2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

vladimir
S

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by vladimir »

I hope Burg wins in a last second TD pass to Holden, then a 2-point conversion to win the region. I'm sorry to be selfish, but I want my $$ worth! :-)

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

JM beat OH 35-0 without their starting QB. Burg was up 44-0 at the half when OH had their starting QB. Burg coulda put 80+ on OH easy but laid off in the second half. JM beat PW 35-6. Burg beat PW 41-7 (coulda have been 41-0 minus the missed tackle on the first play). JM is one dimensional relying on the run where as Burg can run or pass. They play the game for a reason but everything I see tells me Burg wins this game. They are listed as 13 point favorites. I think they cover that against JM this Friday. #GoBurg #ReachHigher

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

bleed_blue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 pm
14svt wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:23 pm
Can they stop Jtown Scrambling qb ?
I think Jtown will have a little trouble stopping the Burg Wrs But when they get the ball Jtown loves eating the clock up and couple yards before first Downs
Yeah EXACTLY like Jackson does/did. :D. I see where teams really exploited JM through the air, I mean Licking Valley going 13/15 for over 250 yards should be cause for concern.
I believe Granville threw for over 300 against them.
But who won ?

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

Hamilton Township would've been a better location because theres plenty of parking unlike Chillicothe

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TravisHill22 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 am Hamilton Township would've been a better location because theres plenty of parking unlike Chillicothe
I think we are far beyond that discussion.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

TravisHill22 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 am Hamilton Township would've been a better location because theres plenty of parking unlike Chillicothe
Sir it's Page 10, that was like 8 pages ago. Chilli is fine the parking issues are widely overblown, although with Columbus Academy's 25 people there last week the parking wasn't tested. I imagine there could be some issues this week. But doubt it is a very big deal.

I like the weather forecast thus far, and I still like us by a couple scores.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I love being the underdogs Wheelersburg Cockiness of winning we love that
Coach Carter will have the Johnnies ready !!!!!!!!!
You bring the Milk Jugs for distraction
We Bring the BIG RED BAND We can play all night long

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

Game will likely come down to how well Burg can stop the run. If they can't hold JM to some 3 & out's; their high scoring offense will be kept off the field. Score will likely be closer than Burg fans think if the run game isn't slowed.

Could be a 7 point game, but I could also see something more like 35-14..... either way, I'm not sure I've seen a DV team this year that can hang with Burg...... as much as it pains me to say :)

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

fbfever9 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 am Game will likely come down to how well Burg can stop the run. If they can't hold JM to some 3 & out's; their high scoring offense will be kept off the field. Score will likely be closer than Burg fans think if the run game isn't slowed.

Could be a 7 point game, but I could also see something more like 35-14..... either way, I'm not sure I've seen a DV team this year that can hang with Burg...... as much as it pains me to say :)
I’m sure our coach has some sneaky plays up his Sleeves They do have a QB that can throw and throw some bombs Even the RB has an arm But jtown has always been a run team so they don’t throw during the season Just like I said and I’ll say it agin If they don’t blitz or put pressure on your QB it will be a long night for Jtown I’d like to see What academy did to them Make them run the ball I think our Running game is Better
How is Burg QB Scrambling during being pressured I don’t think he has been tested all season

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this should be an awesome matchup between 2 fine programs. both quality programs. having seen both on tv, I feel the burg is the stronger team. they need to play good sound fundamental football and not be playing from behind like last week. it happens ya'll other teams score too, that's why they are there. who cares about a running clock. concentrate on the johnnies and advance to the next step. obviously I want the burg to win. but don't under estimate the city of red you are about to encounter. and you're in for a huge treat with their band.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
johndoe
Waterboy

Post by johndoe »

burg is the best team ive ever seen, D1 state champs easily.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you hain't right doe

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 am
fbfever9 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 am Game will likely come down to how well Burg can stop the run. If they can't hold JM to some 3 & out's; their high scoring offense will be kept off the field. Score will likely be closer than Burg fans think if the run game isn't slowed.

I’m sure our coach has some sneaky plays up his Sleeves They do have a QB that can throw and throw some bombs Even the RB has an arm But jtown has always been a run team so they don’t throw during the season Just like I said and I’ll say it agin If they don’t blitz or put pressure on your QB it will be a long night for Jtown I’d like to see What academy did to them Make them run the ball I think our Running game is Better
How is Burg QB Scrambling during being pressured I don’t think he has been tested all season
Normally burg has a mismatch somewhere on the field in the passing game and against CA it was a stalemate. Especially the pass rush. Credit the coaches for seeing that and seeing a mismatch running the ball. CA had 9 in the box and still couldn’t stop it. For 12 games burg has demolished a teams rushing attack. It’s pretty much been non existent for teams. One would say this plays into the hands of burgs strengths. Now I was impressed with how hard the backs of Johnstown run. It’s the difference of another yard or two. I think depth prevails in the second half and propels burg by two scores. 35-20

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

You guys keep saying They will shut the running game Hats off to them And we are screwed
But have they faced a
Running game like Johnstown
3 RBs, Quaterback Option I don’t think they have
Any 2 way players other then Carmichael and Holden ?
Last edited by 14svt on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 am

You young lady are all over the place.. LOL I thought you were at the Burg/Academy game?? Just for the record The Burg QB has been pressured before and does quite well. What Academy had that JM does not are great Defensive back tall and Fast with great coverage.. Also I like so far what the weather is suppose to be Friday Night .... I believe this will be a great game between to great teams, JM run game and Burg Pass/Run..

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 pm You guys keep saying They will shut the running game Hats off to them And we are screwed
But have they faced a
Well unless Johnstown running game has never been stopped then yes.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 pm You guys keep saying They will shut the running game Hats off to them And we are screwed
But have they faced a
You should know you said you were there Friday

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

But have they faced a

Has Burg seen a running game like JM’s? I’d have to say yes last year against Coshocton. Sure that game didn’t go so well but the Burgs 7 turnovers played a huge factor in that game that gave Coshocton a short field.
Question is has JM seen a run defense like Burg has? I’d have to say probably not.

If Salyets gets time to throw he will burn you deep all night but that is the beauty of the Burg passing game. He doesn’t Need a lot of time to throw. Quick strike to Holden or Kenney or Matthews or Donini or Lowery or Carmichael (whew) can turn into a big game or even a TD.

If Burg can stop the run it will be a blowout. If they can’t it will be a shootout with whoever has the ball last wins

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Weather is looking good mid 40’s around game time and rain looks like it won’t hit till Saturday

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Is it Friday yet?

Return to “Football”