3 Wheelersburg (4) 10-0 172
4 Orwell Grand Valley 10-0 126
5 Jamestown Greeneview 10-0 102
6 Marion Pleasant 8-1 93
7 Bethel-Tate 10-0 72
8 Portsmouth West 9-1 66
9 Archbold 8-2 33
10 West Jefferson 9-0 31

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Sullivan Black River 30. 12, Anna 28. 13, Johnstown-Monroe 25. 14, Casstown Miami East 21.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Round 1 Playoffs DV , R19 #8 (7-3) Bishop Ready @ #1 (10-0) Wheelersburg

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:38 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 pm When does the final ap rankings come out
Supposed to be today.
:evil: polls do not matter :evil:
😂🤣

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:47 pm Division V
Rank
School (1st place votes)
Record

Total Points
1 Pemberville Eastwood (14) 10-0. 208
2 North Lima South Range (5) 10-0 200
6 Marion Pleasant 8-1 93
7 Bethel-Tate 10-0 72
8 Portsmouth West 9-1 66
9 Archbold 8-2 33
10 West Jefferson 9-0 31

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Sullivan Black River 30. 12, Anna 28. 13, Johnstown-Monroe 25. 14, Casstown Miami East 21.
"North Lima" South Range? Someone needs to proof read a little better. And Anna, West Jeff., and Johnstown are badly underrated.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Polls don't matter but still like to see were you are top 3 congrats well deserved.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

wheres west?

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:40 am8
Ty i missed them. I figured they'd still be there after being beat by number 3

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg93 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:47 pm Division V
Rank
School (1st place votes)
Record

Total Points
1 Pemberville Eastwood (14) 10-0. 208
2 North Lima South Range (5) 10-0 200
6 Marion Pleasant 8-1 93
7 Bethel-Tate 10-0 72
8 Portsmouth West 9-1 66
9 Archbold 8-2 33
10 West Jefferson 9-0 31

"North Lima" South Range? Someone needs to proof read a little better. And Anna, West Jeff., and Johnstown are badly underrated.
I copied directly from the OHSAA website. 😂 I thought it was Canfield. But hey. What do I know?

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Anna went way down. West jeff is very tough. I cannot speak for johnstown no nothing about them.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 am Anna went way down. West jeff is very tough. I cannot speak for johnstown no nothing about them.
Go look at West Jeff. Their schedule is awful. They only played 2 teams with a winning record. Mostly D 6&7. BG6 is big on them too. I don’t see them as a threat at all.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Best of luck to Burg hope we are both still playing come week 13.

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

14svt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:28 pm Video of Ready
http://cwcolumbus.com/sports/thursday-n ... ress-field
I’m not impressed at all. They are nothing any different from what we’ve seen all year and we all know how the year has turned out.
I don’t expect any less in this game!

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Anna lost their last 2. Hard to rank them too highly.

West Jefferson played 1 division 5 team all year. All 6 and 7s after that The people in Jamestown Greenview can actually look at WJs schedule and smirk. It's hard to tell how good they are if their best win is Mechanicsburg.

JollyPirate: I noticed the same thing on OSHAA website as Canfield and Lima are not close geographically. I told you Burg was 3rd then noticed you pasted D5. South Range will probably use it as a "no respect" thing in the locker room.

The interesting part is how Burg went down after beating 4th ranked and Computer Heavy West in the last week. West came in with top 4 in State computer points so they weren't a mirage 9-0 like Grand Valley or Jamestown. Yet some AP voters said---- I think I'm moving Burg down this week. Crazy. But, I think it's a good thing. Use it.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
BishopReadyFootball
Waterboy

Post by BishopReadyFootball »

I've tried to stay off this website this week. For every thought out post that creates a discussion there are two people who get on here to say something outrageous and want to fight (over the internet or in person)... Which is why I tend to stick to Yappi.

Ready has been a Jekyll and Hyde team this year. Great win against London, solid win against Amanda Clearcreek. Then blowouts to Whitehall, Hartley, and Academy. Its hard to tell what team you are getting this season. They got the #8 seed last year and upset the #1 seed Hannibal River but I don't know that I see it happening this year. Burg seems to have the pieces for a playoff run. Ready will need to play a near perfect game to do the unthinkable. Regardless I hope this game is without injuries. I would hate to see either team hobbled after Week 11.

Johnstown is very underrated in my opinion. Outside of them, I would say the team to keep an eye on is CHCA. Everyone is talking up West Jeff who played one of the weakest schedules in the state and Anna who has disappointed for all the talk they receive as far back as I can remember. Not to ruffle any feathers but Portsmouth West will win maybe one playoff game then get bounced. Johnstown will throttle them.

This is Wheelersburg's division to lose.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

CHCA is the team that for the last few years we hoped would beat Coldwater in Region 20. I was hoping their early losses and schedule would keep them out. They definitely are a team to keep an eye on.

I also picked Johnstown Monroe to beat West in the semis. I was very glad to see them as the 3 seed and not the 4 seed. They do West a little better than West.

Good post from a Ready Fan. Burg owes you for the Regional Semi beat down you put on them in the Convo a few years ago. :-)

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

BishopReadyFootball wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 am I've tried to stay off this website this week. For every thought out post that creates a discussion there are two people who get on here to say something outrageous and want to fight (over the internet or in person)... Which is why I tend to stick to Yappi.

Ready has been a Jekyll and Hyde team this year. Great win against London, solid win against Amanda Clearcreek. Then blowouts to Whitehall, Hartley, and Academy. Its hard to tell what team you are getting this season. They got the #8 seed last year and upset the #1 seed Hannibal River but I don't know that I see it happening this year. Burg seems to have the pieces for a playoff run. Ready will need to play a near perfect game to do the unthinkable. Regardless I hope this game is without injuries. I would hate to see either team hobbled after Week 11.

Johnstown is very underrated in my opinion. Outside of them, I would say the team to keep an eye on is CHCA. Everyone is talking up West Jeff who played one of the weakest schedules in the state and Anna who has disappointed for all the talk they receive as far back as I can remember. Not to ruffle any feathers but Portsmouth West will win maybe one playoff game then get bounced. Johnstown will throttle them.

Thanks for the insight. Anything can happen on any given night as Burg found out during last year's lost to Coshocton. I believe that Burg has all the ingredients this year. They faced adversity early in the game last week and that was a very good thing. Hoping for a fun, safe game Friday on both sides.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

BishopReadyFootball wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 am I've tried to stay off this website this week. For every thought out post that creates a discussion there are two people who get on here to say something outrageous and want to fight (over the internet or in person)... Which is why I tend to stick to Yappi.

How would you compare ready to watterson?

Agree that CHCA is the team to keep an eye on. They could be the dark horse that many are over looking. I know west Jeff played a weak schedule, but they seem to be a split team. Good speed and stingy defense. I watched Anna play coldwater and wasn't impressed. Their qb isn't mobile at all. When pressured he bottles up. They also have no depth and were wore out in the 2nd quarter. I have said since week 2 that Johnstown is going to be a tough out in 19. I think them and burg are pretty even. Pemberville I believe is a little over rated. South range I really don't know much about. Obviously they are 10-0 and that has to account for something. Lol

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 am
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 am Anna went way down. West jeff is very tough. I cannot speak for johnstown no nothing about them.
Go look at West Jeff. Their schedule is awful. They only played 2 teams with a winning record. Mostly D 6&7. BG6 is big on them too. I don’t see them as a threat at all.
And im not saying they beat burg heck they might not even get past bethel-tate. But their program is use to winning and being in the spotlight and that gos along way

BishopReadyFootball
Waterboy

Post by BishopReadyFootball »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am

How would you compare ready to watterson?

Agree that CHCA is the team to keep an eye on. They could be the dark horse that many are over looking. I know west Jeff played a weak schedule, but they seem to be a split team. Good speed and stingy defense. I watched Anna play coldwater and wasn't impressed. Their qb isn't mobile at all. When pressured he bottles up. They also have no depth and were wore out in the 2nd quarter. I have said since week 2 that Johnstown is going to be a tough out in 19. I think them and burg are pretty even. Pemberville I believe is a little over rated. South range I really don't know much about. Obviously they are 10-0 and that has to account for something. Lol
I would say Watterson and Ready are very comparable this season. If Ready doesn't show up I could see the score being similar to when Wheelersburg played Watterson.

Wheelersburg got a tough draw facing Ready who I believe is better than half the field in Region 19, followed by most likely Academy, then Johnstown. Win those games and you will definitely be ready for the State Final Four.

Return to “Football”