week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

Southernohiohitters
Waterboy

Re: week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

Post by Southernohiohitters »

This is my last reply on the thread on game day. Again, I wish the best to both schools. But Wheelersburg definitely shouldn't underestimate Minford. Minford is capable of beating anybody on any given night if they limit the turnovers. Their defense is just as solid as anybody either team will see all season long, and as Wheelersburg will find out Friday night, Minford's defense is capable of putting at least 14 on the board with special teams possibly adding more. They don't even need the offense to score points to win the game when their defense is playing at this level. So many people make wild predictions based on what Minford has done on paper this year, but without seeing them actually play and seeing the games they've lost, it's hard not to think this will be a major blowout. If Minford fumbles the ball 10 or more times as they have 3 times this season, expect a blowout. If they take care of the ball like they did the other 4 games, look for a very low scoring, possible overtime win that can go either way. Matchups on paper mean nothing because they never tell the whole story, unless you're reading the in depth numbers about turnovers and everything else. Because even with all of the turnovers Minford has had this year, only one team has gained more yards per game than Minford. Minford has basically doubled and tripled their opponents offensive yards even in the losses. The only game they failed to was the Paint Valley game where they decided they would run every formation out of shotgun which just does not work for this team at all. Wheelersburg is without a doubt the team to beat in the SOC, and by far the best team the Falcons will see all season long. But the Falcons defense really is that good. Offensive turnovers that have been returned for TDs and special teams TDs have been a majority of the points scored on Minford this year. Only twice all season has a team driven the ball over 50 yards on Minford for a touchdown, and once was the great Devin Dukes RB from Bishop Ready that you will be seeing play college ball somewhere in a few more years. Don't look ahead to Valley, Wheelersburg, because this is the one game on the schedule you really have to watch out for. I still like Burg in a very low scoring affair in this one, but it's going to be very close and very competitive, and hopefully injury free. A dream Friday night football match.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

syyoung wrote:This is my last reply on the thread on game day. Again, I wish the best to both schools. But Wheelersburg definitely shouldn't underestimate Minford. Minford is capable of beating anybody on any given night if they limit the turnovers. Their defense is just as solid as anybody either team will see all season long, and as Wheelersburg will find out Friday night, Minford's defense is capable of putting at least 14 on the board with special teams possibly adding more. They don't even need the offense to score points to win the game when their defense is playing at this level. So many people make wild predictions based on what Minford has done on paper this year, but without seeing them actually play and seeing the games they've lost, it's hard not to think this will be a major blowout. If Minford fumbles the ball 10 or more times as they have 3 times this season, expect a blowout. If they take care of the ball like they did the other 4 games, look for a very low scoring, possible overtime win that can go either way. Matchups on paper mean nothing because they never tell the whole story, unless you're reading the in depth numbers about turnovers and everything else. Because even with all of the turnovers Minford has had this year, only one team has gained more yards per game than Minford. Minford has basically doubled and tripled their opponents offensive yards even in the losses. The only game they failed to was the Paint Valley game where they decided they would run every formation out of shotgun which just does not work for this team at all. Wheelersburg is without a doubt the team to beat in the SOC, and by far the best team the Falcons will see all season long. But the Falcons defense really is that good. Offensive turnovers that have been returned for TDs and special teams TDs have been a majority of the points scored on Minford this year. Only twice all season has a team driven the ball over 50 yards on Minford for a touchdown, and once was the great Devin Dukes RB from Bishop Ready that you will be seeing play college ball somewhere in a few more years. Don't look ahead to Valley, Wheelersburg, because this is the one game on the schedule you really have to watch out for. I still like Burg in a very low scoring affair in this one, but it's going to be very close and very competitive, and hopefully injury free. A dream Friday night football match.
You know I tried really hard to read this whole post. But just couldn't get past the fact that Minford doesn't need their offense :roll: because the defense is capable of putting 14 on the board :roll: but I have yet to see a score that says that's possible. Are you referencing the NW game? If so you are in the wrong SOC my friend. This Burg team will dominate in every facet of this game. People who smoke blunts think like you do.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

I respect all of the post about minfords D but u have to give the burgs D a little credit too. they only have 3 full time players playing both ways. they are really quick and have great size. we use multiple players both on O, D and Sp. I know one thing for sure they do not and will not take any team lightly. Your not a very good football team if you take anyone light. I believe the burg is a good football team with no one person great but a lot of really good players in all 3 aspects of the game in all positions.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

eddie wrote:I respect all of the post about minfords D but u have to give the burgs D a little credit too. they only have 3 full time players playing both ways. they are really quick and have great size. we use multiple players both on O, D and Sp. I know one thing for sure they do not and will not take any team lightly. Your not a very good football team if you take anyone light. I believe the burg is a good football team with no one person great but a lot of really good players in all 3 aspects of the game in all positions.

I agree. But I don't think anyone is "not" giving Wheelersburg's D credit. I think they have the best D in the Region. And to me, it's really not even close. They have been dominant this year. I got to see them once and part of another game. But just in every phase and against good teams, have been impressive. I would think they should cruise (Maybe not cruise, any one team at any one time) but should win Region 17. Minford has a right to tout they are improving. I'm sure they'd love to have the West game back right now. I expect Wheelersburg to win going away. Hope both teams come away injury free...

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I know Minford fans are passionate just like every other fan base. But the reality is this will not be much of a game. I think I will take this game in and I hope to see a good game but IMHO I think Wheelersburg is a different animal and on a different level. The talk is almost over and the truth will be out soon. When the dust settles, Burg will win this handily. If they don't win by 3 scores, I will be surprised

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

nutronron2012 wrote:I know Minford fans are passionate just like every other fan base. But the reality is this will not be much of a game. I think I will take this game in and I hope to see a good game but IMHO I think Wheelersburg is a different animal and on a different level. The talk is almost over and the truth will be out soon. When the dust settles, Burg will win this handily. If they don't win by 3 scores, I will be surprised
As a Valley fan, you should hope that this game is very competitive.

I have seen Valley in action this year and I was far from impressed. If Burg runs all over Minford tonight, expect the same in 2 weeks when they romp the Indians.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Badboy wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:I know Minford fans are passionate just like every other fan base. But the reality is this will not be much of a game. I think I will take this game in and I hope to see a good game but IMHO I think Wheelersburg is a different animal and on a different level. The talk is almost over and the truth will be out soon. When the dust settles, Burg will win this handily. If they don't win by 3 scores, I will be surprised

I have seen Valley in action this year and I was far from impressed. If Burg runs all over Minford tonight, expect the same in 2 weeks when they romp the Indians.
Valley plays Burg in a week, so yea.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

chicken_coop wrote:
Badboy wrote:

Valley plays Burg in a week, so yea.
One week, 2 weeks.....all the same result. I watched the Raceland game. Valley was scored on rather easily and was inconsistent on offense. No disrespect, but if anyone in this conference is light years away from the others it isnt Valley.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

syyoung wrote:This is my last reply on the thread on game day. Again, I wish the best to both schools. But Wheelersburg definitely shouldn't underestimate Minford. Minford is capable of beating anybody on any given night if they limit the turnovers. Their defense is just as solid as anybody either team will see all season long, and as Wheelersburg will find out Friday night, Minford's defense is capable of putting at least 14 on the board with special teams possibly adding more. They don't even need the offense to score points to win the game when their defense is playing at this level. So many people make wild predictions based on what Minford has done on paper this year, but without seeing them actually play and seeing the games they've lost, it's hard not to think this will be a major blowout. If Minford fumbles the ball 10 or more times as they have 3 times this season, expect a blowout. If they take care of the ball like they did the other 4 games, look for a very low scoring, possible overtime win that can go either way. Matchups on paper mean nothing because they never tell the whole story, unless you're reading the in depth numbers about turnovers and everything else. Because even with all of the turnovers Minford has had this year, only one team has gained more yards per game than Minford. Minford has basically doubled and tripled their opponents offensive yards even in the losses. The only game they failed to was the Paint Valley game where they decided they would run every formation out of shotgun which just does not work for this team at all. Wheelersburg is without a doubt the team to beat in the SOC, and by far the best team the Falcons will see all season long. But the Falcons defense really is that good. Offensive turnovers that have been returned for TDs and special teams TDs have been a majority of the points scored on Minford this year. Only twice all season has a team driven the ball over 50 yards on Minford for a touchdown, and once was the great Devin Dukes RB from Bishop Ready that you will be seeing play college ball somewhere in a few more years. Don't look ahead to Valley, Wheelersburg, because this is the one game on the schedule you really have to watch out for. I still like Burg in a very low scoring affair in this one, but it's going to be very close and very competitive, and hopefully injury free. A dream Friday night football match.
Rest assured that the Pirates will not be looking ahead to whoever is the next game.. They will take care of business tonight and looking forward in seeing just how good this Minford Defense really is...

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Badboy wrote:

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. But the truth of the matter is Burg will open a huge can tonight. And as I said, I hope it is a good game. I just don't see it. And it don't matter how impressed or unimpressed you are with anyone. This is not a Valley thread so I cant talk about that game here. There is another thread for that. But, like I said. I hope Minford to rise up and play Burg close. We will see.
As for the Raceland game. It is hard to judge anything from that game. Valley had to scramble to replace 3 lineman during that game and move a lot of guys from their position to other positions to get the job done with out a gameplan or pregame practice. Just a switch on the fly. So actually, Valley did a good job overcoming the situation they found themselves in. But it don't matter.

Wheelersburg 35
Minford 6
I hope I am wrong and it is closer than this. As good as Minford fans think they are, and how close they think they are to being undefeated. There is a real possibility they will finish dead last in the SOC II and finish the season 4-6

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Good Luck to my falcons! I'm not predicting anything because I hate doing that but in reality burg should win this going away but we all know anything can happen and stranger things have happened over here in minford. Good Luck boys and Good Luck Burg.

Southernohiohitters
Waterboy

@JollyPirate
I seem to have offended you by pointing out that defenses can score points. Have you never seen a pick 6, or a fumble recovery ran back, or even a blocked kick ran back in your life? Those can happen multiple times in one game. For 5 straight games, Minford has blocked a kick in each game, and in 2 of those they blocked multiple kicks. I'm saying anything can happen. Of course you want your offense to move the ball...but if the defense shuts down the Wheelersburg offense and comes up with a score on Defense or Special teams, that could be all that's needed to win the game. If nobody on here watched Minford play all season long, of course this is a very lopsided matchup on paper. I have seen both teams play and know how good they both are. I expect a good matchup, and as I said earlier, this could easily be a huge blowout if Minford don't take care of the football. But if they limit turnovers, I look for a close game. I'm not on here to argue with you Jolly, nor anybody else. I'm giving my best analysis for a great Friday night football matchup, and look very much forward to seeing what the outcome is. Should be a great game, dry weather but cold, no excuses for not getting the job done. Wheelersburg is by far the best coached team in the area and that alone could be the difference tonight as well. So many factors...instead of arguing and making ignorant remarks to a person's thread, why not just wait and see what happens. Don't troll on other people's posts when they are just trying to evaluate a team they know a lot about so everybody has plenty of information and can look forward to the matchup.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

syyoung wrote:@JollyPirate
I seem to have offended you by pointing out that defenses can score points. Have you never seen a pick 6, or a fumble recovery ran back, or even a blocked kick ran back in your life? Those can happen multiple times in one game. For 5 straight games, Minford has blocked a kick in each game, and in 2 of those they blocked multiple kicks. I'm saying anything can happen. Of course you want your offense to move the ball...but if the defense shuts down the Wheelersburg offense and comes up with a score on Defense or Special teams, that could be all that's needed to win the game. If nobody on here watched Minford play all season long, of course this is a very lopsided matchup on paper. I have seen both teams play and know how good they both are. I expect a good matchup, and as I said earlier, this could easily be a huge blowout if Minford don't take care of the football. But if they limit turnovers, I look for a close game. I'm not on here to argue with you Jolly, nor anybody else. I'm giving my best analysis for a great Friday night football matchup, and look very much forward to seeing what the outcome is. Should be a great game, dry weather but cold, no excuses for not getting the job done. Wheelersburg is by far the best coached team in the area and that alone could be the difference tonight as well. So many factors...instead of arguing and making ignorant remarks to a person's thread, why not just wait and see what happens. Don't troll on other people's posts when they are just trying to evaluate a team they know a lot about so everybody has plenty of information and can look forward to the matchup.
:lol: Don't flatter yourself Sy. Your statement was a little strong in regards to not needing an offense. I just pointed out the fact that Minford D has not scored 14 in any significant game. I have watched Minford play as well. They SHOULD have beaten a decent Ready team. But shoulda don't win ball games. Execution does. That's what you will see from the Pirates tonight. Perfect execution in all phases of the game. Minford will need 21 points from their offense to keep the clock from running in the second half. That won't happen. I gotta hand it to you Minford folk tho. Very confident in your kids. That's a good thing. I admire that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

28-14 will be the final. Burg moves on undefeated. Burg wont blow out Falcons. Falcons will play well

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

wobycat wrote:28-14 will be the final. Burg moves on undefeated. Burg wont blow out Falcons. Falcons will play well

Burg will blow out the Falcons 42 to 0 , Burg will play well

Southernohiohitters
Waterboy

Just on a side note Jolly, I always respected your posts in this forum for years. I've followed this forum for 5 years now, and your contribution has been well, and appreciated. I won't argue on any points on either side. I look forward to a very well played game tonight and if Burg wins, congratulations, I will pull for them in the playoffs to represent Southern Ohio well. And we are confident in our Minford kids here, and in less than 2 hours, you will see why. Maybe what I said when I posted earlier wasn't put correctly or was taken wrong, either way, it's not important now. Hope to see a well played matchup tonight!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

syyoung wrote:Just on a side note Jolly, I always respected your posts in this forum for years. I've followed this forum for 5 years now, and your contribution has been well, and appreciated. I won't argue on any points on either side. I look forward to a very well played game tonight and if Burg wins, congratulations, I will pull for them in the playoffs to represent Southern Ohio well. And we are confident in our Minford kids here, and in less than 2 hours, you will see why. Maybe what I said when I posted earlier wasn't put correctly or was taken wrong, either way, it's not important now. Hope to see a well played matchup tonight!
To yo u as well. I can't wait to watch this one.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Almost game time! Two good teams battling it out in the SOCII. looking to see burg win this one by a few scores and set up an epic battle next week!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sport Fan wrote:
wobycat wrote:28-14 will be the final. Burg moves on undefeated. Burg wont blow out Falcons. Falcons will play well

Burg will smell the pasture of pain!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

Burg will smell the pasture of pain!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”