You guys are funny!
Coach ain't going anywhere.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan is at a crossroad

Post by loganlocos »

Thanos wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pmWheaties????
Usually I can keep up, but even I'm lost this time, LOL.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 pm
We had a picture on facebook of some of our kids on a Wheaties box on facebook during the season.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 pm You guys are funny!
Coach ain't going anywhere.
Have you talked to him lately? I have. Nothing is guaranteed.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan hire Penrod yet?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm I'm curious. Has Logan checked out who is coming out for football next year before making a decision on a coach contract ?
All I know is that there is a major announcement coming soon! :mrgreen:
Day two and nothing yet

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

yeah! what gives moon?

AT THE RESERVATION
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 am yeah! what gives moon?
All I know is that a reliable source close to the program said that there will be a major announcement coming soon! I would say more than likely b-4 the middle of January. :mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I will say only this. I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years. Because I have a limited history with Logan, some may look down on my opinion. That's the problem right there. 10 years ago, when Logan was moving into the new stadium, they had to add reserve seating because of the demand. Those days are gone. Last season I attended ONE game. My seats were empty the other 4. Yes, they were paid for so they generated revenue. I am seriously thinking through this next season. When I did attend, I noticed quite a few empty areas of the stadium. Does the demise of the SEOAL play a part in that? Possibly? Does the overall performance of the program have a part in it? Undoubtedly. But I think the bigger reason is the acceptance of a new standard by the community. If I had graduated from good old Logan, maybe I wouldn't think twice about renewing my tickets. And I know they're just kids playing a game. But I don't feel there is a passion for football there anymore. And doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. So I just ask this and expect no real answer......are we going to do the same thing going forward? My wallet is awaiting the answer.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:52 pm Logan hire Penrod yet?
Never going to happen.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 am I will say only this. I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years. Because I have a limited history with Logan, some may look down on my opinion. That's the problem right there. 10 years ago, when Logan was moving into the new stadium, they had to add reserve seating because of the demand. Those days are gone. Last season I attended ONE game. My seats were empty the other 4. Yes, they were paid for so they generated revenue. I am seriously thinking through this next season. When I did attend, I noticed quite a few empty areas of the stadium. Does the demise of the SEOAL play a part in that? Possibly? Does the overall performance of the program have a part in it? Undoubtedly. But I think the bigger reason is the acceptance of a new standard by the community. If I had graduated from good old Logan, maybe I wouldn't think twice about renewing my tickets. And I know they're just kids playing a game. But I don't feel there is a passion for football there anymore. And doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. So I just ask this and expect no real answer......are we going to do the same thing going forward? My wallet is awaiting the answer.
Lot of hard truth here.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm
loganlocos wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 pm
We had a picture on facebook of some of our kids on a Wheaties box on facebook during the season.
Thanks.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 am I will say only this. I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years. Because I have a limited history with Logan, some may look down on my opinion. That's the problem right there. 10 years ago, when Logan was moving into the new stadium, they had to add reserve seating because of the demand. Those days are gone. Last season I attended ONE game. My seats were empty the other 4. Yes, they were paid for so they generated revenue. I am seriously thinking through this next season. When I did attend, I noticed quite a few empty areas of the stadium. Does the demise of the SEOAL play a part in that? Possibly? Does the overall performance of the program have a part in it? Undoubtedly. But I think the bigger reason is the acceptance of a new standard by the community. If I had graduated from good old Logan, maybe I wouldn't think twice about renewing my tickets. And I know they're just kids playing a game. But I don't feel there is a passion for football there anymore. And doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. So I just ask this and expect no real answer......are we going to do the same thing going forward? My wallet is awaiting the answer.
Good post Dazed.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

How True, the product and performance on and off the field must be addressed soon or we will accept a less than winning attitude! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm I'm curious. Has Logan checked out who is coming out for football next year before making a decision on a coach contract ?
All I know is that there is a major announcement coming soon! :mrgreen:
day three and no announcement :?: :?: :?: :?:

12/06/17 :?:
12/07/17 :?:
12/08/17 :?:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Logan has changed quite a bit since I grew up there. Many families and their tree branches still live there. But overall, Logan has changed with lots of people who have moved in, attracted by cheaper cost of living to commute to Columbus, Lancaster, etc for work. Tradition is still there but with fewer natives around. I'll be the first to say that Logan infrequently comes up with a year where they are way down in wins. But to be non competitive , I can only recall the times where teacher strikes and bad boards produced that rare phenomenon . Logan, in its history, had only 4 Frosh who started and lettered. Then, recently you have 4 in ONE year. I have never seen that ANYWHERE , except where you see teams with 20 or fewer players and numbers force that to happen. Kids don't always come out for football, but when they do and then drop out, it's problematic. And I've said before, if kids do not. Like or respect their coach, or both, trouble always follows. There's lots of reg flags at Logan.

The question is, do you have enough people who care and are they willing to do what's called for if a careful review points to a problem ?

Have gun, will travel
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Plenty of 9th graders have went through football at Logan that could have played for the varsity. Just think the coaches might have been against it.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

We should do have to bring up 9th graders, almost all of them are not ready as of yet!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Awesome post Daze and very true! If your product is no good, nobody wants it.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:28 am We should do have to bring up 9th graders, almost all of them are not ready as of yet!
But college will play a 18 year old with 5th year seniors {22}...I know you are going to say ...but that is different :roll:

I didn't say bring up all of them...like you said ALMOST all of them...so in your own words you are saying some should be brought up as I stated above when saying 9th graders could have played.

Return to “Football”