SEOPS Hippo

Re: Gridiron Glory

Post by Ironman92 »

I've had Dish for 9 years....have always had WOUB before

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Direct tv doesn't have it either.ive been just watching it on you tube.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Its a joke of a show anyway. When Joe Burrow is not Gridiron glory player of the year yet he is MR Football in the entire state that my friends is enough to be taken off any satellite provider.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A. wrote:Its a joke of a show anyway. When Joe Burrow is not Gridiron glory player of the year yet he is MR Football in the entire state that my friends is enough to be taken off any satellite provider.
hahaha I tease him about that every time I seen him ... "You're not that good Burrow, you can't dunk anymore and you weren't even GG player of the year! Ever!"

:mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

G.W.A. wrote:Its a joke of a show anyway. When Joe Burrow is not Gridiron glory player of the year yet he is MR Football in the entire state that my friends is enough to be taken off any satellite provider.
we have the same thing with Patrick Angle in the 2009-2010 season. it is a joke. imo they need to make it an hour show and cover less teams. stay in the area of your viewing audience. ppl in amanda ans zaneville are not watching the show weekly, the immediate area is.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote:
we have the same thing with Patrick Angle in the 2009-2010 season. it is a joke. imo they need to make it an hour show and cover less teams. stay in the area of your viewing audience. ppl in amanda ans zaneville are not watching the show weekly, the immediate area is.
I agree.. it should be 1 hour long so the people don't have to talk so fast. They get going so fast at time they forget what to say. It is coming from Athens so stick to the area. I say take a game of the week to these leagues...OVC, SOC, SVC, TVC and SEOAL. At times this year they are reporting on a game and you are setting there listening to nothing. It was a joke with Burrows and Angle.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:
I agree.. it should be 1 hour long so the people don't have to talk so fast. They get going so fast at time they forget what to say. It is coming from Athens so stick to the area. I say take a game of the week to these leagues...OVC, SOC, SVC, TVC and SEOAL. At times this year they are reporting on a game and you are setting there listening to nothing. It was a joke with Burrows and Angle.
Agree with all the above.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I remember they said a kid from Jackson won it and I never heard of him but I like the show. It's a lot better than it used to be. It's all we got for area coverage and I think they do a decent job

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

raider you are right. the kids do a nice job but, either lessen the coverage and/or make the show an hour long.... i dont know what all that would entail, making it longer but...... what other block buster show could there be on PBS...... imo, shrink the coverage and make it an hour show. and hell show replays late at night or early in the mornings throughout the week....

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

1987chieftains wrote:raider you are right. the kids do a nice job but, either lessen the coverage and/or make the show an hour long.... i dont know what all that would entail, making it longer but...... what other block buster show could there be on PBS...... imo, shrink the coverage and make it an hour show. and hell show replays late at night or early in the mornings throughout the week....
I agree. Just show TVC SEOAL and that would be enough if they slowed down and talked about the games and actually had the correct game report with the correct footage.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

That is very true GWA. I know I read this earlier. They talk so freaking fast they mess up what they are saying. The Kids are doing the best they can but they are trying to get so much in in 30 sec. Its crazy.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

This year they started covering Amanda and some other MSL teams out of the blue,don't know what prompted that.I do like the show however,its nice to see some highlights of your team if your not lucky enough to have a town show enough interest to provide TV coverage for the kids, like Logan now.I wish they would start doing full games,like a game of the week.Like somebody else said what else could PBS/WOUB show to keep people glued in that time of night,the Charlie Rose Show?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The show is a good idea, and for the most part they do an o.k. job. But my biggest problem with GG and Hardwood Heroes is their mentality. They think they are ESPN - or are trying to be like an Adam Scheffter - and go out of their way to report NEGATIVE news when something happens. A few Friday's ago they reported that Noah Andrews was no longer with the Nelsonville-York team because of disciplinary reasons - and the report was totally false. I don't even know where that info came from. 1. You don't report that kind of stuff about a high school kid even if it was true. 2. if you are going to, then you sure as hell have better spoken with an administrator, the kid or the kids parents!

And this is the not the first time GG has made that mistake, it has happened numerous times - this instance is just the latest.

There seems to be no sense of responsibility or adult supervision overseeing this show - it's basically kids covering kids.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:The show is a good idea, and for the most part they do an o.k. job. But my biggest problem with GG and Hardwood Heroes is their mentality. They think they are ESPN - or are trying to be like an Adam Scheffter - and go out of their way to report NEGATIVE news when something happens. A few Friday's ago they reported that Noah Andrews was no longer with the Nelsonville-York team because of disciplinary reasons - and the report was totally false. I don't even know where that info came from. 1. You don't report that kind of stuff about a high school kid even if it was true. 2. if you are going to, then you sure as hell have better spoken with an administrator, the kid or the kids parents!

And this is the not the first time GG has made that mistake, it has happened numerous times - this instance is just the latest.

There seems to be no sense of responsibility or adult supervision overseeing this show - it's basically kids covering kids.
Some really good alumni have come out of the show. Matt Barnes on Channel 4 in Columbus, Tony Castricone works with IMG and is the voice of Clemson basketball, I know Jaush Huntsberger from Logan is working over in Parkersburg, and I'm sure there are others.

The quality of the show has gone up and down over the years. I've seen about every episode they have ever done going back to I believe 1999. I think they sometimes lose focus and over extend the coverage area, for instance they used to be really big on Parkersburg and Parkersburg South (along with Williamstown), but now seem to be trying to go north with some of the MSL schools.

Think they could do a better job of really covering a CORE group of teams really well instead of trying to do a little bit of everyone. JMO

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

I've Tweeted Them The Past 2 Seasons About Their "Game OF The Week" And NEVER Going To Jackson When They Faced Wheelersburg. 2 Undefeated Teams Huge Games And Not Even Acknowledgement Of The Upcoming Game Then.

Their Response Was Something To The Nature Of Burg Not Being In The Gridiron Glory Coverage Area. Well....Jackson Is!
Just As Pathetic As The Daily Times!

Return to “Football”