2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by smurray »

Who knows what OHSAA will do ....................................................
I'd love for it to be at Waverly for obvious reasons, as greygoose alluded to, but who knows. I just don't see it being at ZT due to the seating and construction but stranger things have happened. I don't see it being at HT but that has been a spot in the past, and wouldn't surprise me. That leaves Chillicothe and Waverly. I have a gut feeling where it will be so we shall see.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No I have to think ZT is OUT, not enough capacity.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

How was the crowd last night? I came down with a cold and even if I had not I am not sure I would have sat in 25 degree weather!

I did notice when I drove by the stadium that there were a lot of empty spots in parking lot at 630. But the side streets were packed. Maybe people thought it was full or would be full. Everyone enjoy the stadium!?

If we get this game I have to make it!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:41 am No I have to think ZT is OUT, not enough capacity.
Not even close - Waverly seats a ton more and has way more onsite parking than ZT. Waverly has way more parking than most sites around here.
I can't remember if Waverly had already expanded the visitors bleachers when Wheelersburg & ZT played there or if it was after that - I was thinking after. I think Waverly's home bleachers seats more than Chillicothe but probably not the visitors side - not sure. I'd say the overall capacity is close between the two. It may come down to the equal travel time.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:48 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:41 am No I have to think ZT is OUT, not enough capacity.
Not even close - Waverly seats a ton more and has way more onsite parking than ZT. Waverly has way more parking than most sites around here.
I can't remember if Waverly had already expanded the visitors bleachers when Wheelersburg & ZT played there or if it was after that - I was thinking after. I think Waverly's home bleachers seats more than Chillicothe but probably not the visitors side - not sure. I'd say the overall capacity is close between the two. It may come down to the equal travel time.
I'd say Chillicothe and Waverly's home side is pretty equal and overall capacity is pretty close, I just think the drive time is to much shorter for it to be there. We already seen where JM played one Scioto county team at no reason to think any different this week only this time they'll be at Chillicothe. Few years back that's where Hartley and Burg played at for the regional championship I think as well.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:51 am
smurray wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:48 am
I'd say Chillicothe and Waverly's home side is pretty equal and overall capacity is pretty close, I just think the drive time is to much shorter for it to be there. We already seen where JM played one Scioto county team at no reason to think any different this week only this time they'll be at Chillicothe. Few years back that's where Hartley and Burg played at for the regional championship I think as well.

I don’t understand the logic of some people saying they won’t let Burg play at the same site two weeks in a row. What kind of advantage does that give Burg??? Isn’t the field the same size everywhere??

Stadium was very nice with ample amount of seating on both sides. Parking is a little scarce at Chillicithee but overall nice site. If Waverly did add seating to the visitors side that is not a bad venue for a game.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Announced for sure 100% Chillicothe

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 pm Announced for sure 100% Chillicothe

Sounds good. Burg at least a 7 point Advantage because they’ve already played there. :o :o

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

10 point advantage as this will be our 3rd game there. Chillicothe scrimmage in August!

Go Burg!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:12 am Question we'll all have is location, Chillicothe seems like the logical choice but will they put Burg there 2 weeks in a row. I personally think so, I think ZT is out because of capacity, and Waverly is out because of location. If the state has a problem putting Burg in the same location back to back weeks could very well be played at Hamilton Township. Think those are the only 2 logical choices.
Logan is my choice great facilities

Burg grad 85
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 am 14svt sounds like you are the lone JJ fan here so far or at least the one who knows some about the team.

Can you give some of us some insight for those of us that haven't seen you play? What was your signature win this year? How many seniors or multi-year starters? Is this your first year in DV, I think you guys have been DIV and always ran into Big Red.

Thanks
You will see next Friday
Don’t believe the hype I heard all last week West would pass and run all over you guys Our defense had there QB scrambling for his life last night ,they shut West running game down also They had one good wide open pass and a touchdown against our 2nd team If Wheelersburg Qb sits in the shotgun and waits he will get manhandeld
Last edited by 14svt on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:14 pm
doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 am 14svt sounds like you are the lone JJ fan here so far or at least the one who knows some about the team.

Can you give some of us some insight for those of us that haven't seen you play? What was your signature win this year? How many seniors or multi-year starters? Is this your first year in DV, I think you guys have been DIV and always ran into Big Red.

Thanks
You will see next Friday

Yes you will.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Wheelersburg is up 21-0 stepping off the bus since it’s at Chilli 😂🤣

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Thanks
You will see next Friday
Don’t believe the hype I heard all last week West would pass and run all over you guys Our defense had there QB scrambling for his life last night ,they shut West running game down also They had one good wide open pass and a touchdown against our 2nd team If Wheelersburg Qb sits in the shotgun and waits he will get manhandeld

Like I said earlier, Burg isn’t West. Burg will be the best team you have played all year and likewise for Burg. These two teams didn’t make it to the regional finals by being lucky. They made it by being great football teams

Bottom line is we will all know the outcome next Friday around 1030. I know if Burg loses I will be on here congratulating JM and wishing them luck the rest of the way. Will you be able to do the same???

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks
You will see next Friday

Like I said earlier, Burg isn’t West. Burg will be the best team you have played all year and likewise for Burg. These two teams didn’t make it to the regional finals by being lucky. They made it by being great football teams

Bottom line is we will all know the outcome next Friday around 1030. I know if Burg loses I will be on here congratulating JM and wishing them luck the rest of the way. Will you be able to do the same???
Yes I will

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

The Flash wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm Wheelersburg is up 21-0 stepping off the bus since it’s at Chilli 😂🤣

You guys thought last night you would be up a lot Academy scores 2 tds on you right out of the game also
Can Wheelersburg pass in the rain 33 and rain That’s the Question
Last edited by 14svt on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ball gets slippery trying to run it as well. No guarantee that it is going to rain. Hell, that prediction is for 6 days out.

Already looking for the weather to help you and by the way, yes they can throw in the rain. They played in a monsoon against Fairland this year and threw the ball well.

Burg kicker also kicked a 43 yard FG in that game during the rain.

If it comes down to the kicking game, do you all have a decent kicker. Burg kicker has 40-50 yard range.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:02 pm
The Flash wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm Wheelersburg is up 21-0 stepping off the bus since it’s at Chilli 😂🤣

You guys thought last night you would be up a lot Academy scores 2 tds on you right out of the game also
Can Wheelersburg pass in the rain That’s the Question
CA scored 1 TD and 3FG's.
Yes, Burg has and will pass in the rain.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Can Wheelersburg pass in the rain That’s the Question

weather can change. it may not rain. lets hope not, so no team has an excuse

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Can Wheelersburg pass in the rain 33 and rain That’s the Question

You are a clown. Academy only scored ONE TD for the game. They kicked three FG’s and also you are correct, CA was up 13-0 at the half and Burg won 35-16. Did you read that right? BURG WON 35-16!!! If my Southern Ahia math is correct they outscorec CA 35-3 in the 2nd half.

Return to “Football”