week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

knowledge
All Conference

Re: week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

Post by knowledge »

The dynamic and discussion of this game would be so different if Minford was 6-1, and I feel like they should/could be, but you know what they say about all the woulda, shoulda, coulda. However I am going to(and I hope the players do as well) approach this game with a positive state of mind that Minford is a good football team, and very well could of been 6-1, and ARE skilled enough to be 6-1 or even 7-0 if we limited turnovers. With all that being said, I will step out on the proverbial falcon limb as I often do and pick Minford with the "upset special."

48ce
Waterboy

Post by 48ce »

Minford has not faced a defense like this one all year.They have struggled with much inferior all year. The question is not if they will win but if they will find the end zone..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Badboy wrote:Minford catches Burg looking ahead to Valley and forces them it several costly mistakes.

Burg has a chance to kick the extra point and tie or go for 2 and the win in the final seconds.

Minford wins 21-20.
1st off if it came down to an EP or going for 2, Burg will kick every time and take it to OT. The coaches are smart enough to know that from the 25 yard line they can score at least 3 every time.
2nd, Burg will not over look an opponent, for whatever reason one might think. The coaches, once again, will not let them deviate from the task at hand.
3rd Minford will be lucky to score 7, no way they put 21 on the board.
Last edited by Jolly P(irate) on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I don't believe Minford will score at all.....not even when Burg is playing their JV team in the second qtr...lol

Burg 56
minford 0

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

knowledge wrote:The dynamic and discussion of this game would be so different if Minford was 6-1, and I feel like they should/could be, but you know what they say about all the woulda, shoulda, coulda. However I am going to(and I hope the players do as well) approach this game with a positive state of mind that Minford is a good football team, and very well could of been 6-1, and ARE skilled enough to be 6-1 or even 7-0 if we limited turnovers. With all that being said, I will step out on the proverbial falcon limb as I often do and pick Minford with the "upset special."

I agree. As Minford has been in every game, they have no one to blame but themselves for not being 7-0 at this point in the season. Bottom line, in regards to the 3 losses: It's been poor execution and simply not getting the job done. Some want to blame it on a Soph QB being inexperienced, but this is his 10th Varsity game he's started, so that excuse doesn't cut it with me.

I expect Minford's defense to keep the game close, and if Minford can win the turnover battle, the area might be surprised with the outcome of this game.

Also, W'burg loves the onside kick and they've burnt Minford with it the past 3 years, SO HEADS UP and get the hands team ready!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

PirateFan2 wrote:I don't believe Minford will score at all.....not even when Burg is playing their JV team in the second qtr...lol

Burg 56
minford 0

Interesting

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bleeding Red wrote:The Falcons play very good defensively but needs to either cause a few turnovers or be able to have long drives offensively to stay in the game.

Burgs offense hasn't been stopped yet and is much better than it was in week 1 against Ironton.

Burg is the faster team for sure. It will be interesting to see if Minford can be more physical.
Have you seen the Burgs offensive line? The Pirates can play very physical smash mouth football when needed. I don't think Minford will be more physical than the Pirates.

If the Burg plays like they are capable in this game and control the LOS it should be a 3 to 4 score win for the Pirates.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

What color uniforms will the pirates be coming out in tomorrow evening?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

My guess is a combination of orange and black.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:My guess is a combination of orange and black.
I was asking because I know they formerly or maybe still do have the camo looking alternates, etc.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

NewEra wrote:What color uniforms will the pirates be coming out in tomorrow evening?

alternate # 6

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

NewEra wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:My guess is a combination of orange and black.
I was asking because I know they formerly or maybe still do have the camo looking alternates, etc.
They do have the camo W.A.R. jerseys. They are pretty sweet, but I'm more of a fan of the all black myself.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

From what I am reading , Minford's Defense is better than most in our area.. Looking forward to see how good there really are....

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
Badboy wrote:Minford catches Burg looking ahead to Valley and forces them it several costly mistakes.

Burg has a chance to kick the extra point and tie or go for 2 and the win in the final seconds.

Minford wins 21-20.
1st off if it came down to an EP or going for 2, Burg will kick every time and take it to OT. The coaches are smart enough to know that from the 25 yard line they can score at least 3 every time.
2nd, Burg will not over look an opponent, for whatever reason one might think. The coaches, once again, will not let them deviate from the task at hand.
3rd Minford will be lucky to score 7, no way they put 21 on the board.

That's not exactly what Woodward did the last time this situation came up when Burg was supposed to pounce the Falcons.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

???? Did they have a kicker who could hit from 40+ back then? Times change my friend. I'm glad you'll get to witness the best defense in the SOC. They are only giving up 4.5 ppg. That's a total of 31 points on the year, 4 td's have been scored on the entire Burg D and only 2 of those came against the first team. This is going to get ugly fast if Minford don't take care of the ball. They will be lucky to get in the red zone.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Everybody talking about Minford 's defense, Burg's defense has given up far less points and shut out 6-1 D3 Jackson on the road. Considering Minford only scored 9 points against West in a game that went to 3 OT's I'd say they'll have to shut out the Burg to win this one. Gotta go with Burg.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I really wouldn't put too much stock in the outcome of the West game. With it being a natural field, that was a total mud pit with some of the hardest rain I've even been in, so neither offense could get much of anything going.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I saw burg put up 38 points on a mud pit last year in a rain just as bad at waverly.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:???? Did they have a kicker who could hit from 40+ back then? Times change my friend. I'm glad you'll get to witness the best defense in the SOC. They are only giving up 4.5 ppg. That's a total of 31 points on the year, 4 td's have been scored on the entire Burg D and only 2 of those came against the first team. This is going to get ugly fast if Minford don't take care of the ball. They will be lucky to get in the red zone.

Call it a hunch, but I think this game could be a shocker. I just have that feeling.....

Of course it could be gas too.....that's possible after eating those delicious loaded fries from Fred's.....

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Badboy wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:???? Did they have a kicker who could hit from 40+ back then? Times change my friend. I'm glad you'll get to witness the best defense in the SOC. They are only giving up 4.5 ppg. That's a total of 31 points on the year, 4 td's have been scored on the entire Burg D and only 2 of those came against the first team. This is going to get ugly fast if Minford don't take care of the ball. They will be lucky to get in the red zone.

Call it a hunch, but I think this game could be a shocker. I just have that feeling.....

Of course it could be gas too.....that's possible after eating those delicious loaded fries from Fred's.....
Definitely gas :shock:

Return to “Football”