Re: River v Danville

Post by Seabee_0586 »

I’ll take river by 7 points

SOC 1
Big cat
Freshman Team

Post by Big cat »

Feels like River is carrying tons of momentum. picking River with the upset.28-21

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

To answer a couple of questions here, first, River started out the season with a whole bunch of first year starters especially on the lines!! As the year went on they began to jell and are now a well oiled unit!! Secondly, they always had Islay at QB but he lost his two key guys on offense a nod as year went on that to seems to have been resolved it just took time!!! Defense is tough and fast and the offense is on fire!!!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

River is playing awfully well, but Danville is really strong. Hoping to see a good game, but Danville may roll.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Danville I have a big liking for and really like the way they go about their business.

River was a team, I had never watched until this season and one I really never though to much about, except for the year it looked like they could meet up with Newark Catholic in the playoffs. They got upset, so the game never came to be.

If this was a game taking place in the regular season, I could have seen Danville winning with a running clock or close to it.

Now River seems to have found whatever was missing, that put them in the playoffs as a 6-4 team.
I can see this one being a toss up, with either team winning by a score or two. I say a score or two because there could be a late score, when one team is trying to come back.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:34 pm Danville I have a big liking for and really like the way they go about their business.

River was a team, I had never watched until this season and one I really never though to much about, except for the year it looked like they could meet up with Newark Catholic in the playoffs. They got upset, so the game never came to be.

If this was a game taking place in the regular season, I could have seen Danville winning with a running clock or close to it.

Now River seems to have found whatever was missing, that put them in the playoffs as a 6-4 team.
I can see this one being a toss up, with either team winning by a score or two. I say a score or two because there could be a late score, when one team is trying to come back.
LCF - I agree. River has been two different teams this year, first six weeks, and then forward, just like Shenandoah was two different teams, first seven weeks, then the last four. DSPY tried to call this out earlier to point out why he thought they weren't as good as they are. Let me say this, River is a much, much better team week six going forward, and Shenandoah, after getting beat in Woodsfield, was not the same team after the first half of the season.

This is the danger of making generalizations about a team. River is hot, a much, much better team than they were in the first half of the season.

I would not be surprised to see the Pilots take this game, in a close one down to the end.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

River began the season with 7 new starters on offense and 8 new starters on defense including 4 on the offensive line and the strong safety and strong side corner being freshman. They also played up in division in 7 of their 10 games which is really impressive as well. River is clicking on both ends right now. Really swarming and flying to the ball on the defensive side and dominating the trenches on offense. I don't think Isaly has taken a sack in the past 4 weeks.

wcduttonradio
Waterboy

Post by wcduttonradio »

92.3 WXCR will have coverage of this week's Region 27 Championship between #1 Danville & #6 River. Game coverage begins at 6pm with Countdown to Kickoff, followed by pregame at 7pm from Maysville Athletic Complex in South Zanesville.

Online streaming is available at http://wxcr.com on desktop computers by clicking the "Listen Live" link on the homepage, or you can download the mobile Tunein app and search for 92.3 WXCR!

wcduttonradio
Waterboy

Post by wcduttonradio »

Tartanblue wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:29 pm
icanpickem wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:59 pm East had 7 turnovers(5 in 1st half). 3 fumbles, 3 ints and muffed kickoff.
Radio said East had 10 total turnovers, but River sounded like a well oiled machine. It would have taken a perfect game for East to win.

This will be a good game between Danville and River.
That's about what I had in total. I came up with nine during our broadcast. Five fumbles (including the mishandled kick return) and four interceptions (thrown by three different players) for East. Two turnovers came back as scores... Wagnild's 50 yard pick-six and Drew Dietz's 30 yard fumble recovery. River finished the game with two committed turnovers, as well.

wcduttonradio
Waterboy

Post by wcduttonradio »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 pm River began the season with 7 new starters on offense and 8 new starters on defense including 4 on the offensive line and the strong safety and strong side corner being freshman. They also played up in division in 7 of their 10 games which is really impressive as well. River is clicking on both ends right now. Really swarming and flying to the ball on the defensive side and dominating the trenches on offense. I don't think Isaly has taken a sack in the past 4 weeks.
I can agree with that comment too. The only game we haven't seen in the last four weeks was their season finale at Frontier. I am sure Isaly was able to squeeze out of any tough situation posed by the Cougars. But we have a sponsor for Sack of the Game in our post game. We gave it to an outstanding defensive performer in the last two weeks instead, because River is yet to record a sack in the postseason, as well.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

wcduttonradio wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 am
OvGuy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 pm River began the season with 7 new starters on offense and 8 new starters on defense including 4 on the offensive line and the strong safety and strong side corner being freshman. They also played up in division in 7 of their 10 games which is really impressive as well. River is clicking on both ends right now. Really swarming and flying to the ball on the defensive side and dominating the trenches on offense. I don't think Isaly has taken a sack in the past 4 weeks.
I can agree with that comment too. The only game we haven't seen in the last four weeks was their season finale at Frontier. I am sure Isaly was able to squeeze out of any tough situation posed by the Cougars. But we have a sponsor for Sack of the Game in our post game. We gave it to an outstanding defensive performer in the last two weeks instead, because River is yet to record a sack in the postseason, as well.
This is true but even so the pressure that has been put on the QBs have been relentless even if the sack totals don't show it. They might not project the prototypical size but they play extremely fast on both sides and make few if any mistakes on most nights in this streak. The good thing is this team doesn't feel much pressure they seem to just go out and play better when things are on the line and they are being counted out.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The pick is Danville by 7.

Have gun, will travel
OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Most outside the valley think Danville will roll but that's why you play the game still. River doesn't miss a beat here again

River 44
Danville 35

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

If the River QB tips off the direction of the play like he did against prep, I am willing to bet the Danville staff picks it up after a few series.

No disrespect meant, because the kid is talented.

I am betting he did not do this in the 2nd round,or the coaching staff on the other side was not able to pick it up.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 pm If the River QB tips off the direction of the play like he did against prep, I am willing to bet the Danville staff picks it up after a few series.

No disrespect meant, because the kid is talented.

I am betting he did not do this in the 2nd round,or the coaching staff on the other side was not able to pick it up.
Enlighten me how exactly he tipped off where he's going. Other than him running in that direction. And if Prep noticed such a thing that's even worse because they still didn't stop him.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Go back and watch the tape.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

OvGuy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am Most outside the valley think Danville will roll but that's why you play the game still. River doesn't miss a beat here again

River 44
Danville 35
I suppose anything can happen, but I would be shocked if River put up 44 on Danville. I believe the most points Danville gave up all season was 26 to Div 4 playoff team Highland. And that was reallly a 2 score game until late when Danville went into desperation mode and gave up the ball with a short field. They also gave up 34 to Div 6 playoff team Northmor, but scored 41 of their own in an unusual shootout game. Thru 12 games Danville defense gives up about 12 points per game. Offensively Danville averages just over 33 per game.

River defense allowed an average of 28 points a game, while their offense scored 33 average, same as Danville. Through the regular season River's signature win was a comeback thriller against Div 7 playoff team Lucas. Certainly their most impressive win was outlasting Harvest Prep in week 11 shootout...which is the recipe for beating HP it seems. The Piliots are trending in a good direction for sure.

These two have played once before in 2012 with Danville winning 30-6 in a week 11 home playoff matchup. What does all this mean? I dunno.... It's worth about as much as a the subscription fee for this forum...lol. Just my spin on what has happened. Sounds like it should be a good game though.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

River's offense is firing on all cylinders right now I don't see anyone slowing them down at this rate. They've scored 85 points in the last two first halfs. To think that really anyone can slow them down at this point I can't see it. I was at the game in 2012 and it was actually much closer than that score appears River turned the ball over twice late in the game in their own territory to make it appear that way but 5 years ago means nothing. River will have the best player on the field in Isaly so it's hard to be against him.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

OICU812 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm
OvGuy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am Most outside the valley think Danville will roll but that's why you play the game still. River doesn't miss a beat here again

River 44
Danville 35
I suppose anything can happen, but I would be shocked if River put up 44 on Danville. I believe the most points Danville gave up all season was 26 to Div 4 playoff team Highland. And that was reallly a 2 score game until late when Danville went into desperation mode and gave up the ball with a short field. They also gave up 34 to Div 6 playoff team Northmor, but scored 41 of their own in an unusual shootout game. Thru 12 games Danville defense gives up about 12 points per game. Offensively Danville averages just over 33 per game.

River defense allowed an average of 28 points a game, while their offense scored 33 average, same as Danville. Through the regular season River's signature win was a comeback thriller against Div 7 playoff team Lucas. Certainly their most impressive win was outlasting Harvest Prep in week 11 shootout...which is the recipe for beating HP it seems. The Piliots are trending in a good direction for sure.

These two have played once before in 2012 with Danville winning 30-6 in a week 11 home playoff matchup. What does all this mean? I dunno.... It's worth about as much as a the subscription fee for this forum...lol. Just my spin on what has happened. Sounds like it should be a good game though.
So the most points they’ve given up is 34. Not 26.

No dog in the fight. But just like the facts to be clear.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 pm Go back and watch the tape.
Again then why wasn't he stopped?

Return to “Football”