ARTICLE: Jackson too much for Logan,35-21

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

ARTICLE: Jackson too much for Logan,35-21

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

USING ROSTERS FROM MAXPREPS.COM, SO IF THERE ARE MISTAKES BLAME THEM(LOL)

I have to say this was my first visit to Logan and my first time seeing Logan and Jackson play and what a night I picked to watch this highly contested contest. The game had big hits, big plays and as much excitement as any game I have taken in this season.

Raymon Potter made his presence felt with 11:00 left in the opening quarter, when he stopped Bryce McBride for no gain. Potter up to the point he was hurt later in the game was able to show me he is a special kind of player.

McBride would have his number called again on fourth and six but he would be held short of the first down when he was hit by Reagin Conley four yards short of the marker.

The Logan defense quickly shut down the Jackson offense on its first drive , getting the ball back for its potent offense to try things again.

With 5:43 on the clock it would be the Jackson defense coming up big again when,Codey Roseberry got to Logan's Corey Wilson for no gain on third and five.
Logan found themselves facing fourth and five with 4:42 left in the quarter and with some exceptional blocking Wilson was able to pick up seven yards and move the chains.
Lady luck was on the Logan side with 3:26 showing on the clock when Bryce Hall just missed getting a pick six for Jackson. The 5-11 188 pound junior had the ball for a split second before dropping it. The young man makes that play 99 out of 100 times.

The Jackson offense picked up seven yards on a third and five with Blake Mccoy 5-9 / 162, RB doing the work on the ground as he showed nice field vision and used some nice blocking by his teammates, with 1:52 left in the quarter.
With just 49.9 left in the quarter Hunter Sexton 6-0 / 205 threw a pass in the direction of Raymon Potter 6-2 / 215, who was covered like a blanket. Somehow the talented Potter made a Steve Largent type catch and made it look that easy for a big gain.

The 2nd quarter got started wit a nice first down run by,Collin Massie 5-11 / 185, who had some more nice blocking by his line. At this point the thing that started sticking out to me was the way all of the Jackson offense blocked, especially their line, who was a lot smaller overall.
The Jackson 13 play 88 yard drive came to a close , with a 16 yard run up the gut by the slick ball handing quarterback,Hunter Sexton 6-0 / 205. The point after by strong leg kicker,Sheldon Moore increased the Jackson lead to,7-0 with 10:05 left in the half.

Logan picked up 34 yards in the air when a wide opened Jenson Wallace 5-11 / 140 made a nice catch on a ball that was under thrown. Had Lane Little 5-10 / 155 been able to get a little more on his throw this game would have been tied, with 9:17 left in the half.

The clock read 7:11 and that is when Codey Roseberry 6-2 / 235 knocked down a Little pass to bring up a 4th and 31. The intensity that the Jackson line played with and the little things they did, like getting their hands up to make things harder on the talented Logan quarterback might go unnoticed to many but to me and other hard-core fans was a thing of beauty.

The big Logan lines also played very hard and they too did many of the little things that go unnoticed but what stuck out to me was they seemed to play like a group, who had a huge chip on their shoulder and did so with a bad attitude. They made several big legal hits and one of those came with 6:11 left on the clock, Tommy Hayden 6-3 / 230 sacked Sexton for a four yard loss. Hayden was not blocked on \the play and the QB paid the price for that.

There was 5:02 left in the half when Billy Cooper from Jackson was chasing Little around. Little was able to avoid # 50 and throw a pass down field that was picked off by,Blake Mccoy 5-9 / 162.

The Logan defense would stop Jackson after the pick and once again give their offense another chance to light up the scoreboard.

Little would look like Kenny "The Snake" Stabler as he scrambled around for what seemed like 15 seconds and then he threw a pass to a wide opened Riley Nelson 6-1 / 160 for a 22 yard gain, with 51.8 seconds left.
Little would show off his arm again with 23.3 seconds showing on the clock, when he connected with Jenson Wallace 5-11 / 140 for a gain down to the Jackson 9. Wallace was covered as tight as a person could be covered but he somehow made this catch look very easy.
With under ten seconds left Logan tied things up on a touchdown pass by Little to Isaiah Smith 6-3 / 190. Left footed kicker, #4(NOT ON EITHER ROSTERS I LOOKED AT) TIED THIS ONE UP AT, SEVEN WITH HIS KICK. The drive totaled 64 yards and took 9 plays

Logan would recover an on-side kick but had no time to do anything.
The teams headed to the Locker room all even at seven.

Just 20 seconds into the 2nd half Sexton used a magic trick ball handling move to confuse the defense on his way to a 20 yard run. The kid should have been arrested for that move because it was nasty, but legal.
Collin Massie 5-11 / 185, made his parents, whom I met tonight as proud as two football parents can be, when he plowed in from three yards out. Moore made it a, 14-7 Jackson lead with his kick. The drive lasted for eight plays and totaled 52 yards.

The Jackson defense would tack on another sack on Little at the 6:47 mark of the period when,Billy Cooper got to the quarterback for a 14 yard loss.

Jackson not known for its quick strike offense would show they can score quick when, Blake Mccoy 5-9 / 162 out ran the entire Logan defense for a 48 yard score. The point after kick made this a,21-7 game, with 5:15 left. The drive total 51 yards and took just two plays.

The Jackson defense got a big play from Sexton, who planted a Logan receiver hard into the turf after a screen pass was completed to force another Logan punt. As I said this game had big plays, by both teams and hard hits. This play showed both.

Logan's offense showed some life with under five seconds left in the quarter when, Little connected with Wallace for a gain of 50 plus yards. That is one nasty and dangerous combo.

Wilson would score from four yards out, then after the point after kick by #4 we had a, 21-14 game with 11:40 left. This drive went for 80 yards on 5 plays.

Jackson as I was told is a run first, second and third type team but with nearly 10:00 left in this one Sexton connected with Kendall Neal 5-11 / 190 who gained around 50 yards all the way down to the Logan 28 yard line. I am going to tell you that Sexton seems very comfortable throwing the ball and he does so very well.

With 5:08 left Cameron Williams 6-3 / 226 scored on a 12 yard pass play. The point after kick gave Jackson a,28-14 lead. The drive totaled 88 yards and went for 12 plays.

Logan could have given up and started looking towards next week but good teams never do anything like that and with 3:41 remaining in this one they would get a 19 yard scoring run from Little. The point after closed this to a,28-21 game. Little is as dangerous running the ball as any quarterback I have been able to watch in person or on tape at this level, this year.

Jackson would take six plays to work the ball inside the Logan five and with 1:46 left Massie would ice the game with another touchdown run. The point after increased the Jackson lead to,35-21. The drive totaled 49 yards on 7 plays.

1:12 was left when Codey Roseberry 6-2 / 235 batted down another Little pass.

With 36.7 left in this one Little would have his pass picked off by Rhys Jones 5-8 / 160 in the end zone.

UNOFFICIAL STATS

JACKSON
62 PLAYS
368 YARDS
PASSING 5-8 1 TD

LOGAN
60 PLAYS
412 YARDS
PASSING 18-38 1 TD 2 INT'S

Pics working(AGAIN THEY WILL BE LINKED TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE BECAUSE IT IS THE EASIEST WAY FOR ME TO POST THEM)
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ARTICLE: Jackson too much for Logan,35-21

Post by Ironman92 »

Total Yards

Jackson 412
Logan 314

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

That's why I said UNOFFICIAL STATS.

I always use what I come up with, while taking my notes for the article.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:USING ROSTERS FROM MAXPREPS.COM, SO IF THERE ARE MISTAKES BLAME THEM(LOL)

I have to say this was my first visit to Logan and my first time seeing Logan and Jackson play and what a night I picked to watch this highly contested contest. The game had big hits, big plays and as much excitement as any game I have taken in this season.

Raymon Potter made his presence felt with 11:00 left in the opening quarter, when he stopped Bryce McBride for no gain. Potter up to the point he was hurt later in the game was able to show me he is a special kind of player.

McBride would have his number called again on fourth and six but he would be held short of the first down when he was hit by Reagin Conley four yards short of the marker.

The Logan defense quickly shut down the Jackson offense on its first drive , getting the ball back for its potent offense to try things again.

With 5:43 on the clock it would be the Jackson defense coming up big again when,Codey Roseberry got to Logan's Corey Wilson for no gain on third and five.
Logan found themselves facing fourth and five with 4:42 left in the quarter and with some exceptional blocking Wilson was able to pick up seven yards and move the chains.
Lady luck was on the Logan side with 3:26 showing on the clock when Bryce Hall just missed getting a pick six for Jackson. The 5-11 188 pound junior had the ball for a split second before dropping it. The young man makes that play 99 out of 100 times.

The Jackson offense picked up seven yards on a third and five with Blake Mccoy 5-9 / 162, RB doing the work on the ground as he showed nice field vision and used some nice blocking by his teammates, with 1:52 left in the quarter.
With just 49.9 left in the quarter Hunter Sexton 6-0 / 205 threw a pass in the direction of Raymon Potter 6-2 / 215, who was covered like a blanket. Somehow the talented Potter made a Steve Largent type catch and made it look that easy for a big gain.

The 2nd quarter got started wit a nice first down run by,Collin Massie 5-11 / 185, who had some more nice blocking by his line. At this point the thing that started sticking out to me was the way all of the Jackson offense blocked, especially their line, who was a lot smaller overall.
The Jackson 13 play 88 yard drive came to a close , with a 16 yard run up the gut by the slick ball handing quarterback,Hunter Sexton 6-0 / 205. The point after by strong leg kicker,Sheldon Moore increased the Jackson lead to,7-0 with 10:05 left in the half.

Logan picked up 34 yards in the air when a wide opened Jenson Wallace 5-11 / 140 made a nice catch on a ball that was under thrown. Had Lane Little 5-10 / 155 been able to get a little more on his throw this game would have been tied, with 9:17 left in the half.

The clock read 7:11 and that is when Codey Roseberry 6-2 / 235 knocked down a Little pass to bring up a 4th and 31. The intensity that the Jackson line played with and the little things they did, like getting their hands up to make things harder on the talented Logan quarterback might go unnoticed to many but to me and other hard-core fans was a thing of beauty.

The big Logan lines also played very hard and they too did many of the little things that go unnoticed but what stuck out to me was they seemed to play like a group, who had a huge chip on their shoulder and did so with a bad attitude. They made several big legal hits and one of those came with 6:11 left on the clock, Tommy Hayden 6-3 / 230 sacked Sexton for a four yard loss. Hayden was not blocked on \the play and the QB paid the price for that.

There was 5:02 left in the half when #50 (not on roster) from Jackson was chasing Little around. Little was able to avoid # 50 and throw a pass down field that was picked off by,Blake Mccoy 5-9 / 162.

The Logan defense would stop Jackson after the pick and once again give their offense another chance to light up the scoreboard.

Little would look like Kenny "The Snake" Stabler as he scrambled around for what seemed like 15 seconds and then he threw a pass to a wide opened Riley Nelson 6-1 / 160 for a 22 yard gain, with 51.8 seconds left.
Little would show off his arm again with 23.3 seconds showing on the clock, when he connected with Jenson Wallace 5-11 / 140 for a gain down to the Jackson 9. Wallace was covered as tight as a person could be covered but he somehow made this catch look very easy.
With under ten seconds left Logan tied things up on a touchdown pass by Little to Isaiah Smith 6-3 / 190. Left footed kicker, #4(NOT ON EITHER ROSTERS I LOOKED AT) TIED THIS ONE UP AT, SEVEN WITH HIS KICK. The drive totaled 64 yards and took 9 plays

Logan would recover an on-side kick but had no time to do anything.
The teams headed to the Locker room all even at seven.

Just 20 seconds into the 2nd half Sexton used a magic trick ball handling move to confuse the defense on his way to a 20 yard run. The kid should have been arrested for that move because it was nasty, but legal.
Collin Massie 5-11 / 185, made his parents, whom I met tonight as proud as two football parents can be, when he plowed in from three yards out. Moore made it a, 14-7 Jackson lead with his kick. The drive lasted for eight plays and totaled 52 yards.

The Jackson defense would tack on another sack on Little at the 6:47 mark of the period when,#50 got to the quarterback for a 14 yard loss.

Jackson not known for its quick strike offense would show they can score quick when, Blake Mccoy 5-9 / 162 out ran the entire Logan defense for a 48 yard score. The point after kick made this a,21-7 game, with 5:15 left. The drive total 51 yards and took just two plays.

The Jackson defense got a big play from Sexton, who planted a Logan receiver hard into the turf after a screen pass was completed to force another Logan punt. As I said this game had big plays, by both teams and hard hits. This play showed both.

Logan's offense showed some life with under five seconds left in the quarter when, Little connected with Wallace for a gain of 50 plus yards. That is one nasty and dangerous combo.

Wilson would score from four yards out, then after the point after kick by #4 we had a, 21-14 game with 11:40 left. This drive went for 80 yards on 5 plays.

Jackson as I was told is a run first, second and third type team but with nearly 10:00 left in this one Sexton connected with Kendall Neal 5-11 / 190 who gained around 50 yards all the way down to the Logan 28 yard line. I am going to tell you that Sexton seems very comfortable throwing the ball and he does so very well.

With 5:08 left Cameron Williams 6-3 / 226 scored on a 12 yard pass play. The point after kick gave Jackson a,28-14 lead. The drive totaled 88 yards and went for 12 plays.

Logan could have given up and started looking towards next week but good teams never do anything like that and with 3:41 remaining in this one they would get a 19 yard scoring run from Little. The point after closed this to a,28-21 game. Little is as dangerous running the ball as any quarterback I have been able to watch in person or on tape at this level, this year.

Jackson would take six plays to work the ball inside the Logan five and with 1:46 left Massie would ice the game with another touchdown run. The point after increased the Jackson lead to,35-21. The drive totaled 49 yards on 7 plays.

1:12 was left when Codey Roseberry 6-2 / 235 batted down another Little pass.

With 36.7 left in this one Little would have his pass picked off by Rhys Jones 5-8 / 160 in the end zone.

UNOFFICIAL STATS

JACKSON
62 PLAYS
368 YARDS
PASSING 5-8 1 TD

LOGAN
60 PLAYS
412 YARDS
PASSING 18-38 1 TD 2 INT'S

Pics working(AGAIN THEY WILL BE LINKED TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE BECAUSE IT IS THE EASIEST WAY FOR ME TO POST THEM)

Good job

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Great post! This was a great game! I didn't expect anything less. The last Jackson TD came with about a minute on the clock to seal the deal. As I said earlier in the week, the team with the fewest mistakes would win this game, and both teams are too evenly matched for the the team with more mistakes to comeback and win! The Jackson line played an incredible game. The defense of Logan had no answer for that sweep play all night!

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

The Jackson player wearing #50 was Billy Cooper

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

PIGSKIN wrote:The Jackson player wearing #50 was Billy Cooper
Thanks. I inserted his name into the article.

For those who read the article and liked it, Thanks.

I wish I had a better way of doing the pics, but at least they are up for viewing.

Ovc_team
Waterboy

Post by Ovc_team »

Nice article! I enjoyed meeting and talking with you Friday night. I hope you get chance to take in more southern Ohio football games. I think you'll find great atmospheres, very passionate fan bases, some of the nicest people you will ever meet and very hard hitting games. Regardless of what some say, we play very good football in this part of the state. Keep the articles coming. They are good reads.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I stand corrected. Good job Ironmen you play a whale of a game. I really thought Logan
Would be to much for them.

Return to “Football”