Week 7 - Oak Hill @ Northwest

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Week 7 - Oak Hill @ Northwest

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Key SOC-I match-up on the road to the Gold Football! Should be a great game Friday night in McDermott!

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Re: Week 7 - Oak Hill @ Northwest

Post by Senatorz10 »

Northwest has been playing pretty well as of lately. Im going with the Mohawks over the Oaks 42-28.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

If the Mohawks play like they did agaisnt East I look for them to win this one. Good luck to the Mohawks.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Winner of this game wins SOC. I'll take NW at home, very close game.

Panther72
Waterboy

Post by Panther72 »

I like the Mohawks in this one. Their will be a huge crowd for this game, i hope the mohawks don't disappoint. The community is hungry for another SOC trophy.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

This could be a big win for Northwest two reason if they win they could jump Minford in the points and a win will go along way in them winning their conference ......

Panther72
Waterboy

Post by Panther72 »

If the Mohawks could some how finish 8-2 and make the playoffs it would be an unreal boost for the football program and the community. They are building a strong program right now and with the switch in the SOC they could be a potential playoff team each year. The junior high team is undefeated to this point and all the other grades are really solid. The talent is there they just have to have a winning attitude and the community have to back them up 100%. I heard that Northwest is dropping Minford from the schedule after this year and picking up Valley. That would be a great decision in my opinion Valley looks to really fade after this championship season.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Lucky777 wrote:If the Mohawks could some how finish 8-2 and make the playoffs it would be an unreal boost for the football program and the community. They are building a strong program right now and with the switch in the SOC they could be a potential playoff team each year. The junior high team is undefeated to this point and all the other grades are really solid. The talent is there they just have to have a winning attitude and the community have to back them up 100%. I heard that Northwest is dropping Minford from the schedule after this year and picking up Valley. That would be a great decision in my opinion Valley looks to really fade after this championship season.
So is Northwest improving or just dodging any and all competition? They lost 53 to nothing against an average Minford team. They win against teams that couldn't beat decent team's JV'S. Exactly how does getting humiliated in the playoffs after not deserving to be there in the first place help a program?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucky777 wrote:If the Mohawks could some how finish 8-2 and make the playoffs it would be an unreal boost for the football program and the community. They are building a strong program right now and with the switch in the SOC they could be a potential playoff team each year. The junior high team is undefeated to this point and all the other grades are really solid. The talent is there they just have to have a winning attitude and the community have to back them up 100%. I heard that Northwest is dropping Minford from the schedule after this year and picking up Valley. That would be a great decision in my opinion Valley looks to really fade after this championship season.
Valley is not going to "fade"....

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

8-2 for NW is not deserving of a playoff spot. 8 wins agains schools 1 and 2 divisions lower. And 2 losses to teams in same division. At least they'll get a gold football. Playing against teams that dress less kids than they have seniors

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I don't want to pile on a program, but this is one major issue I have with the computer points system. Northwest plays 2 D5, 2 D6, and 5 D7 teams, lost to Minford by 53 and are just a few percentage points behind them in playoff points. This says why schedule up if you want to make the playoffs? Now winning in the playoffs is another point.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but the best case scenario for the Mohawks is to finish strong on a good year, win the SOC I and narrowly miss the playoffs. If they make it in they will get the crap kicked out of them.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

One week at a time, one game at a time. The current play-off points system "is what it is". Making the play-offs is still a long shot at best for the Mohawks. Having said that, if they were to somehow get in, it would be a huge boost for the program (if they just missed getting in would be a boost).......even if they have to travel 100 miles and get thumped. Better to have played in week 11 and lose big, than to not have played at all! Would be a great experience for the younger kids as well! Again, one week at a time and this week it is Oak Hill!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Even if Northwest does finish 8-2. More than likely they still miss the playoffs unless a lot of things happen and a few teams in front of them lose. If they do sneak into that #8 spot, they will be rewarded with playing THE Burg. What a prize. That would be some beating. But it would end a long streak of never making the playoffs. According to Drew Pasteur, the Mohawks have a 6% chance of getting in the playoffs the way it stands right now.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:One week at a time, one game at a time. The current play-off points system "is what it is". Making the play-offs is still a long shot at best for the Mohawks. Having said that, if they were to somehow get in, it would be a huge boost for the program (if they just missed getting in would be a boost).......even if they have to travel 100 miles and get thumped. Better to have played in week 11 and lose big, than to not have played at all! Would be a great experience for the younger kids as well! Again, one week at a time and this week it is Oak Hill!
Yeah this whole drop back and play teams like Notre Dame and Green is such a great example for the kids of Northwest. Just tell them, well you can't compete with anyone your own size so let's just go beat up on the little guys and say much we are improving.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Westfan wrote:
Kenraken Ahta wrote:One week at a time, one game at a time. The current play-off points system "is what it is". Making the play-offs is still a long shot at best for the Mohawks. Having said that, if they were to somehow get in, it would be a huge boost for the program (if they just missed getting in would be a boost).......even if they have to travel 100 miles and get thumped. Better to have played in week 11 and lose big, than to not have played at all! Would be a great experience for the younger kids as well! Again, one week at a time and this week it is Oak Hill!
Yeah this whole drop back and play teams like Notre Dame and Green is such a great example for the kids of Northwest. Just tell them, well you can't compete with anyone your own size so let's just go beat up on the little guys and say much we are improving.
If they sneak into the playoffs, they will get to play someone their size. More than likely Wheelersburg. How good will that game be?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

And for that matter. What the heck is oak hill doing in that SOC?? They've won it 6 out of the last 7 years I believe.

Panther72
Waterboy

Post by Panther72 »

Does anyone have the enrollment #s of Northwest compared to the other schools in the county. I bet Oak Hill is just as big if not bigger. Maybe Oak hill and West could switch since West gets beat weekly now. It just gets old, people dogging Northwest like they have 90 kids on the team and no one plays both ways, like they are a team out of Columbus. It is a poor community and they only have like 40 kids on the team so the comments that they have more seniors than most teams in their SOC is just a stupid comment. And I agree It would be alot better getting stomped by Wheelersburg than sitting home on week 11. Don't be haters cheer these kids on, it is nice to see them winning who cares who they play

Panther72
Waterboy

Post by Panther72 »

Valleys Jr. high has been outscored like 140 to 6 in the last 3 years by Northwest if that tells you anything about Valleys bright future.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

SOC Enrollment Numbers

Waverly 217
West 184
Minford 175
Northwest 157
Oak Hill 152
Wheelersburg 147
Valley 128