SVC WK7 Unioto (5-1) @ Southeastern (6-0)

mattash
Site Admin

Re: SVC WK7 Unioto (5-1) @ Southeastern (6-0)

Post by mattash »

Wow nice win.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Never been more embarrassed as a fan in my life. Still don’t know what happened we were so much better than that team.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Good job SE.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 pm Never been more embarrassed as a fan in my life. Still don’t know what happened we were so much better than that team.
Well looks like 2 costly turnovers and a TON of penalties is exactly what happened. I had Unioto picked to win this one in a close one. Even with all of that and still had a chance to win it in the end sounds like there's plenty of blame and what ifs to go around.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Was the penalties legit? Thats the question

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:15 pm Was the penalties legit? Thats the question
Most of the false starts looked like it from my spot, but SE had a crazy amount of movement pre-snap as well, so I just may not understand procedure.

The only one that was shaky was a block in the back on a punt return that happened before the ball was punted, which I'm not sure how that is even possible lol, but it turned the ball back over to SE and led to a score.

The refs didn't cause any fumbles though. I do feel bad for the boy who played Center tonight. He was thrust in there last week and struggled tonight. But, I know the coaches will keep him improving and will be able to build off of this disappointment.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:15 pm Was the penalties legit? Thats the question
Most of the false starts looked like it from my spot, but SE had a crazy amount of movement pre-snap as well, so I just may not understand procedure.

The only one that was shaky was a block in the back on a punt return that happened before the ball was punted, which I'm not sure how that is even possible lol, but it turned the ball back over to SE and led to a score.

The refs didn't cause any fumbles though. I do feel bad for the boy who played Center tonight. He was thrust in there last week and struggled tonight. But, I know the coaches will keep him improving and will be able to build off of this disappointment.
Thnx for input. was wondering if its a ref problem or a player problem. Im glad SE won myself. But hate to see that if the refs really did win it for them

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Looks like Unioto had their chance to win this game. However, being @SE and the away team having 22 penalties and the home team only garnering 5 I think anyone looking at those numbers would have to shake their head and ask themselves REALLY??? As was stated though officials didn't cause Unioto to fumble, but I do know that once you start getting penalties like that it takes a toll on a team and you start to lose that edge because you begin focusing on all the negatives.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern didn't quit and made the plays when needed. Called this one earlier in the week . Confidence goes a long way and the Panthers are confident. Keep it rolling .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Thnx for input. was wondering if its a ref problem or a player problem. Im glad SE won myself. But hate to see that if the refs really did win it for them
Nah, the Panthers won the game. Unioto didn't make the adjustments needed to calm the penalties and SE didn't get rattled when they got down 14-0.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Good to know

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I believe 12-14 of the penalties on Unioto were false start/illegal shift penalties. Those are easy calls.

I don't think anyone understands what happened on the punt where SE ended up with the ball back.

With that being said, SE made the big plays they needed to make in the 2nd half, and Unioto did not.

Also, Unioto was going to be flagged for hurdling(for the 2nd time) had they scored on that fumble at the 1 to end the game. If they were more fundamentally sound, they would be a really good team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hurdling is a penalty? Lol I was wondering why the insane TD run by Fisher was called back. I believe it was 12 False Starts/Offsides, which is impressive.

But, Flaggy McGee had thrown his flag before Fisher even left his feet on that play. Probably was assuming correctly, but it was still thrown before.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:51 pm Hurdling is a penalty? Lol I was wondering why the insane TD run by Fisher was called back. I believe it was 12 False Starts/Offsides, which is impressive.

But, Flaggy McGee had thrown his flag before Fisher even left his feet on that play. Probably was assuming correctly, but it was still thrown before.
The penalty was for taunting because he held the ball up in the air when he crossed the goal line. The officiating was terrible... but Unioto had the ball with the last 4 minutes of the game. Drove it down to the one and the QB fumbled while attempting to jump in the endzone. Hurdling is a penalty unless part of the player is touching the ground (not including his feet). So if a defender had a knee, hand or butt on the ground you can hurdle the defender with no penalty.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

BullTank wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:22 am
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:51 pm Hurdling is a penalty? Lol I was wondering why the insane TD run by Fisher was called back. I believe it was 12 False Starts/Offsides, which is impressive.

The penalty was for taunting because he held the ball up in the air when he crossed the goal line. The officiating was terrible... but Unioto had the ball with the last 4 minutes of the game. Drove it down to the one and the QB fumbled while attempting to jump in the endzone. Hurdling is a penalty unless part of the player is touching the ground (not including his feet). So if a defender had a knee, hand or butt on the ground you can hurdle the defender with no penalty.
There were two penalties on that play, the hurdling and the taunting.

When you take away the 12 false starts, the hurdling, and the taunting(all obvious calls). The penalty discrepancy wasn't that big. You can really only be upset at holding penalties, because they are very much discriminatory in what they call. Typically, holding inside the tackles on the line of scrimmage won't get called, anything outside the tackles or in the backfield will.

No doubt it had to be frustrating for the U fans.

Mays1
Waterboy

Post by Mays1 »

Congrats to coach Evan G., he has turned that program around and has made SE relevant in the SVC! I seen a well coached team with heart win that game last night! From my view point Unioto deserved a lot more flags for unsportsmanlike conduct, every time a first down was made players were pointing down field, this isn't the pros and made me feel like it's headed that way! What's next dancing after touchdowns ?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Big Win, Congrats to SE

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

Explanation I got on the punt penalty was 1 flag for defensive holding prior to the punt, one flag for a block in the back before Unioto established possession. The PA announcer announced the block in the back, which was confusing to everyone. The yardage from the hold before the kick = 1st down. Unioto was the more dominant team last night, but they played a very undisciplined game and that was their undoing. 12-14 false starts, and they probably could have Flagged them another 6-8 times for the same infraction.

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

Mays1 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:33 am Congrats to coach Evan G., he has turned that program around and has made SE relevant in the SVC! I seen a well coached team with heart win that game last night!
Evan & his staff deserve a ton of credit. I've watched this senior class go from 0-10 to 2-8 to 6-4 to, now, 7-0. They play with purpose, and they truly lean on each other. Never to up, never to down, and it starts at the top. 2 or 3 years ago, down 14-0 to Unioto, this coaching staff would have folded...now, no panic, just do your job. It's been remarkable to watch the growth of the entire program.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Gallagher the Staff and boys deserve a lot of credit. Queen coming back and bringing the wing t. With him Has given a lot of teams fits. Don't see them being tested until week 11. Need to stay focused and keep grinding .

Return to “Football”