Fort Frye upsets Caldwell 15-9 to win PVC

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Re: Fort Frye upsets Caldwell 15-9 to win PVC

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

As for the game, it was a good one to watch. Congrats to Fort Frye, will be rooting for you guys in the playoffs to represent the PVC well. In a way, this could have a positive effect on the Redskins. Don't get me wrong, nobody really wants to lose a game, and a PVC title would have been great. But, they could use this as a wake up call. Haven't been tested much until last night, and with the playoffs looming, they need to use this loss as motivation to light a fire under them and improve in all aspects, because the opponents are only going to get tougher as the season goes on. No more of the "can't be beat" mentality, because if you don't bring it every night, then things like last night can happen. Looking forward to see what kind of improvement the Redskins make.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

JakeFromStateFarm wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:I was watching Clark warm up and he seems to throw a nice ball. He also appeared to have some nice weapons. I was a little lost as to why the passing game was not utilized more by the Redskins. Is this the norm? I think that could hurt them in the playoffs. Not so much in the first round but later on.
Play calling has always been questioned by some. I'm no coach, so this is just my opinion, but they do seem to be a little too conservative and lean on one or two players too much. Especially with Lori out, they almost rely completely on Clark. Other players need to be involved to keep defenses honest, imo.
I think it was the drive where they ultimately got stopped on 4th and 1, we were trying to recall if anyone touched the ball other than the center and the QB. I want to say literally 10-12 (maybe more?) plays in a row, they ran the QB. Seemed to be called plays, not reads or scrambles. It was certainly perplexing for a team that seemed to have a few would-be playmakers.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ivey did not get enough touches and it seemed all other ball carriers were gaining yards. Fort wanted Clark to throw. Caldwell running game is legit. Fort Frye was the quicker team imo.

Return to “Football”