Week 8: Logan (6-1) at St. Francis De Sales (6-1)

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Re: Week 8: Logan (8-1) at St. Francis De Sales (6-1)

Post by PIGSKIN »

Logan QB could be the difference maker in this game if he take the yardage the defense gives him after he's flushed from pocket. There were several time he had 20 or 30 yards against Jackosn but chose to hold up looking for a receiver. I think if he does this against Desales it will make up for McBride being out.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Yes, he took off out of pocket two times as I recall. One of those times for 25 yards and 6 points.

Take what they give you and get out of bounds or give yourself up and slide. Very impressed with his throwing ability, but I think they are missing some offense by him not taking off a couple times per quarter and making something out of nothing.

DeSales has good corner they will put on #10, need to find some other offense if McBride can't play.

Good luck to the Chiefs.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

PIGSKIN wrote:Logan QB could be the difference maker in this game if he take the yardage the defense gives him after he's flushed from pocket. There were several time he had 20 or 30 yards against Jackosn but chose to hold up looking for a receiver. I think if he does this against Desales it will make up for McBride being out.
Yep, good point. Stillwell will have to get some more touches as well. He's a big strong back. Hopefully Burke not having to come up with something on the fly like this past Friday and having some time this week to work on something. Stallions will be ready, they got a good football team.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Will have more on this game later, but the RB/CB (Andrews) has been out with a knee injury. Don't THINK he'll be back this week.

However, his replacement on offense is 230lbs and rand for over 200 yds against Watterson.

The big Tackle going to Wisconsin will be a bear.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Thanks for the info Locos.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have watched both this season.

De Sales seem to sleep walk to a win over a not so good Cov Catholic out of Kentucky.

Logan dropped a game to a very underrated Jackson team.

My thoughts are Logan will have to mix it up a lot to stand a chance.
Work quick slants, tight end screen and other underneath plays in the passing game.

I also think the Logan linebackers will be the key on defense as long as the D-Line can hold their own.

I won't predict but will say if both teams play well, this could come down to the last team with the ball.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

[quote="LoganLocos"]Will have more on this game later, but the RB/CB (Andrews) has been out with a knee injury. Don't THINK he'll be back this week. [/code]

Well this changes things up quite a bit.No excuses now both teams have one of their best players injured, so which team can overcome the best if both don't play? Injuries happen and Logan has been pretty fortunate up until this week,got to figure something will happen sooner or later during the season.Now is the time to see how much depth Logan has with all them players on the team.Billy said in the paper he hopes everybody will be healthy this week so Mcbride's injury might not be that bad.Might have to revise my prediction a little with this revelation that the DeSales star player will be out.I will wait until later in the week to see who might be playing and who's not.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

8-1 in your title? That's pretty cocky

OICU812
Varsity

Re: Week 8: Logan (6-1) at St. Francis De Sales (6-1)

Post by OICU812 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:8-1 in your title? That's pretty cocky
Definitely meant to type 6-1, no need to be up in arms about it! I've changed it.

Also, as for that CB for De Sales, I saw somewhere he's committed to play at Michigan State.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Will have more on this game later, but the RB/CB (Andrews) has been out with a knee injury. Don't THINK he'll be back this week. [/code]

Well this changes things up quite a bit.No excuses now both teams have one of their best players injured, so which team can overcome the best if both don't play? Injuries happen and Logan has been pretty fortunate up until this week,got to figure something will happen sooner or later during the season.Now is the time to see how much depth Logan has with all them players on the team.Billy said in the paper he hopes everybody will be healthy this week so Mcbride's injury might not be that bad.Might have to revise my prediction a little with this revelation that the DeSales star player will be out.I will wait until later in the week to see who might be playing and who's not.
Loco's also said, "however" the kid that's taking his place on offense and weighs 230 pounds and had a 200 yard game against Watterson, and has a bear of a linemen headed to Wisconsin. Yep, no excuses. :lol: :lol: :lol: Still not counting those Chiefs out, they have plenty of weapons to use. Burke isn't on the fly this time without McBride. Bet he works on a plan this week. Like to see Lane take off more from the pocket and see Stillwell get more touches, then pass the ball. Keep the Stallions on their heels and guessing. Going to be interesting to see how the Chiefs measure up, Bolt. We will see. Ole SC said the rush hour traffic will be hectic, with all those people headed to Reynoldsburg. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He said he's not going, he's headed to the club and listening to it on Loganfootball.com. :-D

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RAIDER6309 wrote:8-1 in your title? That's pretty cocky
Just a typo..

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I didn't even notice that in the topic head lol. Yes Little probably does need to scramble more to get more yards if Mac can't go,but with that comes the risk of injury to him which would be a total disaster for Logan in this game.That's how he got hurt his sophomore year scrambling up the middle, so its a risk reward situation.He should be old enough to know when get down now to avoid a bone crunching hit running down the field.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Everybody is worried about the offence, BUT that is not out problem. The problem is our defense We have major problems at out LB positions and the rest of the unit are not preforming well at all! Who actually knows if it the type of defense we play, missed assignments poor tackling or coaching. Maybe we just are not talented enough! If the defense does not improve, the Chiefs will lose against DeSales big and have battles with Warren and Gallia. If and this would be a BIG if we get into the playoffs we will get blasted out quick!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I think Logan's playoff life hinges on this game. Looking at the remaining schedule (0-14 combined) after DeSales and the games that still need to be played with other teams, Logan is going to need alot of second level points if they lose to determine if they make it to the post season imo. They dont want to rely on other teams to try and get them in. 8-2 will be a shame if they are left out. Teays Valley could help out alot if they keep winning but if they can upset DeSales, they should be a lock obviously. Logan will have to get much better play from the LBs with this offense they are about to face. Option, more option, counters, traps, and pounding old school football is coming. Logan must be better up front. MCBride is a huge ? and Logan needs him.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

PaladinePowderPuff wrote:I was up watching hours of film on DeSows last night. One thing for sure they are weak and very slow. The Chiefs will run wild on them cause them slow chubby boys cant catch them. And you all know no none can analyze a film like I can. Remember how good I was in high school? I expect some of my high school sweethearts to get on here and tell all you losers how good I was. And if you thought I was a good player, you should have seen me coach!
We saw how your last prediction worked out. :mrgreen:

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

Here we go again. Big school Logan picking on small D-3 school Desales. All posters know Logan should be playing Lancaster, Gahanna, St X and Colerain. Will Logan ever quit playing these smaller schools?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

toldya wrote:Here we go again. Big school Logan picking on small D-3 school Desales. All posters know Logan should be playing Lancaster, Gahanna, St X and Colerain. Will Logan ever quit playing these smaller schools?
NO!

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

toldya wrote:Here we go again. Big school Logan picking on small D-3 school Desales. All posters know Logan should be playing Lancaster, Gahanna, St X and Colerain. Will Logan ever quit playing these smaller schools?
Trying to understand how a D2 school playing a D3 school loaded with college D1 and D2 talent is picking on the D3 team. So you're saying they should be playing 4 of the top 20 teams in the state of Ohio in Div.1?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go away rookie..... :lol: :lol: :lol: You need to come up with something new. Stop going through others post to get your material.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

noreply66 wrote:

Go away rookie..... :lol: :lol: :lol: You need to come up with something new. Stop going through others post to get your material.

I would say I am 99.5% sure he was being sarcastic.......

Return to “Football”