Week 7 - Oak Hill @ Northwest

Mailman
All Conference

Re: Week 7 - Oak Hill @ Northwest

Post by Mailman »

I do cheer them on. My beef is with the idiots that let this happen. I think both schools should move back up. But at least one needs to. With addition of Eastern Pike there are now 7 teams in SOC 1 and 5 in SOC 2

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mailman wrote:I do cheer them on. My beef is with the idiots that let this happen. I think both schools should move back up. But at least one needs to. With addition of Eastern Pike there are now 7 teams in SOC 1 and 5 in SOC 2
Oak Hill makes more sense to move up to the big boy league. Northwest cant compete and are better off where they are now. I think if the SOC powers pressured Oak Hill to move up, they would run for the SVC in a hurry.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Lucky777 wrote:Does anyone have the enrollment #s of Northwest compared to the other schools in the county. I bet Oak Hill is just as big if not bigger. Maybe Oak hill and West could switch since West gets beat weekly now. It just gets old, people dogging Northwest like they have 90 kids on the team and no one plays both ways, like they are a team out of Columbus. It is a poor community and they only have like 40 kids on the team so the comments that they have more seniors than most teams in their SOC is just a stupid comment. And I agree It would be alot better getting stomped by Wheelersburg than sitting home on week 11. Don't be haters cheer these kids on, it is nice to see them winning who cares who they play
People aren't picking on Northwest because their bad at football. It's the way this was done. Don't penalize the small schools and make them play teams with over 100 more boys because they can't cut it against schools their own size. And your right, Oak Hill should be lumped in the same conversation.

Northwest making the playoffs would be making a total mockery of the playoff system.

As far as West, they are down this year but they just beat the team that stomped Northwest 53-0.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

[quote="Lucky777"]Does anyone have the enrollment #s of Northwest compared to the other schools in the county. I bet Oak Hill is just as big if not bigger. Maybe Oak hill and West could switch since West gets beat weekly now. It just gets old, people dogging Northwest like they have 90 kids on the team and no one plays both ways, like they are a team out of Columbus. It is a poor community and they only have like 40 kids on the team so the comments that they have more seniors than most teams in their SOC is just a stupid comment. And I agree It would be alot better getting stomped by Wheelersburg than sitting home on week 11. Don't be haters cheer these kids on, it is nice to see them winning who cares who they play[/quote

You better be glad West is not in the soc2 baby brothers league. Believe me West would beat Northwest to death. I have watched NW 3 times this year. To me it is absolute embarrassing that NW is in soc1. The Jr high is not undefeated, they are as a combined 7 and 8 grade team. The 7th grade team has lost. The 6th grade team is undefeated and really good the 5th grade is solid the 4th grade is undefeated in the league but was showed in a scrimmage agaisnt West that they need to work on some things, the 3rd grade is also solid. There is a totally different mind set now than there was a few years ago. There is still a long way to go. The main problem at NW is most of the high school kids play football from Aug to oct. West, Valley, Minford and Burg works on football year around. Football games are won in the weight room.
The teams mentioned above has more kids in th weight room in one day than the Mohawks will have in a week. Not until the Mohawks put the time in and work as hard as the 4 mention above will they ever be able to compete on a yearly basis. Sorry but that in the truth.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

[quote="Lucky777"]Does anyone have the enrollment #s of Northwest compared to the other schools in the county. I bet Oak Hill is just as big if not bigger. Maybe Oak hill and West could switch since West gets beat weekly now. It just gets old, people dogging Northwest like they have 90 kids on the team and no one plays both ways, like they are a team out of Columbus. It is a poor community and they only have like 40 kids on the team so the comments that they have more seniors than most teams in their SOC is just a stupid comment. And I agree It would be alot better getting stomped by Wheelersburg than sitting home on week 11. Don't be haters cheer these kids on, it is nice to see them winning who cares who they play[/quote

You better be glad West is not in the soc2 baby brothers league. Believe me West would beat Northwest to death. I have watched NW 3 times this year. To me it is absolute embarrassing that NW is in soc1. The Jr high is not undefeated, they are as a combined 7 and 8 grade team. The 7th grade team has lost. The 6th grade team is undefeated and really good the 5th grade is solid the 4th grade is undefeated in the league but was showed in a scrimmage agaisnt West that they need to work on some things, the 3rd grade is also solid. There is a totally different mind set now than there was a few years ago. There is still a long way to go. The main problem at NW is most of the high school kids play football from Aug to oct. West, Valley, Minford and Burg works on football year around. Football games are won in the weight room.
The teams mentioned above has more kids in th weight room in one day than the Mohawks will have in a week. Not until the Mohawks put the time in and work as hard as the 4 mention above will they ever be able to compete on a yearly basis. Sorry but that in the truth.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Sorry for the double post and th sentences all running together. I was in a big hurry.
Lucky777s as for being a poor community the last time I looked the average household income was 7 thousand dollars more in the Northwest school district than it was in the West school district.
I also know the hatred Northwest has for West. They teach there kids to hate West which is truly commical. Don't know why Northwest is so jealous of West.
There is a group of people that is trying to make alot of good changes at Northwest and I applaud them for that.
There is alot of kids that are working hard and trying to become winners.

Panther72
Waterboy

Post by Panther72 »

Not sure about people raising their kids to hate West, I think West has built that attitude in the years past. Going around the county you don't hear alot of good words about west. I will give them credit though, over the past 3 years they really look like a different program. They use to carry theirselves as overly cocky and questionably dirty and thats why they got a bad rep. We all should root for each other and wish all the county teams the best. I would love to see West beat Valley !!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucky777 wrote:Valleys Jr. high has been outscored like 140 to 6 in the last 3 years by Northwest if that tells you anything about Valleys bright future.
Well, your credibility is gone... :lol: :lol:

Valley has never really been good in Jr High, but if that's what you want to base your opinion on.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I don'tthink people know how Valley develops their players...It's hard to sustain the level of players Valley has enjoyed the past few years without eventually having a drop off, especially for a school of its size. Personally, I feel the loss of Scott Rolfe at the end of the season is more devastating to this program than the loss of this tremendous class. Hopefully, Valley can bring someone in as capable as him. IMO...

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

:roll: How does Valley show up in every thread. This game has nothing to do with Valley

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

In todays high school sports environment enrollment size is less of indicator on how good a team will be or not. Open enrollment, recruiting, changed the playing field. How many schools in the SOC2 have their own homegrown athletes playing for them and how many have athletes from other districts?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:I don'tthink people know how Valley develops their players...It's hard to sustain the level of players Valley has enjoyed the past few years without eventually having a drop off, especially for a school of its size. Personally, I feel the loss of Scott Rolfe at the end of the season is more devastating to this program than the loss of this tremendous class. Hopefully, Valley can bring someone in as capable as him. IMO...
Valley has a good program. And that is true about Rolfe. Rolfe being the basketball coach and basically a co-head football coach has benefited them greatly. Alot of schools have friction between football and basketball. They don't want players to workout for football during basketball season. Eventually good athletes pick one or the other instead of both. Seems most of the better athletes have excelled at both the last few years at Valley.

Administration means a lot. West's entire athletic department is improving because we now have administration and school board support that is pro for a good sports program. They like sports and they understand how successful sports programs help a school system. That wasn't the case for many many years at West.

As far as Valley. They have excellent coaching, but they will drop off greatly after this year. It's the sine wave.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

nutronron2012 wrote::roll: How does Valley show up in every thread. This game has nothing to do with Valley

They must be doin' something right over in Lucasville.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

Lucky777 wrote:If the Mohawks could some how finish 8-2 and make the playoffs it would be an unreal boost for the football program and the community. They are building a strong program right now and with the switch in the SOC they could be a potential playoff team each year. The junior high team is undefeated to this point and all the other grades are really solid. The talent is there they just have to have a winning attitude and the community have to back them up 100%. I heard that Northwest is dropping Minford from the schedule after this year and picking up Valley. That would be a great decision in my opinion Valley looks to really fade after this championship season.

Ahhh... Playoffs? Don't talk about Playoffs? You kidding me!?? Playoffs!?

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

I know it is a bit off the subject, but does anyone remember the final score of that State Championship Game West played in years ago?

Back on the subject. I think Oak Hill is better than their record indicates and if NW does not play four solid quarters of football tomorrow night, folks will have to find something other than the Mohawks play-off chances to talk about! May the best team win and there be no injuries!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:I know it is a bit off the subject, but does anyone remember the final score of that State Championship Game West played in years ago?

Back on the subject. I think Oak Hill is better than their record indicates and if NW does not play four solid quarters of football tomorrow night, folks will have to find something other than the Mohawks play-off chances to talk about! May the best team win and there be no injuries!
45-13 in a loss to Kenton in 2002

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Kenraken Ahta wrote:I know it is a bit off the subject, but does anyone remember the final score of that State Championship Game West played in years ago?

Yeah Ahta. State Championship Game. Not exactly a great comparison to a first round massacre. But hey their is the mercy rule to help you.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Westfan wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:

Yeah Ahta. State Championship Game. Not exactly a great comparison to a first round massacre. But hey their is the mercy rule to help you.
:aaaaa24

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

nutronron2012 wrote:

Thanks nutroron2012! I could not even remember the team they played! Old age will do that to you. I do recall how the folks from Southern Ohio supported the Senator's run through the play-offs and the title game. A State Title would have been great for the folks in West Portsmouth and the entire Southern Ohio community! I'm sure the kids that played in that game are still to this day proud to have been there!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:

Thanks nutroron2012! I could not even remember the team they played! Old age will do that to you. I do recall how the folks from Southern Ohio supported the Senator's run through the play-offs and the title game. A State Title would have been great for the folks in West Portsmouth and the entire Southern Ohio community! I'm sure the kids that played in that game are still to this day proud to have been there!
I have no problem with Northwest or the people of McDermott. And I don't blame Northwest for wanting out of the SOC II. If they went independent and these other Soc I schools wanted to play them non-conference its on them. But Northwest and Oak Hill being put in a league with these small schools is wrong. Really there are other teams being cheated out of an opportunity to play for a Gold Football. It's the same reason Jackson was denied overwhelmingly when they applied for the SOC II. Yeah there are teams that can compete, but over time numbers win out and a school that's consistently 2 to 3 Divisions bigger has a definite advantage. That's why we have 7 divisions.

Playoffs. If Northwest earned a bid I would be there supporting them as would most of the Westside. But getting in the playoffs like that and not earning it is not right.

Return to “Football”