2018 Ironton Head football coach

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

12gauge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm
Game day wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm Only thing I would say about the above statement is Ironton lost money this year in football. If that trend continues then we will see how important education is to the BOE.
For you think football is first and school is second is just plain dumb. Just a dumb statement smh
I’m not sure where Education became a part of this Football thread, Is there a problem with the Education system at Ironton? I don’t think there is. I was home the other day and there’s a sign saying Ironton recidved a Blue Ribbon award for Education.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pm
12gauge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm
Game day wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm Only thing I would say about the above statement is Ironton lost money this year in football. If that trend continues then we will see how important education is to the BOE.
For you think football is first and school is second is just plain dumb. Just a dumb statement smh
I’m not sure where Education became a part of this Football thread, Is there a problem with the Education system at Ironton? I don’t think there is. I was home the other day and there’s a sign saying Ironton recidved a Blue Ribbon award for Education.
He wasn’t referring to the education. He was just saying that the board would look a lot harder at the coaching situation if the stands weren’t getting filled up because football is generally the money maker for all athletics. Having people showing up is a big deal for the school district.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Special BOE meeting Tuesday to discuss contracts. This was in the Ironton Tribune Sunday. I heard they are looking at the Superintendent first and I hope they move on to others.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

so what is the actual situation now. I know the head coach was retained. any word on assistants or possible candidates.
I know the kids are still there to turn around the program, I just know it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I heard all the contracts are going to be looked at starting with the Super. If they don't get to the football contracts they will take them up the next meeting. This was straight from a BOE Member.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

coach knows wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 am I heard all the contracts are going to be looked at starting with the Super. If they don't get to the football contracts they will take them up the next meeting. This was straight from a BOE Member.
So basically it's status quo then, think this topic has run it's course and the Ironton faithful are just left to deal with it. I mean the longer you put stuff off tells me they're not interested in fixing it. So no matter how long the contracts are for, for the 2018 season my guess is that coaches are in place.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

The super is stepping down. Also the BOE said there are other contracts under review at this time. They will be discussed at the next BOE meeting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes somebody on facebook told me after july dean nance was not returning. and they are looking for a candidate to replace him. I really don't know anything about him, he was always friendly to me. steve kingery was the super when I took my kids into ironton. and then he retired and dean nance got hired. well good luck to him and ironton moving forward. I hope overall it leads to good changes for everybody involved.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

That is news to hear that happened last night. I hope they continue to review position at all levels.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes last night I'm told.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

yet another thread dominated by daddy coaches and butthurt alumni with an ax to grind

ho hum

irontons glory days have gone the way of the wooly mammoth

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Game day wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 am So I guess we should all just shut are mouths and watch the team that so many of us help build go down the toilet. Wrong 🙁
I can remember a time when all the Lawrence county coaches walked out of a clinic speech by Pope Bob because they were protesting the talent from their schools on his roster. Irontons problem isnt the coach. You guys need a new recruiting coordinator and a bigger budget.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT HOWIE.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironton baseball coach let go. Ironton is cleaning house it appears.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I SAW THAT ABOUT RED BURCHAM. GOTTA SAY I EXPECT HIM TO GO WITH HAMMER AT ROCK HILL IF ASKED. I MEAN I'VE NOT HEARD ANYTHING TO THAT AFFECT , JUST A GUT FEELING.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

:lol: :lol: What
Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm
Game day wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 am So I guess we should all just shut are mouths and watch the team that so many of us help build go down the toilet. Wrong 🙁
I can remember a time when all the Lawrence county coaches walked out of a clinic speech by Pope Bob because they were protesting the talent from their schools on his roster. Irontons problem isnt the coach. You guys need a new recruiting coordinator and a bigger budget.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm
BEST POST on this site EVER! So true as well!

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pmI’m not sure where Education became a part of this Football thread, Is there a problem with the Education system at Ironton? I don’t think there is. I was home the other day and there’s a sign saying Ironton recidved a Blue Ribbon award for Education.
That was from 2014.

http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Distri ... on-Schools

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

The BOE put all coaches on notice that their jobs would be under review along with their staffs. I asked was that an official announcement? No the 2 said but after the meeting Tuesday and what happened to the baseball coach they should all know now.

Return to “Football”