Round 1 Playoffs DVI , R23 #7 (7-3) Steubenville CC @ #2 (10-0) Southeastern

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Re: Round 1 Playoffs DVI , R23 #7 (7-3) Steubenville CC @ #2 (10-0) Southeastern

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:15 pm
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 pm
PantherPaw78 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 pm

$9.00
Thank you
8 dollars if you buy them in advance.
i wanna pay 9 so i can walk a lil crocked when ohsaa gives it to me lol

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Re: Round 1 Playoffs DVI , R23 #7 (7-3) Steubenville CC @ #2 (10-0) Southeastern

Post by PantherPaw78 »

Lol

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

Thought it was funny when our AD explained that each school gets "approximately" $1.00 from each presage ticket, and "approximately" $0.00 from each walk up ticket sale. Thanks OHSAA! 😁

Surprised they aren't taxing the concession sales too!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

It's just ridiculous that a family of 5 would have to shell out $45 just to get into a high school football game. For some of us, that might not seem like a lot, but I guarantee there are families that won't be able to go because of it.

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

Between immediate & extended family, I think my wife is picking up 20 tickets today. Hope she made the mortgage payment first! 😂

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

any good new info headin into this matchup a day before game????? where do both teams stand with injuries???/ any new personnel starting for a first time??? any first time personnel now having to play both sides of the ball?????? academically ineligible ??? anything that may have thrown a twist days before a game that has yet been accounted for????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:52 pm any good new info headin into this matchup a day before game????? where do both teams stand with injuries???/ any new personnel starting for a first time??? any first time personnel now having to play both sides of the ball?????? academically ineligible ??? anything that may have thrown a twist days before a game that has yet been accounted for????
SE is as healthy as they've been all season. Probably the biggest change since Saturday morning is the field condition. Rain most of the week, but no one has played on the field since week 7. May have been a couple of soccer matches, but I'm not sure. Anyways, the grass should be good and spongey by kickoff tomorrow night.

Was announced this morning that SE had 7 players recognized on the all SVC team, and 4 more honorable mentions.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

PantherPaw78 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:17 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:52 pm any good new info headin into this matchup a day before game????? where do both teams stand with injuries???/ any new personnel starting for a first time??? any first time personnel now having to play both sides of the ball?????? academically ineligible ??? anything that may have thrown a twist days before a game that has yet been accounted for????
SE is as healthy as they've been all season. Probably the biggest change since Saturday morning is the field condition. Rain most of the week, but no one has played on the field since week 7. May have been a couple of soccer matches, but I'm not sure. Anyways, the grass should be good and spongey by kickoff tomorrow night.

Was announced this morning that SE had 7 players recognized on the all SVC team, and 4 more honorable mentions.
I assume Corbin Ford is still out? Nice player for SE, but he's been out since before the Unioto game, so not any big personnel changes from the recent weeks.

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

se-alum wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:02 pm

I assume Corbin Ford is still out? Nice player for SE, but he's been out since before the Unioto game, so not any big personnel changes from the recent weeks.
Ford is out. I feel terrible for him, had a fantastic season going until his injury. Glad that the conference recognized him with an honorable mention.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

My official corso pick

ovfootball
Waterboy

Post by ovfootball »

SCC could win by 14 or lose by 35 depending on what team shows up. If SCC plays like they did, in week 10, against FF, it will be a long night. If they play like they did, at most times, throughout the season, it will be a win. I compare SE, in part, to Wheeling Central who will make the playoffs in WV and should make a run to the state quarter-finals. Their offenses and skill players are similar. Grass hasn't been a friend of SCC. They have the talent to contend in this game, but need the motivational factor.....which they have recently lacked. Home team has the advantage here.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Would love to Southeastern advance

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

They can do it

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

That is fanstatic for the panthers and its players landing several on the all SVC team and 4 honorable.....Quite impressive........and a solid fact that the panthers deserve to be #1 with their 10-0 season.......good luck to them this evening and bring home a W for SEO!!!!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I do not see the Panthers pulling this on out. The SVC is bad bad bad football conference. I don't know anything about CC but they are catholic so they have the edge right? lol. With that being said i will always root for ross county teams. Go Panthers!

Pulling for my Ross Co. friends in this one.
CC-13
SE-14

steubieCC93
Waterboy

Post by steubieCC93 »

ovfootball wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:52 pm SCC could win by 14 or lose by 35 depending on what team shows up. If SCC plays like they did, in week 10, against FF, it will be a long night. If they play like they did, at most times, throughout the season, it will be a win. I compare SE, in part, to Wheeling Central who will make the playoffs in WV and should make a run to the state quarter-finals. Their offenses and skill players are similar. Grass hasn't been a friend of SCC. They have the talent to contend in this game, but need the motivational factor.....which they have recently lacked. Home team has the advantage here.
Agreed. If Catholic Central plays like they usually do....they win. They are loaded. and big...and have more speed than I've seen on a Central team in many, many years. I disagree with the grass argument. I realize they play better on turf....but we practice on grass. I don't see these kids
allowing a repeat of last week. It's not who they are. We should be 9-1. But bad games happen. Sometimes you get caught looking ahead. It is what it is.

Crusaders...roll in there....play with the same attitude and fire you've played with all year. Your from Catholic Central..represent that!!...Courage Character Heart & Spirit!! Knock this out and move on....

I like my boys in blue 21-14.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:58 am I do not see the Panthers pulling this on out. The SVC is bad bad bad football conference. I don't know anything about CC but they are catholic so they have the edge right? lol. With that being said i will always root for ross county teams. Go Panthers!

CC-13
SE-14
What are you talking about, the SVC was only 10 games under .500 in the non conference?! Lol The Panthers have a few advantages in this game, mostly due to travel and their field type. The 3 ball carriers are all very solid as well.

I'll take the Panthers, 19-14.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:58 am I do not see the Panthers pulling this on out. The SVC is bad bad bad football conference. I don't know anything about CC but they are catholic so they have the edge right? lol. With that being said i will always root for ross county teams. Go Panthers!

CC-13
SE-14
What are you talking about, the SVC was only 10 games under .500 in the non conference?! Lol The Panthers have a few advantages in this game, mostly due to travel and their field type. The 3 ball carriers are all very solid as well.

I'll take the Panthers, 19-14.
Everyone bashed the svc in football. Why is it so bad? We did well in the non conference games this year. How was the out of conference records in the new fac?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The SVC went 11-13 in the NC, which is better than norm.

The FAC went 14-16 in the NC, so very similar seasons.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I’m not sure when ppl say svc is bad in football what is the comparison? Bad compared to who? If I had to guess I would say that we would do just as good as any conference when we play same size schools. Like for example piketon vs Oak Hill. You have your teams like ny or burg but for the most part I think svc teams would do fine against other conference teams in the same divisions. Some svc schools have traditionally played way above themselves in non conference games and it killed three records.

Return to “Football”