Canton for the State finals

star
Waterboy

Re: Canton for the State finals

Post by star »

Columbus will allow more fans to attend plus that will equal more money made for the OHSAA

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

OHSAA may not answer you, but I did. My answer is correct. OHSAA makes more $$$$$$$ in NEO than they do Columbus. There are more schools from NEO than any other region in the state. It's also a hotbed for fans, who come to watch even if their own team isn't in it. H.S. Football in Columbus isn't a big deal. It is , in fact , weak, both for fan interest and volunteer support. You might think you are important, but in the scheme of things, a Central location does not draw more fans and don't make as much money. Puff out that chest and pat yourself on the back. The reality is exactly what I just told you, like it or not. The games will remain in Canton ( and maybe Massillon again) while putting in a cameo appearance In Columbus infrequently to mollify the whiners, for a long, long, long, long time. lol

Have gun, will travel
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Otto wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 am
Otto wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 am Honestly, some of you guys are making a bigger deal of this than it is. I went up there friday for the game and even went back the next morning for the Div. VI game. Had a great time. Is it the Shoe? No. But its not as bad as some of you make it out to be. Plus its gonna be back in Columbus in a few years anyways since the sites rotate.

I'm willing to bet more than half the posters on this board never went to the games when they were in Columbus the last few years.
How far did you drive?? Obviously not far. Gone to them when they were at Massillion and Columbus, will not make a trip back to the Northern part of the state. I can tell you where I work plenty of people talked about wanting to go to games but simply not making a 4 hr trek. Never place bets on something you don't know, first ask about it assumptions always bite people in the rear. I don't even care about it being played in the shoe, it should be kept central location because that's what is FAIR for ALL teams that play and not just those above the I-70 line.
I drove from THE BURG, son. Stayed the night so I could see the next game. Looks like you are the one bad at making assumptions.

ParkersBURG does not count joker

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Otto wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:47 am When I said that I went back, I meant back to the stadium. But I can see how that might be read a different way. No problem. I did go to see Burg, but I also would have gone to see any of the local teams if they were playing. I'm the kind of guy who will drive to see good teams play, even outside of the area. Heck, a couple years ago I drove up to Mercer Co. to see Coldwater and Marion Local play.
Now that's a game I'd like to catch

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am OHSAA may not answer you, but I did. My answer is correct. OHSAA makes more $$$$$$$ in NEO than they do Columbus. There are more schools from NEO than any other region in the state. It's also a hotbed for fans, who come to watch even if their own team isn't in it. H.S. Football in Columbus isn't a big deal. It is , in fact , weak, both for fan interest and volunteer support. You might think you are important, but in the scheme of things, a Central location does not draw more fans and don't make as much money. Puff out that chest and pat yourself on the back. The reality is exactly what I just told you, like it or not. The games will remain in Canton ( and maybe Massillon again) while putting in a cameo appearance In Columbus infrequently to mollify the whiners, for a long, long, long, long time. lol

Are you a Wheelersburg fan?

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:12 am
Otto wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 am

How far did you drive?? Obviously not far. Gone to them when they were at Massillion and Columbus, will not make a trip back to the Northern part of the state. I can tell you where I work plenty of people talked about wanting to go to games but simply not making a 4 hr trek. Never place bets on something you don't know, first ask about it assumptions always bite people in the rear. I don't even care about it being played in the shoe, it should be kept central location because that's what is FAIR for ALL teams that play and not just those above the I-70 line.
I drove from THE BURG, son. Stayed the night so I could see the next game. Looks like you are the one bad at making assumptions.

ParkersBURG does not count joker
There's only one Burg here, and that's Wheelersburg. If you don't know that, you're on the wrong forum, clown.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am OHSAA may not answer you, but I did. My answer is correct. OHSAA makes more $$$$$$$ in NEO than they do Columbus. There are more schools from NEO than any other region in the state. It's also a hotbed for fans, who come to watch even if their own team isn't in it. H.S. Football in Columbus isn't a big deal. It is , in fact , weak, both for fan interest and volunteer support. You might think you are important, but in the scheme of things, a Central location does not draw more fans and don't make as much money. Puff out that chest and pat yourself on the back. The reality is exactly what I just told you, like it or not. The games will remain in Canton ( and maybe Massillon again) while putting in a cameo appearance In Columbus infrequently to mollify the whiners, for a long, long, long, long time. lol
That's the thing, only thing you are in just another person making claims. Let's hear OSHAA come out and say their reasoning. I agree with you it is simply money driven but I don't believe for a second that it's some huge difference between being played in NEO and Columbus. You still have side stepped the fact that the MAC is the powerhouse so should be played in Dayton by your reasoning. Is the NEO so hard up for money they need that 2-3 days worth of added income that it's worth not creating a FAIR system for all players?? I can sit here and say one thing and you can try and spew your nonsense but the reality there's nothing that makes you any more right over what I'm talking about. Only difference is most people on this site are going to agree with my logic. If you'd take a second to actually have an unbiased opinion on the matter instead of just wanting to try and troll and argue with people you might comprehend and learn something. Yeah the NEO has all those big private schools who have the MONEY don't act like the public school system is keeping it up there. I do believe it is about money and I'd respect OSHAA more if they'd come out and say it. You answering these questions truly just means nothing, you are simply another person behind a computer with an opinion, and typically your on the wrong end of answers haven't really seen a good track record to make me think otherwise. More trollish then informative.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Most people here will agree with your logic because most are fools here. Do you HONESTLY think the OHSAA is going to premise the games on the MAC games in D-6 and D-7 or D-1 and D-2 with teams from Cleveland (Mentor) and Akron (Hoban) ? Lol. Look at the long time attendance figures for Stark and Columbus. Stark wins hands down . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And that means that not only do they draw from the NEO because of the teams involved, they also draw the casual fan in NEO who is rabid about H. S. Football. The city slickers in metro Columbus care only about Ohio St. The rest of the state draws few people, even when the games were centrally located, so more people could attend because it was " convenient ". lol. That's complete BS.

Cha -Ching !!!!!!!

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The NEO teams this year were D-1 Mentor (Cleveland), D-2 Hoban (Akron) , D-4 Steubenville, D-6 Kirtland (Cleveland suburbs) and D-7 Cuyahoga Hts (Cleveland suburb). And for a change , we didn't have other NEO teams placed in other regions because of the overflow number of teams up here winning their region and playing against another NEO team. It happens though and OHSAA is well aware.

Cha-Ching !!!!!!!!!

Have gun, will travel
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah, but we all know you are so full of poop your eyes have to be brown.

The Burg-Eastwood game drew a record 9778 fans. I guarantee that if that game is in Columbus there would have been close to 12,000 people there. Cha-Ching!!!

Winton Woods might have brought more fans had they not of been playing 3.5 hours away on a Thursday night. Cha-Ching!!!

Your logic about more schools in NEO is one of the biggest crocks of poop you’ve ever put on here.

You stated there were 6 schools from NEO in the finals so guess what clown, there were 8 schools from the other regions. The OHSAA can put any number out there of the attendance and we have no way to dispute that but like was said earlier the main reason was only one private school this year. I was looking through the program at past champions and some of them attendances were a joke. 4400, 5200 and the main reason was there was st least one private school playing.

Your reasoning is still a crock and if you think the OHSAA believes the same way you do why don’t they have the balls to tell me??!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm Most people here will agree with your logic because most are fools here. Do you HONESTLY think the OHSAA is going to premise the games on the MAC games in D-6 and D-7 or D-1 and D-2 with teams from Cleveland (Mentor) and Akron (Hoban) ? Lol. Look at the long time attendance figures for Stark and Columbus. Stark wins hands down . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And that means that not only do they draw from the NEO because of the teams involved, they also draw the casual fan in NEO who is rabid about H. S. Football. The city slickers in metro Columbus care only about Ohio St. The rest of the state draws few people, even when the games were centrally located, so more people could attend because it was " convenient ". lol. That's complete BS.

Cha -Ching !!!!!!!
If fools could fly you would be a $#@%ing ROCKET SHIP.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm Most people here will agree with your logic because most are fools here. Do you HONESTLY think the OHSAA is going to premise the games on the MAC games in D-6 and D-7 or D-1 and D-2 with teams from Cleveland (Mentor) and Akron (Hoban) ? Lol. Look at the long time attendance figures for Stark and Columbus. Stark wins hands down . $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. And that means that not only do they draw from the NEO because of the teams involved, they also draw the casual fan in NEO who is rabid about H. S. Football. The city slickers in metro Columbus care only about Ohio St. The rest of the state draws few people, even when the games were centrally located, so more people could attend because it was " convenient ". lol. That's complete BS.

Cha -Ching !!!!!!!
You realize you just keep spewing the same stuff over and over. I understand where you're coming from you are trying to state your opinion just like the rest of us. It still doesn't make you any more right than any of us, unless you are OHSAA and we know you're not you simply offer no validity to your argument. I mean instead of saying money, what I read your saying is, "we as OHSAA cater those in this area." Of course they should cater to the MAC because unlike the teams you mentioned you can guarantee the MAC will have 1-2-3 teams in the state championship game, Coldwater moved from DV to DVI this year so they didn't have any who had a chance at representing them. Hoban has been division 3 for sometime and only this year jumped to D-2. So where's Pickerington Central (Columbus), Winton Woods, Trotwood, Clinton-Massie, Wheelersburg?? 3 of them are in and around the Cincinnati area and Burg is far south. Then we can go MAC schools Minster and Marion Local by Dayton. So basically I just discredited your argument on teams around the NEO area only. That's game set and match.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

OHSAA has the record book of where all the teams are from in the Championship game YEAR AFTER YEAR. Check it out sometime. lol. There were 5 NEO in 7 divisions this year and that's down. Now go back to pounding sand again. Oh and thank the OHSAA for not putting Cardinal Mooney and Steubenville in a SEO regional as they have done before. Lol

Have gun, will travel
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm OHSAA has the record book of where all the teams are from in the Championship game YEAR AFTER YEAR. Check it out sometime. lol. There were 5 NEO in 7 divisions this year and that's down. Now go back to pounding sand again. Oh and thank the OHSAA for not putting Cardinal Mooney and Steubenville in a SEO regional as they have done before. Lol
Strange I just named 7 teams not in the NEO area and you have NO response. Like I said game set match dude. You've got to get out from under the OHSAA desk, brush off your knees and realize you literally have no idea why they do what they do. None of us do. Sorry man just move on to yappi or jjhuddle or something where maybe someone buys what you're selling. It's either that or you just like to hear yourself think you KNOW exactly what is going on, didn't you learn anything from your championship picks?? :lol: PEACE. Now get some new material and get back with me son or just take your loss with dignity.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

There are, of course , FOUR Regions. I named the one who had more teams than anyone. And it's been that way for a long time.

Loser.

"Yawn"

Have gun, will travel
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm There are, of course , FOUR Regions. I named the one who had more teams than anyone. And it's been that way for a long time.

Loser.

"Yawn"
9>5

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm There are, of course , FOUR Regions. I named the one who had more teams than anyone. And it's been that way for a long time.

Loser.

"Yawn"

As your responses get shorter and shorter and you simply can't answer any questions I post, I can just see the realization coming through for you. It's pretty funny actually. Good luck buddy maybe there will be a topic you can provide some substance to one day. MAYBE

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

AS USUAL you are 100% WRONG!!!! I spoke to Dan Ross earlier this week and he said next year 2018 the Finals are back at the Shoe...... but continue with your blowhard idiotic rants ..... can you predict anything correct????????

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Just my opinion here. I’ve been to games at canton Massillon and the shoe. I prefer Massillon to the others. I like the town the atmosphere and everything about Paul brown tiger stadium. Shoe feels to big for me and I just don’t like canton at all. If they want it to be fair travel Columbus is easily the best choice but for me I’ll always choose Massillon just something about it does it for me.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I watched some of the finals on spectrum
They kept saying several times that it levels the playing field. .No its a unfair advantage for Nw ohio.

Return to “Football”