Future opponents to schedule

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Future opponents to schedule

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 am Burg: Ashland Blazer, PP Big Black, Hartley, Chillicothe, Hillsboro, try and keep it somewhat local but a Hartley home and home would be fine.

West: New Richmond, Bishop Ready, West Jefferson, Ironton

Valley: Bishop Ready, Grandview, Unioto, Amanda CC, Logan Elm

Ironton: Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots

Jackson: Cabell Midland, Point, DeSales, Lancaster, Clinton Massie (Logan and Athens should be a given every year)

Waverly: Bexley, Circleville, Athens, Bishop Ready, Gallipolis
at made me laugh out loud abe.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 am I'd love to see jackson play more out of state schools, like have a contract with Ashland and Boyd county. Two good programs. Also keep playing Cabell Midland every other year. Parkersburg would be a good school as well with a home and home series!
Steubenville and Sheridan would also be two good schools for jackson to play.
Boyd County is actually pretty bad.....they were beat by South Point this season, they have also had many kids quit.... I do agree with the others though, they would be good pick ups...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

For Paint Valley. Aiken, Brookville and/or Danville.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 am
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 am I'd love to see jackson play more out of state schools, like have a contract with Ashland and Boyd county. Two good programs. Also keep playing Cabell Midland every other year. Parkersburg would be a good school as well with a home and home series!
Steubenville and Sheridan would also be two good schools for jackson to play.
Boyd County is actually pretty bad.....they were beat by South Point this season, they have also had many kids quit.... I do agree with the others though, they would be good pick ups...
Really, that's awful. lol I didn't know they were that bad. Wow.

Kendog029
Freshman Team

Post by Kendog029 »

I'd like to see one of the top hocking teams (Waterford,Trimble) cross the river and play a good WV team like st. Mary's or Williamstown travel wouldn't be bad.

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:54 am I know they are too far apart.. however, Jackson vs Johnson central ky. Would be awesome! Both play smash mouth football!!
Burg vs ny would be a good series.
West vs Jackson!
Burg vs Athens.
Athens would rather schedule (0-10) Warren

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

It would be neat, although likely improbable, for the TVC-Hocking and the MSL-Cardinal to do something akin to the "Big 10/ACC Challenge." For example, Trimble vs Harvest Prep, Miller vs Fisher, Rosecrans vs Waterford, Millersport vs Federal Hocking etc. Schools are roughly the same size, there would be parity across most of the games, and it would beat having to play further away teams such as Crestline, Green etc. The Region 27 challenge, LOL.

- - - - - - - - - -

Echoing off of the OH-WV comment, it'd be cool to see a team, such as Trimble, play someone such as Williamstown or Magnolia. There would be some nice potential tiny private school matchups: you could have Portsmouth Notre Dame take on Parkersburg Catholic. Rosecrans versus Charleston Catholic, Fisher vs Clarksburg Notre Dame.

For FC, I'd like to see us go down to Spartan Stadium and take on the Titans. I don't believe the two schools have ever played, or if they did, it would've been back in the 60's, or so. Other schools I'd like to see us ink in the future could be Southern, Barnesville, or Belpre.

Unsure if Jackson vs Lancaster is as good of an idea as some would think. I'd enjoy seeing Jackson play Bishop Ready or a Johnstown-Monroe. Other games I think would be good match-ups: Minford vs Westfall, Northridge vs Piketon, Logan Elm vs Wellston, and New Lexington vs Oak Hill.

Of course, this is all fantasy land!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'd like to see Nelsonville-York play
Oak Hill
Bloom Carol
Ft Frye

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

It won't happen but would love to see East pick up minford

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I like seeing NY play former SEOAL schools in the regular season. Would be nice to get Ironton or Portsmouth back on the schedule. Also would like to see former rivals back on the schedule. Even if its just one per year, you can rotate which one that is every 2 years.

Former rivalry games for NY not currently being played:
Logan (although they played as recently as last year)
Jackson
Gallia Academy
Warren
Crooksville
Miller
Federal Hocking

NY and New Lexington have a long history of scrimmaging each other, but have never played in the regular season. That would be a neat one.

Given the playoff history between Wheelersburg and NY, it would be neat to have a home and home with the Pirates.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Coal Grove vs. Wellston
Coal Grove vs. Wayne WV.

Kendog029
Freshman Team

Post by Kendog029 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm It would be neat, although likely improbable, for the TVC-Hocking and the MSL-Cardinal to do something akin to the "Big 10/ACC Challenge." For example, Trimble vs Harvest Prep, Miller vs Fisher, Rosecrans vs Waterford, Millersport vs Federal Hocking etc. Schools are roughly the same size, there would be parity across most of the games, and it would beat having to play further away teams such as Crestline, Green etc. The Region 27 challenge, LOL.

- - - - - - - - - -

Echoing off of the OH-WV comment, it'd be cool to see a team, such as Trimble, play someone such as Williamstown or Magnolia. There would be some nice potential tiny private school matchups: you could have Portsmouth Notre Dame take on Parkersburg Catholic. Rosecrans versus Charleston Catholic, Fisher vs Clarksburg Notre Dame.

For FC, I'd like to see us go down to Spartan Stadium and take on the Titans. I don't believe the two schools have ever played, or if they did, it would've been back in the 60's, or so. Other schools I'd like to see us ink in the future could be Southern, Barnesville, or Belpre.

Unsure if Jackson vs Lancaster is as good of an idea as some would think. I'd enjoy seeing Jackson play Bishop Ready or a Johnstown-Monroe. Other games I think would be good match-ups: Minford vs Westfall, Northridge vs Piketon, Logan Elm vs Wellston, and New Lexington vs Oak Hill.

It's not complete fantasy fort frye played a WV school from southern WV couple years ago and shennendoah played them this year. Van is easily 3 hours from Beverly. Personally I would rather watch a Waterford v. St. Mary's instead of a Waterford v. Frontier game. St. Mary's is ridiculous this year but I don't think Waterford would get blown out. I'd also like to see Parkersburg v. Athens or NY
Maybe someone could answer this how does points toward playoffs work v. Out of state school?

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:32 am
The Flash wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:55 pm Fairland and Burg need to drop each other I think.

Fairland and Meigs would be a good series to start, I know they used to schedule each other. And we’d all love to see Burg get Massie or Canal
Already happened. Burg replaced Fairland with Bishop Hartley.
Didn’t know that. Great move by Burg

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kendog029 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm It would be neat, although likely improbable, for the TVC-Hocking and the MSL-Cardinal to do something akin to the "Big 10/ACC Challenge." For example, Trimble vs Harvest Prep, Miller vs Fisher, Rosecrans vs Waterford, Millersport vs Federal Hocking etc. Schools are roughly the same size, there would be parity across most of the games, and it would beat having to play further away teams such as Crestline, Green etc. The Region 27 challenge, LOL.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's not complete fantasy fort frye played a WV school from southern WV couple years ago and shennendoah played them this year. Van is easily 3 hours from Beverly. Personally I would rather watch a Waterford v. St. Mary's instead of a Waterford v. Frontier game. St. Mary's is ridiculous this year but I don't think Waterford would get blown out. I'd also like to see Parkersburg v. Athens or NY
Maybe someone could answer this how does points toward playoffs work v. Out of state school?
Parkersburg vs Nelsonville-York?
You do realize the Bucks are D6?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

According to Google, Parkersburg HS has an enrollment of around 1700, NY around 350

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Flash wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:05 pm According to Google, Parkersburg HS has an enrollment of around 1700, NY around 350
Pretty close. 😂

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Don't worry NY. Athens will beat on Parkersburg South the next couple years. Points for Groundbuck

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens vs Chillicothe or Wheelersburg

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

For NY

I like to see us play
Bloom Carroll