Re: Fort Frye upsets Caldwell 15-9 to win PVC

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea because 63 bear hugged the end to get the edge

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Salty
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tornado-frenzy 11
Waterboy

Post by tornado-frenzy 11 »

Clark runs for 2 yards on that qb sneak and another ref comes in and spots the ball for a half yard loss

RvFan02
Waterboy

Re: Week 8 Caldwell (7-0) @ Fort Frye (7-0) PVC Championship

Post by RvFan02 »

enigmaax wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:Anyone who honestly can say the refs didn't give it to fort Frye you're lying to yourself. Caldwell drove the ball at will and miraculously a flag appears in the redzone every time.Caldwell probably had 5 holding penalties all year and had over 10 tonight. Nothing fishy there. :lol:
Wait, so if someone honestly says something, it's a lie? That doesn't even make sense. And, it is just sour grapes. Both teams had a lot of penalties, but no TDs were called back. If Caldwell makes it on 4th and 1 from the 8 while up 3-0 in the 4th, game is likely over. If Caldwell doesn't drop the last pass of the game, good chance they win. If Caldwell doesn't fumble in the redzone early in the game, could've probably changed the game. If Caldwell doesn't fumble on 3rd down with 2.5 minutes left and a lead, they probably salt the game away (FF had no TOs). So, NOPE, the refs didn't give FF anything.
I am inclined to agree with you. Caldwell did not capitalize when they needed to. I was frustrated with several of the calls, but that is the way it goes. There was a touchdown called back in first half I believe. Clark crossed goal line and td was signaled. Then ref throws flag for holding in backfield. Only two players around the area, play was over. Also first time i have ever seen a holding call when a pile of players are surrounding the ball. Of course, was in the redzone and woukd have been a first down.

efarns
S

Re: Week 8 Caldwell (7-0) @ Fort Frye (7-0) PVC Championship

Post by efarns »

enigmaax wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:Anyone who honestly can say the refs didn't give it to fort Frye you're lying to yourself. Caldwell drove the ball at will and miraculously a flag appears in the redzone every time.Caldwell probably had 5 holding penalties all year and had over 10 tonight. Nothing fishy there. :lol:
Wait, so if someone honestly says something, it's a lie? That doesn't even make sense. And, it is just sour grapes. Both teams had a lot of penalties, but no TDs were called back. If Caldwell makes it on 4th and 1 from the 8 while up 3-0 in the 4th, game is likely over. If Caldwell doesn't drop the last pass of the game, good chance they win. If Caldwell doesn't fumble in the redzone early in the game, could've probably changed the game. If Caldwell doesn't fumble on 3rd down with 2.5 minutes left and a lead, they probably salt the game away (FF had no TOs). So, NOPE, the refs didn't give FF anything.
Of course. We all know it is sour grapes. I don't know how good or bad the refs are in SE Ohio, but they will
l always be the favorite excuse of fans in SE Ohio. At least PVC Man's lockdown excuse had creativity going for it.u

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Despite the refs, Caldwell had their chances. I mean I do find it weird that the refs, when asked who the penalties were on, wouldn't give numbers. Even so, Caldwell still had their chances. Don't fumble with the lead, wrap up on the last TD pass, make the play at the end of the game, they had several chances and didn't convert. Props to Fort Frye on the hard fought game and the win. Give credit where credit is due.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

J_Manziel2 wrote:Clark runs for 2 yards on that qb sneak and another ref comes in and spots the ball for a half yard loss
You are correct that there was a score called back. My bad on that. Doesn't change the fact that you are whiny and doing a disservice to players involved on both teams.

It was also hilarious to hear Caldwell folks yelling about that spot. The kid was stopped for 10 minutes behind the line of scrimmage, he was nowhere close to a first down and it was spotted appropriately. But I know, it is just easier to blame officials for every failed play. It sounds STUPID.

Tvc 2012
Waterboy

Post by Tvc 2012 »

I was sitting directly across from the play in question. The kid went down on both knees then went to his feet again for the "scrum". In high school football you go to your knee guess what? Your down! If your best offense is a rugby type "scrum" run then don't be surprised with a high number of holding calls. Truthfully there could have (and should have been) a lot more holding calls. Caldwell was outplayed, out coached, and out willed. Again one of the best high school games I've watched.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Just got home from this one and before I start my game report, I thought I add a little to this topic.

Both teams were flagged a lot and both teams seem to get flagged when making big plays.

As a neutral fan I did not see where the refs favored one team over the other.

I think the main reason FT FRYE won this one was, they either knew going in or recognized that #9 was going to run the ball a lot, especially at big parts of the game. I think this allowed their defense to worry a lot less on the other players on offense for Caldwell.

Another reason, at least in this one Ft. Frye was much more diverse on offense.

Congrats to Ft. Frye on the huge win.
I enjoyed my trip to your house.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Clark was down they blew the whistle and then Clark dove after the whistle was blown.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Clark ran 35 times for 226.

RvFan02
Waterboy

Post by RvFan02 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Just got home from this one and before I start my game report, I thought I add a little to this topic.

Both teams were flagged a lot and both teams seem to get flagged when making big plays.

As a neutral fan I did not see where the refs favored one team over the other.

I think the main reason FT FRYE won this one was, they either knew going in or recognized that #9 was going to run the ball a lot, especially at big parts of the game. I think this allowed their defense to worry a lot less on the other players on offense for Caldwell.

Another reason, at least in this one Ft. Frye was much more diverse on offense.

Congrats to Ft. Frye on the huge win.
I enjoyed my trip to your house.
I have said many times this year that the thing that will stop Caldwell is the play calling.....it killed them last night. About the only thing our OC knows is run Clark. He is very talented, but always keyed on. Ivey is a bull, hardly touched the ball in second half.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I was watching Clark warm up and he seems to throw a nice ball. He also appeared to have some nice weapons. I was a little lost as to why the passing game was not utilized more by the Redskins. Is this the norm? I think that could hurt them in the playoffs. Not so much in the first round but later on.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I was watching Clark warm up and he seems to throw a nice ball. He also appeared to have some nice weapons. I was a little lost as to why the passing game was not utilized more by the Redskins. Is this the norm? I think that could hurt them in the playoffs. Not so much in the first round but later on.
Good question. A little limited on play calling due to all state running back bricker Lori being out but Caldwell needed to pass more.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Won't say anything about the penalties that severely affected the outcome of the game due to both teams playing their hearts out and don't want to overshadow it but it made a huge impact on the game. Good effort by both teams. Caldwell needs to play better and certainly will if it wants to do any damage in the playoffs.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Black Mamba 24 wrote:Won't say anything about the penalties that severely affected the outcome of the game due to both teams playing their hearts out and don't want to overshadow it but it made a huge impact on the game. Good effort by both teams. Caldwell needs to play better and certainly will if it wants to do any damage in the playoffs.
"Won't say it, but I just said it." It was pretty simple; if you don'the want a holding penalty to bring the play back, don't hold.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Exactly big 63 was trying to get the edge for Skins and the Cadets DL were just faster so he had to like wrap them up. If he just got his hands inside he would of been fine. Good luck to Caldwell I hope they bring home a regional and represent the PVC well.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

How well did Anthony Winters play last night? In my opinion he was an animal he was all over the ball!

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Players not used to playing that level of competition were taking shortcuts. It was a good learning experience for everyone involved. They have two weeks to work on the weaknesses this game exposed.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I was watching Clark warm up and he seems to throw a nice ball. He also appeared to have some nice weapons. I was a little lost as to why the passing game was not utilized more by the Redskins. Is this the norm? I think that could hurt them in the playoffs. Not so much in the first round but later on.
Play calling has always been questioned by some. I'm no coach, so this is just my opinion, but they do seem to be a little too conservative and lean on one or two players too much. Especially with Lori out, they almost rely completely on Clark. Other players need to be involved to keep defenses honest, imo.

Return to “Football”