Week 8: Rock Hill (4-2, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-4, 3-0)

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Re: Week 8: Rock Hill (4-2, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-4, 3-0)

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

In my opinion, it has been more than a few bad years.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

what is going on with paladeno (sp)?? he hasn't played since the burg game??

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Grove4Life wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:
WarDaddy wrote:Is the city of Ironton prepping in case the Fighting Tigers lose this game? I know it's a very very small chance, but shouldn't the flood wall gates be in working order? Doctors on stand by?

Will the city taxes be raised to cover the heartache?

Lot's of pressure for the Fighting Tigers..... You win, and you're expected too. Lose and .... well...... it's.... well.... Too painful to even think about.
This is a win-win game for the Tigers even if we lose we win. If we win great if we lose even better. See if we lose that will be Rock bottom for us. If we lose and hit bottom I see a whole new regime coming in. Heads will roll top to bottom from the get back coach all the way up to the superintendent. Everybody should go if we lose, which we wont.
Fire the superintendent over a bad year in football? This is why Ironton is in the shape it's in, priorities are in the wrong place.
Well said Grove4 Life.
Are you guys kidding me??
Fire the superintendent because your football team is down? Lmao. Please tell me most fans in Ironton haven't resorted to this belief. If your Superintendent is to blame for lack of education or teacher misconduct or other things a superintendent can control, then ok... But come on man!! You can't be serious. Any single Ironton fan that thinks this should be thinking about what the priority is there. I realize it's tough in Tigertown right now. But I got news for ya. It's bigger than your coffee shop die hards. It's bigger than your 40 years of dominance. Bigger than (dare I say it) Bob Lutz. Rural areas are catching (and in many cases have caught and passed) city schools in most every sport. Get used to some bad years here and there. And get used to coal grove and maybe Chesapeake giving you fits for a long time. Probably longer than 40 years. I don't wish bad things on Ironton. I've been to many games myself and was pulling for them. But.... Take a look from within. Hell, take a look at your posters on here even. How many of you Ironton posters still even live in the city limits?? I'm sure some do... But my guess is a good bit of you went on to bigger and better things and got some land and high tailed it out of Ironton.
So when you want to know what and why... You can blame the city structure, the economy, the old money leaving and maybe simple demographics. But you can't blame a superintendent.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

All that for the Super must be on the staff I do agree with some of what you said but it is time for change

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

OSU 77 wrote:All that for the Super must be on the staff I do agree with some of what you said but it is time for change
I'll SECOND THAT!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

football program needs diversity, look no further than teams like burg, raceland , etc etc multiple formations , a run /pass attack. its obvious someone down there knows how to run a defense cause this team can actually play defense and there pretty good at it. I think you will see some changes after this year, who knows what but something will be done!!

as for this game something is up with rh for sure to go from a week 1 loss of 26-0 to beating a peake team by 7 just don't make sense!! as for our tigers if we can get up on anyone by 14 to 21 pts I just don't see anyone rallying to beat them cause the defense will become lethal!! the scary part is games like cg to just let teams hang around , and continue to hang around something bad will end up happening if this continues !

finish the drive tigers!!
35-17 tigers rolling here

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Giving up 17 points per game, with one of those games being against fairland who doesn't even average a touchdown a game, is not lethal.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's an awesome post pmow

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mrs. bait is off Friday. and me n one of my boys are going together. an ole bait will be 55 tomorrow. so a win would be a cool birthday present.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:Giving up 17 points per game, with one of those games being against fairland who doesn't even average a touchdown a game, is not lethal.
I don't think fairland scored!!! if your talking about the Portsmouth game there was 2 big pass plays of 53, and 74 yds!! that's what I hope ironton has worked on all week (pass defense) and finishing drives on offense!!

rh knows running will be limited!!

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Is this the same staff down at Rock Hill? I recall topic after topic of people calling for change in Pedro. Congratulations to the Rock Hill kids and Coach Knipp for persevering!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
wobycat wrote:Giving up 17 points per game, with one of those games being against fairland who doesn't even average a touchdown a game, is not lethal.
I don't think fairland scored!!! if your talking about the Portsmouth game there was 2 big pass plays of 53, and 74 yds!! that's what I hope ironton has worked on all week (pass defense) and finishing drives on offense!!

Exactly fairland hasn't scored on anyone unless it's late in the fourth. The ironton defense is good but lethal they are not. Rock hill must pass at least 10 times this game to keep young out of the box.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

OSU 77 wrote:All that for the Super must be on the staff I do agree with some of what you said but it is time for change

I couldn't tell you the first person's name that works in the Ironton School District. And I don't care if you want to change the coach out because you have issues with him. I also don't care if you want to change out your Super. I just don't get how you can want to fire a superintendent over a football team's results? If you think that makes sense, by all means, run with it. :roll:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

Exactly fairland hasn't scored on anyone unless it's late in the fourth. The ironton defense is good but lethal they are not. Rock hill must pass at least 10 times this game to keep young out of the box.
if rh only has 10 pass attempts it will be a very long night for the redmen!!

good , lethal whatever word fits the description!! my point was a 14-21 point lead and tiger defense= LIGHTS OUT

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Rock hill will move the ball on the ground. They have a pretty decent running back. Maybe one of the best ovc outside of Palladino. They will just need to pass at the right time to keep the ironton staff from run blitzing a lot.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If Ironton can keep their lanes and fill holes on defense they will stop Rock Hills running game. When Rock Hill passes they don't protect very well and they throw INTs when pressured.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

pmow3 wrote:

I couldn't tell you the first person's name that works in the Ironton School District. And I don't care if you want to change the coach out because you have issues with him. I also don't care if you want to change out your Super. I just don't get how you can want to fire a superintendent over a football team's results? If you think that makes sense, by all means, run with it. :roll:
Hard times have fallen in Ironton. The Super isn't safe when the football team struggles. :roll:

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

eddie wrote:what is going on with paladeno (sp)?? he hasn't played since the burg game??
He played in the Ashland game . I heard he quit but who knows. If he hurt his back he needs to not come back until it heals. Back and head injuries are not one to take lightly.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:If Ironton can keep their lanes and fill holes on defense they will stop Rock Hills running game. When Rock Hill passes they don't protect very well and they throw INTs when pressured.
hey , hey cannon u may be onto something with this 30pt thing LOL

tigers will shut down this running game ,just like they did cg running game

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Palladino wears jersey & stands on sidelines . If he quit or wasn't in the team anymore, he woukdnt be standing there, so we will see fridatly!
Every iheartradio broadcast coach Vass says he's still out EVERYTIME he is asked by the interview crew. They ask about 'Dino specifically every week & get the same answer from Vass

Rumors we've heard:
Quit.
Plays when he wants to play.
Hurt his back.
Doesn't want to play in big games.
Comes to practice late & leaves early.
Is being saved for final ovc games.

He was back of the year last year in SE Ohio.
Comes back this year & struggles in the games he's in.

It's time for us all to move on from the good times he provided &
fill his spot with more of those good sized young BACK's, eager to play.
The tigers have been practicing hard & are ready for RHHS offensive weapons. They changed to the hurried up offense for a bit last week, thats been practiced all week. Along with some other new looks. The running plays are muscle memory now.
This is a coach that wants to stay & he's doing all he can with what he's got to do so.
Stay healthy.

Return to “Football”