Week 7-- Gallipolis at Minford

jottings
SEOPS H

Week 7-- Gallipolis at Minford

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis (0-6) at Minford (3-3)' Minford is scoring 25.5 ppg and giving upm 12.5. Gallipolis is avereaging13.1 and giving up 35 ppg game. This will be the first meeting between the two schools.
Minford has beaten South Point, 49-14,Oak Hill 29-15 and Northwest, 53-0. The Mighty Falcons have lost to Paint Valley 16-7, Bishop Ready 12-6 in two OTs. and Portsmout. West, 12-9 in 3 OTs.
Gallipolis has lost to Meigs, 26-12, River Valley, 27-13, Washington CH 34-13, Marietta 21-12, Pt. Pleasant 76-29 and Athens 35-0.
Thoughts.

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: Week 7-- Gallipolis at Minford

Post by vctransplant »

Minford bounces back!

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I thought Minford would really dominate West and that didnt happen. Granted the sloppy conditions but both teams played in the wet weather.

It seems as though turnovers have killed Minford the past few years. They play very good defensively but they kill themselves on long drive. The Ready game could have easily been 14-0 Minford but the turnovers haunted them.

Hopefully they put it all together this Friday night against GA. This would be a great week to gain some confidence before playing Waverly, Burg and Valley.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I got Minford getting back on track 35-14.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Minford 8
Gallipolis 7

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Look for the Falcons to get back on track in this one. Good luck to the Falcons.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

I hope my Falcons can come back in this one. I know the D-fense will do good, but, I don't know about the O-fense. I think they have the players to move the ball, but, like has been said, turnovers are killing them. Somebody needs to step up and lead this team. I keep looking for somebody to step out and take over the team, and make some big plays. Hopefully we can make some changes and get them back on track. Good Luck to my Falcons, keep your heads up and kick some butt Friday!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BushyTailButcher wrote:I hope my Falcons can come back in this one. I know the D-fense will do good, but, I don't know about the O-fense. I think they have the players to move the ball, but, like has been said, turnovers are killing them. Somebody needs to step up and lead this team. I keep looking for somebody to step out and take over the team, and make some big plays. Hopefully we can make some changes and get them back on track. Good Luck to my Falcons, keep your heads up and kick some butt Friday!!!

Minford's defense is giving up an average of 12 points a game. Very solid.

You're right, offensively they can pound the ball but just need to stop putting in on the ground. This will be a good week to get back on track.

Gallia Academy is 0-6 but they have lost to some good competition.

Meigs is 5-1, River Valley is 5-1, Marietta is 4-2 and D3...those were all games that GA held their own and were in the game.

Gallia Academy is better than their record and definitely wont be a pushover. Falcons must come to play and put it all together.

falcon80
Waterboy

Post by falcon80 »

I wouldn't rule any team out against Minford this year. Their offense is terrible and the schedule after this week isn't going to be easy. Something has to change if they want to play in week 11.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Lord have mercy, here's the bottom line. If Minford can physically hold onto and possess the football they are a pretty good team.
Last edited by NewEra on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

I agree, I don't think Gallia Academy will be a push over. They play some pretty tough teams, and will give us a good game. But win or lose, I would just like to see our Falcons play the way they can. The way they played against Northwest was the way I would like to see them play. We came out and we were hungry and wanted to win. The kids had a fire in their eyes that they haven't had since. I think if we can hang onto the ball, we will win by at least two touchdowns. But if we keep giving it away, you never know?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

All I know is, this is an absolute must win for the Falcons.

Its' gut check time and if someone doesn't step up and take charge of the offense, then they will have a tough time against Gallia.

If Gallia isn't defeated by way of a dominating fashion, then the rest of the SOCII will be licking their chops.

3-7 and dead last in the SOCII, or
7-3 and a D-V home playoff seed.

At this point, I guess it's all up to the boys on how they want it all to turn out.
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You're right Vlad....their backs are against the wall.

If they can play the way they're capable I think they can realistically go 5-5 or 6-4. Right now it is a stretch to think they win out.

Defensively its solid, offensively they need to get much better in a short amount of time to do that and we both know its hard to improve that much in mid season.

Wheelersburg, so far, looks to be the cream of the crop in Region 17. Valley is the best team right now in Region 21 so wins against those teams will be super tough. Not impossible, especially against Valley if Minford can control the clock and pound the ball at them.

At 7-3 they are hosting and at 5-5, unless other teams fall flat, they are watching. Gotta get past GA first to start that conversation.

Regardless, good luck this week against GA. Hopefully the defense stays solid and the offense gets going.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I think they could sneak in at 6-4. Just going to have to beat either Burg or Valley which they have both at home, so you never know, but one thing is for certain, we have to hold on to the dog gone football.

mountaineer
Waterboy

Post by mountaineer »

I think you guys are putting out a lot of wishful thinking. I don't know how you can be talking play-offs at all. We are really having a hard time moving the ball. And with what I have seen, if you can't score, you have a hard time winning. I think we have the players to be really good, but we just need a spark to get us started. What I mean, is we need a player to really step out and make some big plays, and get us going again. It's like they are all standing around waiting on someone else to make the big play. We have a great leader on "D" #52 is a beast, and really makes some big plays on "D". Now we need someone on "O" to take over. Hopefully this will be somebodies break out week! I will be there to see, hopefully we will have a big crowd, and give the boys some support.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

That's pretty much what I'm taking about. The great players want the ball every play because they know they will make something happen, and we need that player to step up. With the 4 games I've witnessed there have been flashes of offensive leadership. However in regards to the offensive skill positions, no one has stepped up to the plate and and carried the team on his shoulders. This is week 7, so the underclassman excuse will not cut it anymore. I'm interested to see who this will be.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Looks like another rainy Friday.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Updated forecast says rain should move out of the area by kickoff. Still a wet field though.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Time for a big upset go big blue you can do it

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Good win by Minford. they have a pretty nice team Gallia not very good this year. Minford boy was robbed on pick 6 as a great block was ruled block in back. the kick out of bounce was really close but from filming in press box looked like right call to me. But that was the worst officiated game I have scene all year. Way to many calls made by refs 30 yards away with bad angels. when a ref 5 yards away with great angle no call. Also unsportsmanlike like penalties from at least that far away that weren't even there. but none of that had a effect on outcome of game.

Return to “Football”