Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

Crab's Brother
SEO

Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

Post by Crab's Brother »

Might as well get this started...

(Cue the "Burg has a game to play and should only be focused on Minford" crap)

This one will be for the marbles in the league. Pretty irrelevant for playoff situations as both schools will be 1 or 2 seed in their regions (and both are probably favored to win their regions). I expect a very good football game. I think it is going to be interesting to see if Valley can have success at the line of scrimmage and give Rolfe time to win the game with his arm. This will be Wheelersburg's first test against a team that can throw it like the Indians. This will also be the fastest and by far the best front 7 that Valley has seen so far.

I feel that if the Indians can somewhat control the run game and force Burg to put the ball in the air, they can keep the Pirates offense in check. If they can't and allow the Pirates to grind out long drives and keep the Indians off the field, it could spell a loss for Valley.

I am really interested to see how the Pirates passing game has progressed from week 1 when I get to see them at Minford on Friday.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

Post by wobycat »

Definitely way too early. Burg has to deal with a fired up minford team. On paper burg should win but still has to be played out. Not seen valley play but burg is pretty good this year. If burg can control the line of scrimmage with their four man front like they did against Jackson then burg wins. If not valley could put some points on the board and come out on top.

I disagree with valley being the clear favorite to win the region. I believe they are one of the teams but their region has some other contenders.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps::

Wheelersburg 28
Valley 17

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:Cal Preps::

Wheelersburg 28
Valley 17
I love calpreps almost as much as mad Dogg
Here is their projection from 2013.

neutral field
[2013] Wheelersburg (OH) 28, [2013] Valley (Lucasville, OH) 21

Remember what happened? A classic defensive struggle with a Valley win. 10-7

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

This will not even be close! The Wheel rolls!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Crab's brother wrote:Might as well get this started...

(Cue the "Burg has a game to play and should only be focused on Minford" crap)

This one will be for the marbles in the league. Pretty irrelevant for playoff situations as both schools will be 1 or 2 seed in their regions (and both are probably favored to win their regions). I expect a very good football game. I think it is going to be interesting to see if Valley can have success at the line of scrimmage and give Rolfe time to win the game with his arm. This will be Wheelersburg's first test against a team that can throw it like the Indians. This will also be the fastest and by far the best front 7 that Valley has seen so far.

I feel that if the Indians can somewhat control the run game and force Burg to put the ball in the air, they can keep the Pirates offense in check. If they can't and allow the Pirates to grind out long drives and keep the Indians off the field, it could spell a loss for Valley.

I am really interested to see how the Pirates passing game has progressed from week 1 when I get to see them at Minford on Friday.
The qb and passing game have came a long way since week 1. Burke and Howard are his main targets but he has started to really spread it around the last few games to another 3-4 receivers.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I think this game will have the same outcome as last year. Probably not as lopsided but the same outcome. Burg just seems to be on a different level right now. Sorry to my friends at Valley.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

It should be another classic SOC II game with either team having a legit chance at winning. I do believe the Burg's thrashing of Jackson is as big a win as either team has had this year. Im not sure what to make of it other than it was a very solid win against a decent team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Will need to see how bad Burg beats Minford and how well Valley handles Bye. Then we need to assess the injuries. At this point and time I would take the Pirates but a lot can happen between now and next Friday.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

I just think Valley is going to win. Home field advantage. Underdog advantage. And personally, I like their uniforms better.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

By the posts you'd think Valley just joined the SOC II, and hadn't won 3 of the last 4 conference titles.

As far as this game goes, it should be a good one. If Valley can get completely healthy or close to it, they will have a chance.

Burg is obviously the favorite as the undefeated defending champion, but the Indians have a group that will be ready to play, and I think the deep playoff run to the state will help these seniors when the big stage presents itself next Friday night.

Valley will surprise a lot of folks in SEO, but not in Lucasville.

Indians 27
Pirates 24

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote:Definitely way too early. Burg has to deal with a fired up minford team. On paper burg should win but still has to be played out. Not seen valley play but burg is pretty good this year. If burg can control the line of scrimmage with their four man front like they did against Jackson then burg wins. If not valley could put some points on the board and come out on top.

I disagree with valley being the clear favorite to win the region. I believe they are one of the teams but their region has some other contenders.
I would put the defending regional champion as a favorite.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was chattin with a feller at the waverly walmart sportin a valley shirt. I told him, this will be a dandy.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I just want both to come out of this healthy. I know about burg's region & I think they'll step into a final 4 spot.
I'm not sure how strong valley's region is.
Both will be representing SEO & that's what is impt. To me.
Stay healthy guys!

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

Last year I thought valley came out flat, they didn't play with the same spirit they usually have. I think mainly it was due too their coach being out, the other coaches did a very good job with these kids, but, its not the same thing as having your leader and mentor with you. I think we will see a different team this year, I know without a doubt we'll see the best two teams in this part of the state play each other. I know I'll be there to see it if possible, I just pray for no one to get hurt. good luck too both teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

tjhtygeverve wrote:I just want both to come out of this healthy. I know about burg's region & I think they'll step into a final 4 spot.
I'm not sure how strong valley's region is.
Both will be representing SEO & that's what is impt. To me.
Stay healthy guys!

same here.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Going to be a hard hitting game! And I think a defensive game as well! I got the Indians in a close, low scoring win over the Pirates 14-10.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

If valley gets healthy they can win this game but if spradlin is out they might be in for a long night

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has a pretty good run defense. But with all the youth we have in our front and linebackers Valley should have been able to run the ball some. They really struggled. Valley does have a really good defense though.

48ce
Waterboy

Post by 48ce »

chicken_coop wrote:By the posts you'd think Valley just joined the SOC II, and hadn't won 3 of the last 4 conference titles.

As far as this game goes, it should be a good one. If Valley can get completely healthy or close to it, they will have a chance.

Burg is obviously the favorite as the undefeated defending champion, but the Indians have a group that will be ready to play, and I think the deep playoff run to the state will help these seniors when the big stage presents itself next Friday night.

Valley will surprise a lot of folks in SEO, but not in Lucasville.

Indians 27
Pirates 24
The pedestal that everybody has Burg on just keeps getting taller ... :roll:

Return to “Football”