2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

14svt
JV Team

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by 14svt »

Johnstown is Fast
I think you and Ironton fans drink from the same Cooler I heard this talk couple years ago
And you know the outcome of that
Didn’t look good for Ironton
“We will stop the run “

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:28 pm By the way I'm not some Burg faithful I'm an unbiased fan that has watched them play, knew West was overrated and have much respect for JM and what they have accomplished. I'm just not being bullish enough to get on here and say, "yeah we're going to put it down your throat" when I've seen teams try that with Burg. Just like Burg saying we might run the power against them, well you know what that's why I say JM have been there done that and I don't think Burg will power it down JM. So JM better be as fast as you say they are I'm still rolling with Burg by 1-2 scores in a dandy of a game I'm hoping.
Agree!! I personally don’t see burg playing power football this week.. however, they will take what the defense gives them. I think burg will use their speed and talented receivers to their advantage.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:29 pm Johnstown is Fast
I think you and Ironton fans drink from the same Cooler I heard this talk couple years ago
“We will stop the run “
I had to go back and look, are you talking about 2012??????????????? And a 7-3 Ironton team????? Sorry but that cooler got kicked over years ago for the Ironton faithful. Sorry Ironton guys it had to be said, much respect for your teams history though. You've been coaching there awhile guessing, at one point was a player as well or kid that plays judging by the passion in your responses. Guess someone is always drinking some Kool-Aid just not all of us drink from the same coolers.
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:29 pm Johnstown is Fast
“We will stop the run “
Look I’m sure they have some speed. I have seen them on film some. They have a few fast guys.. their line however is not fast. They do a good job of controlling their gap on defense. Cool burg don’t run much unless they have to.. on offense Johnstown’s linemen were getting pushed around by the west dline. The backs did a good job of being patient and hitting the hole as soon as it opened. Also west couldn’t tackle anything. Lol I just hope for your sake that your team can cash the cheeks you are writing for them.... good luck and GO BURG!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:13 pm
Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:43 pm

I'll agree with that when I was watching the updates, it was refs refs. The 3 turnovers weren't even mentioned as a reason it was ref ref, bad call if you were here you'd understand and telling people to be quiet.
Yeah if you were there last night you'd understand.
if you were and still thought Burg wasnt getting Flagged for everything, youre blind.

Trent threw 3 INT's, true but its called overcoming from mistakes, and they held them to FG's.

1 Pick came AFTER a homered penalty that would of led to a Holden TD, another INT hit the ground.

Burg fans i'm sure were uncomfortable being down 13....you wouldn't be? The team knew the adjustments needed and executed.

also....from the start Tanner Holden got mugged 2nd play of the game in front of 2 officials.....NO FLAG!

Burg beat 2 teams last night.. Vikings and Zebras!
That's the thing EVERY team calls it bogus calls, unless you are Johnny on the stop and see which player and what penalty you can't possibly know it was a bogus call. The INT that hit the ground was kid diving under it and look like his hands could've possibly gotten under the ball, keeping in mind that they can't get into position every time on a play. Now getting mugged yeah everyone and their brother can see something like that. You missed the entire point of what I agreed with and that was all complaints were being thrown at the refs. It wasn't we're making to many mistakes, like you're trying to put it now. Be honest last night on the updates it was refs refs refs, and oh by the way we've turned it over 3 times. You can't sustain any drive when you have 3 turnovers in 1 half, you're limited to how many drives you even get per half then to turn it over that much.

That's not me trying to take away anything they did, I seen penalties and turnovers and thought only down 13 is darn good. Then as I kept watching after half that score come across knew they figured it out. That's what good teams do I just always hate the blame the ref game, unless you see it dead to rights you don't truly know because typically people are watching where the ball is going not what's happening away from it. Then to say getting homered??? Come on
In burgs defense there have been a few cases over the year that appeared to be very bad calls at the time and some got on here and told burg fans to quit crying the calls were correct and then pictures were posted to prove the calls weren’t even close and the burg fans were correct they were terrible calls

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What do you think Burgs run/pass balance will be? I hear they are smaller upfront.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I do remember the picture of Holden's incomplete pass that should've been ruled a TD at Jackson. Also seen where Holden made a catch in that game that was WAY out of bounds but called complete. From my experience it comes and goes, I've coached with guys on the sidelines and they just go nuts over a call because they didn't see it. There was cases where I did see it, just happened to be looking that way at that moment, and had to tell them it was legit and they made the right call. Just depending on the calls and where they are located as a fan in the seats, I know there's times we all get mad because we think that every time something good happens it gets called back. We just don't see what the officials saw, now in the case of the PI yeah everyone can see that. So much depends on where officials are standing and how they view. Now obviously there's bad calls it happens but just can't think it happens on every flag.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:41 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am Waverly couldn’t handle the crowd two years ago in the regional final when Burg played Zane Trace. I expect JM to bring more fans and everyone knows what kind of crowd Burg brings.

Also last night I saw people there from Waverly, Jackson, Wellston and a lot of different towns. Look for this game to have a huge crowd.
JM really didn't bring a big crowd with them last night.
Maybe it was the cold. I would say there will be a lot of West fans there next week, rooting for the Burg. Yes I did just say that. :lol: Good luck Pirates.
I did see some burg fans leaving 3rd quarter

I guess I’m a cocky fan but you don’t say nothing to Jolly Pirate
You jealous bub? You won’t win anything in this forum. You have yet to back up all the 💩 you’ve been talking with facts. You mentioned the schedule. But nothing impressed me from that post. You act like Monroe is the only team that has tried to run on Burg. They haven’t been and won’t be. You act like they have some great back that is something different than what Burg has seen. They don’t. You say don’t compare them to Jackson, yet they are very similar Offensively.

All that being said. I think this is going to be a close game. 28-14 max.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:04 pm What do you think Burgs run/pass balance will be? I hear they are smaller upfront.
Hard to answer that today, because of the balance what the defense gives them is what I think Burg takes. I'd look at 50/50...60/40 run to pass.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I think the coaching staff does a phenomenal job of taking what the defense gives them. I didn't see much more than sprinkling in some runs until the Waverly game...Waverly was giving up the run so Burg ran the ball a lot more than usual. Last night...having a tough time passing...went to the power and CA stuggled with it. Is it Friday yet?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:36 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm

You are a clown. Academy only scored ONE TD for the game. They kicked three FG’s and also you are correct, CA was up 13-0 at the half and Burg won 35-16. Did you read that right? BURG WON 35-16!!! If my Southern Ahia math is correct they outscorec CA 35-3 in the 2nd half.
Quit drinking the Wheelersburg Kool Aid
You guys were craping bricks when Academy was up
Don’t be caught sleeping when Jtown is up 14-0
I'll agree with that when I was watching the updates, it was refs refs. The 3 turnovers weren't even mentioned as a reason it was ref ref, bad call if you were here you'd understand and telling people to be quiet.
I don’t think anybody was cramping bricks but concern on being down 13-0 half. But when u have a quick strike offense like Burg the game can change quick!! The coaches made great adjustments at half and it showed with a 35-3 out scoring academy second half. As far as blaming refs, I seen one bad call but burg scored anyways after so it didn’t hurt them. Yes I was there and just my opinion. Burg seems to turn the ball over in the cold as last and past years show. I think they will work on that this week and be ready!!

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 pm
Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 pm Announced for sure 100% Chillicothe

Sounds good. Burg at least a 7 point Advantage because they’ve already played there. :o :o
Burg is a 13 point favorite. High school all.com has lines on every game

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

#ReachHigher wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 pm
Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 pm Announced for sure 100% Chillicothe

Sounds good. Burg at least a 7 point Advantage because they’ve already played there. :o :o
Burg is a 13 point favorite. Highschoolball.com has lines on every game

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:14 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm
JM really didn't bring a big crowd with them last night.
Maybe it was the cold. I would say there will be a lot of West fans there next week, rooting for the Burg. Yes I did just say that. :lol: Good luck Pirates.

You jealous bub? You won’t win anything in this forum. You have yet to back up all the 💩 you’ve been talking with facts. You mentioned the schedule. But nothing impressed me from that post. You act like Monroe is the only team that has tried to run on Burg. They haven’t been and won’t be. You act like they have some great back that is something different than what Burg has seen. They don’t. You say don’t compare them to Jackson, yet they are very similar Offensively.

I think Jackson had a great game plan against Burg and that was playing the chains. They ran to get first downs, run clock and keep the burg exploding offense off field. It was working until second half then it was over!! U need some passing in the running game or ur done with burgs fast, strong discipline defense. As an opponent against Burg u better play the chains get first down or long night

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:47 pm
14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Quit drinking the Wheelersburg Kool Aid
You guys were craping bricks when Academy was up
Don’t be caught sleeping when Jtown is up 14-0
I don’t think anybody was cramping bricks but concern on being down 13-0 half. But when u have a quick strike offense like Burg the game can change quick!! The coaches made great adjustments at half and it showed with a 35-3 out scoring academy second half. As far as blaming refs, I seen one bad call but burg scored anyways after so it didn’t hurt them. Yes I was there and just my opinion. Burg seems to turn the ball over in the cold as last and past years show. I think they will work on that this week and be ready!!
Ok, good now we know exactly where you are coming from then. Well, congrats on a good season 1st off. Given Burgs troubles over the last few years getting deeper into the playoffs and how they've lost I can see your argument in terms of turnovers. Is it a direct coloration to the weather or the impact of the game probably a little bit of both. I think people keep waiting for them to turn that corner and feel this is the year they can do it. Now with that being said I know no coach wants to see his team commit 3 turnovers in a game let alone a half, but to go on and win the game the coaches should be elated. Because now they can go into practice and show them exactly what has happened in years past only this time instead of the problem sending them home they can hopefully correct that problem with a quality week of practice. So for that the 3 turnovers I think can be used as motivation and a learning tool. Still think this should be a heck of a game. You don't want compared to Jackson, no one likes comparisons but I'll tell you right now from what has been said about the Johnnies and team size and approach that game is VERY VERY comparable. Once again unbiased opinion. Good Luck to both teams in this game it's an accomplishment to get here now someone has to step up and take it to the next level.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:59 pm

I think Jackson had a great game plan against Burg and that was playing the chains. They ran to get first downs, run clock and keep the burg exploding offense off field. It was working until second half then it was over!! U need some passing in the running game or ur done with burgs fast, strong discipline defense. As an opponent against Burg u better play the chains get first down or long night
Jackson isn't built to pass, burg figured that out and really slammed it home at halftime. Jackson has taken that same approach last 2 years, and it has worked somewhat but with that type style you can't have any penalties and really have to limit the negative plays. I've said it for the Jackson game and I'll say it for the Johnnies game and any team facing Burg. Burg is fast they produce multiple formations but plays are very similar, they use their speed well. Best defense is your offense, limit their possession, keep their offense off the field make them feel a little pressure, in the past they'll get antsy and go for the big play or someone tries little to hard and coughs up the ball. Just one man's opinion

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Burg #1 in D5 vs Johnstown #10 in D5 and Burg has them beat in every stat there is. #GoBurg #ReachHigher

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm
14U wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Ok, good now we know exactly where you are coming from then. Well, congrats on a good season 1st off. Given Burgs troubles over the last few years getting deeper into the playoffs and how they've lost I can see your argument in terms of turnovers. Is it a direct coloration to the weather or the impact of the game probably a little bit of both. I think people keep waiting for them to turn that corner and feel this is the year they can do it. Now with that being said I know no coach wants to see his team commit 3 turnovers in a game let alone a half, but to go on and win the game the coaches should be elated. Because now they can go into practice and show them exactly what has happened in years past only this time instead of the problem sending them home they can hopefully correct that problem with a quality week of practice. So for that the 3 turnovers I think can be used as motivation and a learning tool. Still think this should be a heck of a game. You don't want compared to Jackson, no one likes comparisons but I'll tell you right now from what has been said about the Johnnies and team size and approach that game is VERY VERY comparable. Once again unbiased opinion. Good Luck to both teams in this game it's an accomplishment to get here now someone has to step up and take it to the next level.

I haven’t seen johntown but people on here keep saying that they’re like Jackson big, strong power team and only Jackson was like that that I know of. Ur right about being in this game means u are good no matter what ur schedule is. It’s the regional final and both team better be ready!! Last night things changed big time when academy lost their stud linebacker and burg ran right at that spot on 2 td’s and many long runs!! I can’t wait because I feel it’s going to be worth being there watching this game. I hear johnnies take pride in their line on both sides of the ball

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

darn! 1 day and 6 pages in already!
Could set a page record on this thread.
funny thing is reading every post, its the same crap week after week, just a change of opponent.

Everyone in the area is rooting for Burg (as they should now) they are the local team.
If you think we won't win, good for you. Gonna get smoked? Good for you... No one has proven that yet. 12 have tried, 12 have failed. If the Johnnies do succeed, good for them. Personally I do not think they have beaten any quality opponent. Lost to the ones that matter.

Doesn't say they are a bad team, but Burg has been tested, and overcame when many thought the game was lost.

Gonna be a great game, go ahead and continue to talk about the same thing over and over, no one will change anyones opinions. I always enjoyed coming on hear to here updates and talk about the game. Now its no better than Twitter or Facebook, you speak your opinion and you're poop on.

Hope for an injury free game and another Burg Win!

#GoBurg
#ReachHigher

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:06 pm
14U wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Jackson isn't built to pass, burg figured that out and really slammed it home at halftime. Jackson has taken that same approach last 2 years, and it has worked somewhat but with that type style you can't have any penalties and really have to limit the negative plays. I've said it for the Jackson game and I'll say it for the Johnnies game and any team facing Burg. Burg is fast they produce multiple formations but plays are very similar, they use their speed well. Best defense is your offense, limit their possession, keep their offense off the field make them feel a little pressure, in the past they'll get antsy and go for the big play or someone tries little to hard and coughs up the ball. Just one man's opinion

Nice post and agree with what you are saying

Return to “Football”