Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

siderman57
Freshman Team

Re: Week 9 - Wheelersburg (7-0) @ Valley (7-0)

Post by siderman57 »

maniac66 wrote:
wobycat wrote:Ironton is not a good team.
And the Burg won By 8 so Burg is not really a great team either is it ???????????????????????????????????
Just asking
Burg has improved through out the year , Ironton has not....

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

pmow3 wrote:I'm saying that with all due respect toward Wheelersburg and their program. And as High road as I can possibly be! But 17??? YES I'm in....
Its either a blowout by one team or a slobberknocker and a win by a few points this year. Burg has had the Indians number last cpl years but this Indian squad has played together for the last 3 years and they are showing their might! Its at valley so I give them a 7 point favorite. I love my Burg, but we have to be more aggressive in pass coverage. And we have to be better at blitz schemes. Cant let Wolfe know we are coming to get him to early!! But we will be coming!!!!!!!!!!

48ce
Waterboy

Post by 48ce »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Honestly if this game is within 2 tds I will be surprised. Vlley is a good team I just don't think they match up well with burg this year.
Is spradlin still out? If so Rolfe will be on the run all night.
Obviously you havnt watch Valley at all is so you would know putting Rolfe on the run thats when he does his best work as far a Burg goes some of the predictions are insane this week is reality check for burg they have not faced an offense like this yet If Minford would have had any type of offense they would have been in that game until the end. I am not saying who is going to win but I know its not going to a blow out either way

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Apparently, from reading some of these posts, more than a few need to dig their boxers out of their crack :mrgreen: ....Geesh! It's going to be a fun night of football. It's autumn, temps are dropping, and two undefeated teams (probably evenly matched) will go after each other. Sit back, relax, enjoy the popcorn, hot chocolate and the game.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Im amazed at the lack of respect burg fans has for other schools it's one thing to be confident but do it with some class

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Making predictions that you seem to be outlandish is not showing disrespect but rather confidence in their favorite team. I've never seen Rolfe get rattled and burg won't do it either, but not letting him have time could possibly come about. The poster believes that withou Spradlin, valley becomes more suspect to QB hurries.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

The banter and hyperbole is all part of the deal. As fans, we should enjoy the moment, support our teams and not get loss in the fact kids are playing in a game that they'll remember for a lifetime.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Well Said Fido... HIGH ROAD !! :122245 :122245 :122245

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I get the feeling Valley has tried to keep Howard #23 healthy by using him in the passing game and not running him as much. If Valley is gonna win they need to run him more.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Is Valleys defense that tough that they can hold the Burg to 14 points? I saw a few posts showing the Pirates with 14 points. That offense is very high powered and can move fast in the no huddle or line up and run it right your throat. Can the Indians stop that? Is their defense that tough? No one else has stopped it yet this year.
Check out these scores from 2013. More high powered than this years pirates team. A lot of things are looking strangely familiar. Burg came into that game ranked #1 in division V. Valley held burg to 7 points at Ed Miller Stadium.
I am not predicting anything yet. I am just saying things look strangely similar. I am having deja vu.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2013

This is not 2013 , different year , different results .... I do not see Valley line matching up with The Burgs line... I believe this game could be close yet again at half, and Burg will take over second half, like last year....

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

izladoom wrote:Im amazed at the lack of respect burg fans has for other schools it's one thing to be confident but do it with some class

What is the lack of respect?? Most other schools and area Do not Like the Burg Period... Just a fact... Why, because over the Years they our the Team on everyone schedule to Beat...So when someone gives a prediction 42 to 7 Burg...Other people get offended and call this a lack of respect....

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

demaniac1 wrote:
pmow3 wrote:I'm saying that with all due respect toward Wheelersburg and their program. And as High road as I can possibly be! But 17??? YES I'm in....
Its either a blowout by one team or a slobberknocker and a win by a few points this year. Burg has had the Indians number last cpl years but this Indian squad has played together for the last 3 years and they are showing their might! Its at valley so I give them a 7 point favorite. I love my Burg, but we have to be more aggressive in pass coverage. And we have to be better at blitz schemes. Cant let Wolfe know we are coming to get him to early!! But we will be coming!!!!!!!!!!
How has Burg had the Indians Number the last couple of years. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Valley has won at least 2 of the last 3. maybe even 3 of the last 4.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Valley wins for 3 out of 4. Valley is the new Wheelersburg. :122246

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Nothing But Net 1 wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:
How has Burg had the Indians Number the last couple of years. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Valley has won at least 2 of the last 3. maybe even 3 of the last 4.
You are correct. Valley has won 3 of the last 4 with 2 of the win being at Wheelersburg. Valley has been strong at home this decade. Their last Home loss was 2010. This should be a great game. Should be a nice crowd, standing room only. Let'shope both teams can stay healthy and make a long run into the playoffs.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

NewEra wrote:Valley wins for 3 out of 4. Valley is the new Wheelersburg. :122246
If Valley wins this, it will be 4 out of 5. :122246

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

nutronron2012 wrote:
NewEra wrote:Valley wins for 3 out of 4. Valley is the new Wheelersburg. :122246
If Valley wins this, it will be 4 out of 5. :122246

IF.................2 in a row for the Burg.... #30 SOC Title....

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

That would be the Dream for many Teams other than just Valley.....To be The Burg... I agree...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

#30, what a title that would be. To go in to Lucasville and bring home #30. That would make this team special. Since they aren't special like last years team.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sport Fan wrote:

That would be the Dream for many Teams other than just Valley.....To be The Burg... I agree...
:lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Don't let them get to you sport fan. Outside of minford, valley is the highest percentage of victories over an opponent that burg has. 39 games played 34 in burgs favor. They still call themselves regional champs, when they haven't even played a playoff game this year. Look up narcissism in dictionary and you'll find a purple and yellow Indian head.

Return to “Football”