2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

Burg4
JV Team

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by Burg4 »

With Thanksgiving soon upon us, we may be treated Friday night to another 4 Pack Entree of Old School, with a side of Butter. I wouldn't mind a few extra helpings of Butter, as long as comes in Lightning fashion.

GO BURG!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Can the Pirates stop the run?
Can the Johnnies stop a wicked passing game?

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm Can the Pirates stop the run?
YES
&
NO

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm Can the Pirates stop the run?
Yes
Yes
Last edited by 14svt on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Yes

Yes

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

No
No

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

No to both. But the Burg’s passing game will inflict more damage than JM’s run game
Last edited by The Flash on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 pm
No
No
I agree. So for me it will come down to can the Pirates run the ball?
I think the Pirates have an advantage because the can throw and run the ball, where as Johnstown can only run it. They, the Johnnies can hit the big pass, when the defense is caught off guard. Which tome means the DB has to be very disciplined to stop that from happening.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Yes
Maybe

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:04 pm
No
No
I think the Pirates have an advantage because the can throw and run the ball, where as Johnstown can only run it. They, the Johnnies can hit the big pass, when the defense is caught off guard. Which tome means the DB has to be very disciplined to stop that from happening.
Can they stop Jtown Scrambling qb ?
I think Jtown will have a little trouble stopping the Burg Wrs But when they get the ball Jtown loves eating the clock up and couple yards before first Downs

Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Post by Volunteer »

The game will be on spectrum sports

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:23 pm

No
No
I think Jtown will have a little trouble stopping the Burg Wrs But when they get the ball Jtown loves eating the clock up and couple yards before first Downs
Yeah EXACTLY like Jackson does/did. :D. I see where teams really exploited JM through the air, I mean Licking Valley going 13/15 for over 250 yards should be cause for concern.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

No
No
That may very well be their downfall. If Burg can score in a hurry late in the game, How does Monroe counter that? Do they have a hurry up offense? Have they had to use said offense this season?

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I will say having seen jm film. This may be the best Oline that burg has seen all year. End to end. They come off the ball extremely well and the backs all block very well and carry out fakes The backs appear to be really strong. Losts of plays where they carry people for yards after contact and excellent body lean falling forward. In film I have seen of them they will still run the ball in what would be obvious passing downs. Especially in Four down territory. Wheelersburg outside backers will have to come up and take on the fullback and win that battle to keen jm from moving the sticks and making long drives. On defense I look for jm to struggle containing the burg passing attack and I think burg could have some quick strikes. If burg gets out to a 2 possession lead or more it will be trouble for jm. This should be a really good game IMO. With the pirates putting it away late. Have to get off to a better start than last week

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 pm
Yeah EXACTLY like Jackson does/did. :D. I see where teams really exploited JM through the air, I mean Licking Valley going 13/15 for over 250 yards should be cause for concern.
I believe Granville threw for over 300 against them.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

This will be s great and highly competitive game until the last second. JM very deep, nobody plays two ways. They are physical, well-coached, fast, and dangerous on the edge with there quarterback. They are extremely solid on both sides of the ball, plus there schedule is strong, with bigger schools week in and week out then the Burg.

The Burg is also a physical, athletic, well-coached team that likes to spread you out in space and let the playmakers make plays. They have a really good front six, but will need to be extra special come Friday night and they must win on 3rd down.

So which will it be...athletes in space or athletes in power? Who wins on 3rd down? Who wins the turnover battle? Not sure, but I’ll be in attendance to see it. I’m thinking this game will be like the Bishop Hartley/Burg game I witnessed a few years back, can’t wait to see it, and good luck to the two programs.
Last edited by 123xxx on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

bleed_blue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 pm
I believe Granville threw for over 300 against them.
Heath threw the ball on them..

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Post by Da_Burg »

Volunteer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 pm The game will be on spectrum sports
Not on Tv though, it’s the live feed online

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
fan17
Waterboy

Post by fan17 »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:07 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 am This is Johnstown Monroe's 10th Playoff Appearance

They are 12-9 after tonight's win and never advanced to the state final.
And ?
You guys have 80 players and still in d5
80 players on field is the dumbest comment ever. First of all I think its 92 kids and 2nd of all it goes boys number in school idiot !!! Learn the facts before you post a comment. Its called participation :D

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

victor creed wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 pm I will say having seen jm film. This may be the best Oline that burg has seen all year. End to end. They come off the ball extremely well and the backs all block very well and carry out fakes The backs appear to be really strong. Losts of plays where they carry people for yards after contact and excellent body lean falling forward. In film I have seen of them they will still run the ball in what would be obvious passing downs. Especially in Four down territory. Wheelersburg outside backers will have to come up and take on the fullback and win that battle to keen jm from moving the sticks and making long drives. On defense I look for jm to struggle containing the burg passing attack and I think burg could have some quick strikes. If burg gets out to a 2 possession lead or more it will be trouble for jm. This should be a really good game IMO. With the pirates putting it away late. Have to get off to a better start than last week
That's probably pretty good summary, I believe that max prep stats I seen was through 7 games and they had attempted 14 passes. That's including 2 losses early in the season, so they don't deviate who they are. You only do that if you've got the horses across the line to be able to do that and keep with that type of confidence in the run or unable to throw, like Jackson probably a little bit of both. The Coshocton game last year should serve notice to Burg in this one, must control the line of scrimmage and can't have a repeat of the 1st half against CA where they turned it over 3 times, and in the loss last year I believe they had 6 turnovers. 6 turnovers against any team spells doom especially against teams that want to hammer it out against you and grind the clock down, it's that fewer possessions they can have over the course of the game. JM is going to rush the ball it's bound to happen and they'll hit a gasher here and there, if your JM you want to gain 3-5 1st downs per possession to really shorten this game down. If they do that and burg plays mistake free this game will be in the 17-14 area. If Burg can do like they've done to Jackson, West, Oak Hill and that's get out to a 2 score lead really puts the pressure on teams like JM because now they have to play mistake free the rest of the game to get back into it. We'll see what happens looks like it's going to be a PERFECT night for football this late in the season.

Return to “Football”