JV Team

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by Otto »

Burg vs. Eastwood - Friday, Dec. 1, 3pm via OHSAA twitter

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to the Pirates. Madison was definitely the real deal. Burg just wore them out the second half, Madison played with a lot of heart though. It's really surprising this is their first year making the playoffs. I was sitting by a coach from a team in Madison's league. He told me they will be better next year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 pm Madison was the real deal!!!

Madison has to be saying the same thing about the Burg. Burg has the best run defense I’ve ever seen. They held Madison to 116 TOTAL yards 29 in the 2nd half. That is unbelievable!!!

You got one more job to do Pirates!!!

#reachhgher.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

Hats off to Madison. Great football team.

This game was all about field position. Neither teams defense was budging. Madison controlled the first half and definitely proved it was going to be a dog fight. Looked like Wheelersburg just wore them down as this 4-5 yard runs Madison was getting in the first half turned into negative yardage towards the end of the game.

Congrats to Burg. Can’t be any happier for the coaches. T

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Great job by the Pirates! What was up with the clock operator? No issues to speak of the past 2 weeks, but he must have been Black Friday shopping on his phone tonight!

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

I want to point out that Chillicothe has been a great host the past 3 weeks! Thank you Cavaliers for your hospitality!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

QB SNEAK wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:05 am I want to point out that Chillicothe has been a great host the past 3 weeks! Thank you Cavaliers for your hospitality!
Absolutely! Some have complained about the street parking, but it is much better than being bottled into a big parking lot with only 1 way out.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Great win tonight Pirates!!! Hats off to the Mohawks on a great season. Canton is about to be invaded by THE BURG!!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

4thgoal wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 am Great job by the Pirates! What was up with the clock operator? No issues to speak of the past 2 weeks, but he must have been Black Friday shopping on his phone tonight!

S281
Waterboy

Post by S281 »

I tried telling you guys there is no way a running clock was going to happen. Turnovers and penalties killed us. You guys are definitely a more complete team. Great game and good luck! You always got to cheer for the guy that beats you.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

4thgoal wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:09 am
QB SNEAK wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:05 am I want to point out that Chillicothe has been a great host the past 3 weeks! Thank you Cavaliers for your hospitality!
Absolutely! Some have complained about the street parking, but it is much better than being bottled into a big parking lot with only 1 way out.
Future ref, small mall 2 blocks away with tons of parking and easy out to 104

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

4thgoal wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 am Great job by the Pirates! What was up with the clock operator? No issues to speak of the past 2 weeks, but he must have been Black Friday shopping on his phone tonight!
It was prolly them darn milk jugs. :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:20 am
It was prolly them darn milk jugs. :lol:
😂🤣

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I think the head referee scolded him about the third time!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

S281 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 am
I tried telling you guys there is no way a running clock was going to happen. Turnovers and penalties killed us. You guys are definitely a more complete team. Great game and good luck! You always got to cheer for the guy that beats you.

Anyone saying a running clock don’t know football that well. I knew by the teams you had beat in the playoffs this was going to be a close game. IMO Burg wore down another opponent in the 2nd half as Madison ran out of gas in the 2nd half. For Burg’s defense to hold them to 116 yards and only 10 points with the field position Madison had all night is just insane.

Hats off to both teams to a great game.

The last time Burg won a state semi final game by scoring 15 points they brought home the gold ball the next week.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

S281 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 am
Thank you. Congrats on the great year and game by your Mohawks. They were huge up front but I think they just wore down in the second half.

Another spectacular performance by the defense. Just an outstanding job of shutting down the offense on Madison. The offense made the plays when they needed to. Awesome catch by Tanner to set up the TD.

Now go to Canton and bring home the title!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

That may have been the 2 best defenses I’ve ever seen at the D5 level, gotta throw Coldwater in there also lol. Man what a game! Defenses played lights out for both teams!! Turnovers and field position were the theme of this game! Congrats to Madison! They were everything advertised and more! Hope to see ya guys again next year if were lucky! Excellent fan base as well, they filled up the stadium and made their presence felt just as ours did! Man I’m still hyped up!! Prolly won’t sleep til after OSU whips that team from up north tomorrow lol!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 pm Madison sounds tough. Two scores down might be hard to overcome after getting shut out the first half.

Oh boy. Looks like you haven’t watched Burg much this year, just seem to troll a thread when they are getting beat.

Burg has wore down teams in the 2nd half all year and tonight was no different. Madison was flat wore out in the 4th qtr.

S281
Waterboy

Post by S281 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 pm Watching Madison try and pass was painful.
Amen! All year. #7 was our running Qb. We brought in #9 at the end. Much better arm, but we don’t practice throwing hardly at all. Our “O” line and “D” line just man handled the other team and we imposed our will.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

All year I thought the Burg offense was outstanding but tonight they had almost no answer for Madisom's def no doubt about it . I'm wondering about next week our passing game really fell apart. Holden made a real good catch on the long ball because he was well covered , he was just taller.

Return to “Football”