Round 1 Playoffs DIV , R16 #8 (7-3) Waverly @ #1 (10-0) Valley View

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Re: Round 1 Playoffs DIV , R16 #8 (7-3) Waverly @ #1 (10-0) Valley View

Post by BullTank »

Waverly was a much better team last year compared to this year. I just don't see them competing in this one! But I've been wrong a million times before!! Good Luck Tigers!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Pulling a for you Tigers!!! Lock down those tackles you missed against West. This is your time the shock the world!! Waverly by 7. That's right, predicting an upset.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:47 am Pulling a for you Tigers!!! Lock down those tackles you missed against West. This is your time the shock the world!! Waverly by 7. That's right, predicting an upset.
I agree, make those tackles Waverly or at least hold the ball carrier until help come to make the tackles! I’m sure this will be a tough game but your used to that (NY, Burg, West) but this task is not impossible! You CAN win this game.
I’m picking Waverly by 7 as well in an upset!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well unfortunately VV is sporting a back that is probably going to the be #1 back they've faced all year as I think they boy from last year returns. They couldn't stop Genslinger last year when they had a better defense than this years squad and I don't see them slowing him down at all this year.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This will definitely be a game that the will be very difficult for the Tigers. As we all witnessed last year, Valley View is a very solid team! But I know Crabby will have the boys ready for a fight come Friday night. I expect them to come out and play very hard and with a lot of pride.
No matter what the outcome is, I hope these boys and coaching staff know how proud the Tiger faithful are of them! Back to back playoff appearances is something that hasn't happened since 06-07 I believe. Crabby has done an amazing job turning this program around and getting these boys from the bottom up to believe that they can succeed and compete with any program around. I look forward to many more successful seasons to come!

On a side note, I really wish we were in region 15 instead of 16. I think we could compete a little better in that region. At least there would be some teams from our area in the same region with us if anything else. I'm still pretty confused at how the Tigers got put into 16.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Valley View just too much for the Tigers again.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 pm This will definitely be a game that the will be very difficult for the Tigers. As we all witnessed last year, Valley View is a very solid team! But I know Crabby will have the boys ready for a fight come Friday night. I expect them to come out and play very hard and with a lot of pride.
No matter what the outcome is, I hope these boys and coaching staff know how proud the Tiger faithful are of them! Back to back playoff appearances is something that hasn't happened since 06-07 I believe. Crabby has done an amazing job turning this program around and getting these boys from the bottom up to believe that they can succeed and compete with any program around. I look forward to many more successful seasons to come!

On a side note, I really wish we were in region 15 instead of 16. I think we could compete a little better in that region. At least there would be some teams from our area in the same region with us if anything else. I'm still pretty confused at how the Tigers got put into 16.
They’d be 5 or 6 in the other D4 regions.
Only school from Southeast Ohio in the Southwest region. But, it is what it is.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:22 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 pm This will definitely be a game that the will be very difficult for the Tigers. As we all witnessed last year, Valley View is a very solid team! But I know Crabby will have the boys ready for a fight come Friday night. I expect them to come out and play very hard and with a lot of pride.

They’d be 5 or 6 in the other D4 regions.
Only school from Southeast Ohio in the Southwest region. But, it is what it is.
How often do they change the regions up?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Divisions based on enrollment is done every two years. They try to break it down so there is an equal amount in each division, as close as they can.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

UPSET ALEART!!!! Waverly by 2.....

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the waverly tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tiger losses to two undefeated teams who are #1 in their regions and a 9-1 team who is second in their region (a game they could have won).
VV will be a whole lot better than West so the Tigers will need to clean up and secure the tackling to have a chance. Offense will probably need to throw the ball 40-45 times - more vertical like the past couple weeks.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck Tigers.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

smurray wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 am Tiger losses to two undefeated teams who are #1 in their regions and a 9-1 team who is second in their region (a game they could have won).
VV will be a whole lot better than West so the Tigers will need to clean up and secure the tackling to have a chance. Offense will probably need to throw the ball 40-45 times - more vertical like the past couple weeks.
This lineup of the Tigers has the same feel as the 89 Tigers. Great QB and Great WR's with a pretty good RB. Hopefully a good recipe for disaster again.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

I would agree with Tigers#27 on the feel. I believe they had this same capability last year and didn't cross midfield.
This is a new year and new feel so go Tigers..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TIGER#27 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 am
smurray wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 am Tiger losses to two undefeated teams who are #1 in their regions and a 9-1 team who is second in their region (a game they could have won).
This lineup of the Tigers has the same feel as the 89 Tigers. Great QB and Great WR's with a pretty good RB. Hopefully a good recipe for disaster again.
I totally agree!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

any good new info headin into this matchup a day before game????? where do both teams stand with injuries???/ any new personnel starting for a first time??? any first time personnel now having to play both sides of the ball?????? academically ineligible ??? anything that may have thrown a twist days before a game that has yet been accounted for????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:02 pm any good new info headin into this matchup a day before game????? where do both teams stand with injuries???/ any new personnel starting for a first time??? any first time personnel now having to play both sides of the ball?????? academically ineligible ??? anything that may have thrown a twist days before a game that has yet been accounted for????
With it being lose and done everyone who can physically play will. And I’m sure if playing both sides of the ball increases the chances of winning that will happen too. No holding anything back at this point.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

My official corso pick

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good Luck to Waverly!

Return to “Football”