of decent team.

studRB
Waterboy

Post by studRB »

My high school ran wing-t. In 1981. What are they thinking?
buckeyes009 wrote:Trail ran wing t against Barnesville. I was actually at this game with guys from the prison. I don't know how to put it, Barnesville was the better team, but Trail should have won the game. Trail shot themselves in the foot twice by not scoring inside the 5. However, I watched Fort Frye and Belpre and Fort Frye was good, and I thought Belpre was going to be really good. I have to think Fort Frye will be more physical and more disciplined in this one. In saying that, I don't have much faith in Fort Frye against Caldwell, I saw Caldwell against Waverly and Liberty Union, they are in a league of their own.
I have to think that if the wing t was the way to go, far more teams would use it. Give me a good old power running game with a fullback in a three point stance kicking someone out!

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye had success with it in the late 90's. What they're doing today is just an updated version of it.

It seems to me that teams who use the wing t don't change it up enough. There's a certain rhythm to the offense that defenses can upset if you stay in your base play package. Fort Frye would mix in quick hitters to take advantage of the defense being back on its heels. in that first second after the snap, while the defense was reading "run or pass," the QB was throwing a slant to a receiver in full stride.

Return to “Football”