Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) SEOAL

pmow3
Varsity

Re: Week 7: Jackson Ironmen (5-1) @ Logan Chieftains (6-0) S

Post by pmow3 »

Congrats to Jackson. 1 of only 3 or 4 division 3 schools in Southeastern Ohio...
This might not be the time to say this. Or maybe it is. Do the people that slam Southeastern Ohio realize there is only 3 or 4 div 3 teams?
Absolutely ZERO Division 1 schools!!!!!
Maybe 2 or 3 Division 2......
If you look at the amount of schools there even are in Division 1 2 and 3, Nobody should EVER have any expectation that The State Champions will likely come out of Southeastern Ohio.... But yet, year in and year out I see it in posts by (certain people) ^^^^ :roll: that they want to slam SE Ohio for their lack of talent or lack of Championships. We are all basically Div 5 and 6 and 7....... Bottom line.
Sorry. It just occurred to me, and felt like I should say something. Let's hope that the 1 really big school in SE Ohio, Logan, gets better at some point and someday competes for Div 2 state titles. It's not easy. But the numbers are stacked against you, just like the numbers are stacked against most smaller schools in SE Ohio.
Last edited by pmow3 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Observations on my part tonight

Nice crowd
Really nice people
Two good teams
Refs were off all night missing several calls mostly ones that would have gone against Logan
Jackson did not look slow tonight
Logan quarterback can scramble and make things happen with both his feet and arm
Logan's band is outstanding
The better team won
Article and pics working

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

glad you could make it down NC.

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

this is what happens when logan ain't playing a D7 team..

purpleforlife
Waterboy

Post by purpleforlife »

lets see what happens the rest of the year before you boast to much,i don't recall logan fans acting that way when you got punished by wheelersburg.stay classy now

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

Im not a jackson fan man. not boasting at all. i root for pee wittle wellston lol.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Jackson isn't Shadyside, and according to Palidin last year, Logan won't have a chance against a program like DeSales. Oh and my warriors got hammered! Is it basketball season yet???

purpleforlife
Waterboy

Post by purpleforlife »

im just happy both teams are power houses again .that's great for southeastern ohio

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this one surprised me. congratulations ironmen
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Paladin wrote:Be my guest. Go over to MaxPreps and watch ALL the film on Jackson. Then tell me they have "speed". :roll: On film, no matter what they run, its slow. Its funny that the Warren Game that they ran the Spread O and used the Jet sweep which is a "speed" play. It is laughable. Would appear that all Jackson has been doing is trying to "muscle" people and that works with weak teams, as much of SEO is. Didn't work on the Burg. Don't expect it to work on Logan either. 8)

Plus, I see major problems for Jackson with Logan's pass game. This is supposed to be a close game. Once it starts , that may be in doubt.
So much for Jackson being slow. The Ironman sure didn't look slow against Wellston. And they looked quick tonight too. Slow would be the way to describe a running back that is said to run wild but only manages to find the end zone once. Slow would be a way to describe someone who thinks that because kids come from a certain area they aren't as good as the rest of the state. Or maybe the word I am looking for is dense.......... :lol:

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:this one surprised me. congratulations redmen

Why were you surprised?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I corrected that I meant ironmen. I was surprised because the burg mopped the floor with the ironmen.
and logan has been winning some big contests. I just thought logan would win. I said congratulations to them. but if I were a bettin man, I'd have lost here.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Alex, I will take the category "Zero Credibility" for $500 please.
Paladin wrote:Watched a lot of film on Jackson over on MaxPreps and one major thing sticks out about Jackson -- SLOW, very slow. Not impressed with what I saw. Especially the game film on Warren ( those guys are awful) . Many teams up here run the same O as Jackson and they wouldn't be very good trying to run it up here. The grandson plays the Slotback and runs the Jet sweep in addition to being a major pass target so I see a lot of them and area teams doing the same things.. Jackson just simply not very impressive.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Alex, I would like the category "Biggest Bloviator" for a $1000 please.
Paladin wrote:Be my guest. Go over to MaxPreps and watch ALL the film on Jackson. Then tell me they have "speed". :roll: On film, no matter what they run, its slow. Its funny that the Warren Game that they ran the Spread O and used the Jet sweep which is a "speed" play. It is laughable. Would appear that all Jackson has been doing is trying to "muscle" people and that works with weak teams, as much of SEO is. Didn't work on the Burg. Don't expect it to work on Logan either. 8)

Plus, I see major problems for Jackson with Logan's pass game. This is supposed to be a close game. Once it starts , that may be in doubt.
Last edited by doubleplay643 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Paladin is a joke, over the hill and has delusions of grandeur. He gives the entire community of Logan a really bad reputation for being arrogant and having their noses up in the air. This is what he wants, though; for us to give him attention. He is like the little kid who constantly bothers you. If you ignore him, he eventually goes away and gets the grease from the pizza he ordered off his fingertips.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I corrected that I meant ironmen. I was surprised because the burg mopped the floor with the ironmen.
and logan has been winning some big contests. I just thought logan would win. I said congratulations to them. but if I were a bettin man, I'd have lost here.
Jackson is the real deal.... I do not believe any other Team in this area could beat Jackson this year... Burg has not had much competition this year, other than Ironton in game one, and Jackson week 5 ...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sport Fan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I corrected that I meant ironmen. I was surprised because the burg mopped the floor with the ironmen.
Jackson is the real deal.... I do not believe any other Team in this area could beat Jackson this year... Burg has not had much competition this year, other than Ironton in game one, and Jackson week 5 ...
???????? It's already happened my friend.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

[quote="Jolly P(irate)"][quote="Sport Fan"][quote="You're Tiger Bait"]I corrected that I meant ironmen. I was surprised because the burg mopped the floor with the ironmen.
and logan has been winning some big contests. I just thought logan would win. I said congratulations to them. but if I were a bettin man, I'd have lost here.[/quote]

Jackson is the real deal.... I do not believe any other Team in this area could beat Jackson this year... Burg has not had much competition this year, other than Ironton in game one, and Jackson week 5 ...[/quote]
???????? It's already happened my friend.[/quote]

Jackson is a totally different team with Sexton healthy and under center the whole game. You only play one night a year and on that night Burg was by far the better football team and may be the better team this year on any night. Great teams will do what Burg did last year and Jackson is trying to do this year after a loss learn from it and get better.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Idk if 8-2 will get Logan in. Logan won big points games with Athens, Meigs, and Teays Valley. But the schedule is bad with 3-7 Cambridge, 2-8 NY, 2-8 Shadyside, 1-9 Gallia, and 0-10 Warren. But playoffs is all luck to get in and who you line up with

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Paladin wrote:Congrats to Jackson. Big ballgame. I traveled up to the Lake to watch the grandson on the road as he ran wild and scored another TD in Cortland Lakeview's 41-13 win over Ashtabula Edgewood. Appears playoffs are in with 2 wins in last three games and thats doable.
Once again you have ran your mouth (or typed I guess) before being knowledgeable about actual facts.

Nothing too surprising for those of us forced to read your nonsensical posts. But Drew Pasteur (updated today) projects you out of play-offs at 8-2. Only 15% chance with a loss next week against DeSales.

Return to “Football”