Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Re: Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

Post by Senatorz10 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Is Valleys defense that tough that they can hold the Burg to 14 points? I saw a few posts showing the Pirates with 14 points. That offense is very high powered and can move fast in the no huddle or line up and run it right your throat. Can the Indians stop that? Is their defense that tough? No one else has stopped it yet this year.

I put it low scoring because the scoring was low in the last few contests. Referring to '12 and 13' no biggie..

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Is Valleys defense that tough that they can hold the Burg to 14 points? I saw a few posts showing the Pirates with 14 points. That offense is very high powered and can move fast in the no huddle or line up and run it right your throat. Can the Indians stop that? Is their defense that tough? No one else has stopped it yet this year.
Check out these scores from 2013. More high powered than this years pirates team. A lot of things are looking strangely familiar. Burg came into that game ranked #1 in division V. Valley held burg to 7 points at Ed Miller Stadium.
I am not predicting anything yet. I am just saying things look strangely similar. I am having deja vu.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2013

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

I watched the Minford/Burg game tonight and I left when it was 26-7. Every single pass play Minford had at least 1 receiver running wide open. Better fix this ASAP or Valley won't need to run it (if #24 or #13 catches a pass wide open they likely won't be caught from behind like the Minford player was).

#8 was a beast for Burg but the QB looked average at best... Threw into triple coverage three times in his pass plays, but he did run the ball well. Burg had a lot of issues with the quick runs straight up the middle on defense, but was strong on the edges and were clearly faster than Minford. Burg's offensive line is huge and able to move the pile but gave up around 10 plays where Minford got penetration and disrupted the play. Burg is not as good this year as they were last year, but that doesn't mean they aren't a good team. Last years team was WAY more explosive on offense and a lot more stout in the middle on defense. Last years Burg team was special. Minford is a dumpster fire and couldn't get out of their own way. Minford should have been winning 14-7 at HT if they didn't have stupid penalties and poor decisions by the coach.

Burg fans seem to be out of their mind right now with some of the comments. I hope their team comes to Lucasville thinking they will beat Valley 42-12.

Is #32 seriously hurt or will he be able to play? Heard he was hurt in the 4th quarter

I think Burg should be favored because they are undefeated and defending Champs, but this will be a close game
Last edited by lineman7 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Check out these scores from 2013. More high powered than this years pirates team. A lot of things are looking strangely familiar. Burg came into that game ranked #1 in division V. Valley held burg to 7 points at Ed Miller Stadium.
I am not predicting anything yet. I am just saying things look strangely similar. I am having deja vu.

You hope at least. :lol:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:

You hope at least. :lol:
Yes I do. IMO, Burg had a better offense back then, but their defense is better this year. This game could be another classic if both team play like their capable of.
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

lineman7 wrote:I watched the Minford/Burg game tonight and I left when it was 26-7. Every single pass play Minford had at least 1 receiver running wide open. Better fix this ASAP or Valley won't need to run it (if #24 or #13 catches a pass wide open they likely won't be caught from behind like the Minford player was).

#8 was a beast for Burg but the QB looked average at best... Through into triple coverage three times in his pass plays, but he did run the ball well. Burg had a lot of issues with the quick runs straight up the middle on defense, but was strong on the edges and were clearly faster than Minford. Burg's offensive line is huge and able to move the pile but gave up around 10 plays were Minford got penetration and disrupted the play. Burg is not nearly as good this year as they were last year, but that doesnt mean they aren't a good team. Last years Burg team was special and I believe significantly better in every facet than this team. Minford is a dumpster fire and couldn't get out of their own way. Minford should have been winning 14-7 at HT if they didn't have stupid penalties and poor decisions by the coach.

Burg fans seem to be out of their mind right now with some of the comments. I hope their team comes to Lucasville thinking they will beat Valley 42-12.

I think Burg should be favored because they are undefeated and defending Champs, but this will be a close game
Ha-ha. Last years team was special. But this team is just as special and you will find that out in 7 days. Burg will fix things before Friday. Don't worry.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Regardless of all of the hullabaloo... This will be THE game in Southern Ohio for week 9. It will be a great contest.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Valenth wrote:Regardless of all of the hullabaloo... This will be THE game in Southern Ohio for week 9. It will be a great contest.
I agree. I can't wait.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I don't expect to see anyone from Wheelersburg picking against their team on this thread. And I don't expect to see anyone from Valley picking against the Indians.
I don't really care what the fans from Wheelersburg have to say. They are very good and should toot their horns...
BUT.... I do hope the Indians fans take the "HIGH ROAD" here and respect a good team (in Wheelersburg) who has proven time and time again how good their program is.

Valley has nothing to be ashamed of for the run they've had the last 20 years... NOTHING.
But Wheelersburg has a great tradition too. And I hope that Indian fans take the High Road in the talk before this game.
I can't see anyone thinking that Wheelersburg's Defense is bad or doesn't deserve respect... LMAO... Why would you think that? You wouldn't...
And the running game Wheelersburg has and ability to control the clock is very strong. Who doesn't think that?? Nobody....

I don't care if Jolly, or Madd Dog or Burg Grad 77 06 12 13 and 84 (and whatever other year) doesn't expect Valley to win this game. Why would they?
It's not on some Valley fan to try to make them think Valley will beat them.
Everybody will throw out opinions of this game. I know I have mine. But honestly? Enjoy this game Friday night boys....
Enjoy it because this might be the last really good team Valley has for a little while. Not Dissing the kids Valley has below this Senior class. But Valley loses so many next year. So enjoy this one on both sides. Let Wheelersburg toot their horn... They should.
Indians fans... LET EM...!!!! Just take the High Road Indians Fans. Act like you've been there... (Because you have!!)

Enjoy the game Friday night boys. I hope it's a good one. Should be a great atmosphere for sure.!!!
Last edited by pmow3 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Honestly if this game is within 2 tds I will be surprised. Vlley is a good team I just don't think they match up well with burg this year.
Is spradlin still out? If so Rolfe will be on the run all night.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

pmow3 wrote:I don't expect to see anyone from Wheelersburg picking against their team on this thread. And I don't expect to see anyone from Valley picking against the Indians.
I don't really care what the fans from Wheelersburg have to say. They are very good and should toot their horns...
BUT.... I do hope the Indians fans take the "HIGH ROAD" here and respect a good team (in Wheelersburg) who has proven time and time again how good their program is.

Valley has nothing to be ashamed of for the run they've had the last 20 years... NOTHING.
But Wheelersburg has a great tradition too. And I hope that Indian fans take the High Road in the talk before this game.
I can't see anyone thinking that Wheelersburg's Defense is bad or doesn't deserve respect... LMAO... Why would you think that? You wouldn't...
And the running game Wheelersburg has and ability to control the clock is very strong. Who doesn't think that?? Nobody....

I don't care if Jolly, or Madd Dog or Burg Grad 77 06 12 13 and 84 (and whatever other year) doesn't expect Valley to win this game. Why would they?
It's not on some Valley fan to try to make them think Valley will beat them.
Everybody will throw out opinions of this game. I know I have mine. But honestly? Enjoy this game Friday night boys....
Enjoy it because this might be the last really good team Valley has for a little while. Not Dissing the kids Valley has below this Senior class. But Valley loses so many next year. So enjoy this one on both sides. Let Wheelersburg toot their horn... They should.
Indians fans... LET EM...!!!! Just take the High Road Indians Fans. Act like you've been there...

Enjoy the game Friday night boys. I hope it's a good one. Should be a great atmosphere for sure.!!!
So are you saying you don't want the 17 points? :lol:

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I'll take 17 points right now!!! YES YES YES....

Please tell me that offer is still good.. Name your price!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Offer? Garauntee.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

There are no guarantees in life. I mean, I guess there are some. But not many. And certainly not on football fields. But I do feel strongly enough that if you're offering 17, I'm by god jumping on it. We've already messaged each other about it. So if you're serious, then you're the one offering the points, so I'll let you name your price. And PM it to me please. Nobody on here needs to know about it. :) I'll tell all my friends anyway. lol

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I'm saying that with all due respect toward Wheelersburg and their program. And as High road as I can possibly be! But 17??? YES I'm in....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I've not seen valley play all year. Burgs defense is stout. They put teams in so many long down and distances, it's hard to sustain drives. Burgs offense is not as explosive but it's effective. Teams look up and they're down 21 points. Valley's depth might come into play on this game. 28-17 burg.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Both teams are undefeated. One will more than likely end up with the gold football with the SOC championship. Looks to be another slobber knocker.

Burg I do believe was looking towards next week and let Minford hang around in the first half. Came out and returned the 2nd half kick 99 yards for a TD. From then on the blowout was on.

Valley hasn't been tested all year and Burg squeaked out a close one in week one against a steadily improving Ironton team and has rolled ever since. Burg had three turnovers tonight and need to limit that to zero in this game.

Good luck Pirates. Bring home another gold trophy

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton is not a good team.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

wobycat wrote:Ironton is not a good team.
And the Burg won By 8 so Burg is not really a great team either is it ???????????????????????????????????
Just asking

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

lineman7 wrote:I watched the Minford/Burg game tonight and I left when it was 26-7. Every single pass play Minford had at least 1 receiver running wide open. Better fix this ASAP or Valley won't need to run it (if #24 or #13 catches a pass wide open they likely won't be caught from behind like the Minford player was).

#8 was a beast for Burg but the QB looked average at best... Threw into triple coverage three times in his pass plays, but he did run the ball well. Burg had a lot of issues with the quick runs straight up the middle on defense, but was strong on the edges and were clearly faster than Minford. Burg's offensive line is huge and able to move the pile but gave up around 10 plays where Minford got penetration and disrupted the play. Burg is not as good this year as they were last year, but that doesn't mean they aren't a good team. Last years team was WAY more explosive on offense and a lot more stout in the middle on defense. Last years Burg team was special. Minford is a dumpster fire and couldn't get out of their own way. Minford should have been winning 14-7 at HT if they didn't have stupid penalties and poor decisions by the coach.

Is #32 seriously hurt or will he be able to play? Heard he was hurt in the 4th quarter

LOL....Burg is terrible , no way close to last years team, so I will say 49 to 7 Burg over the Valley Indians

Return to “Football”