2018 Ironton Head football coach

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Game day wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:22 am BOE meeting tonight at the high school must be expecting a big crowd.
Keep us posted.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

If I hear anything I will let you know.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the people involved and those involved in any changes if they are made that there will be a smooth transition if anything happens.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Several kids spoke out about the head coach not having any discipline and kids cussing the coach with nothing being done. I believe his family spoke out and one player QB said that all the kids love him and want him back. If the cussing is going on and that is true then something should be done ASAP. I believe he has lost control of the team.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

sounds like things got interesting at the meeting last night.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Sounds like vass family is trying to save his job while all the playera dont like him or want him back but the qb.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Kids speaking at a board meeting makes ZERO sense to me. Are they gonna leave if they retain the coach? I guess my point is,if the parents of those kids would have addressed the situation it wouldn't bother me. But a parent sending his child to an open to the public board meeting to speak with adults about their coach,that isn't good at all. Burning bridges if you will. Personally I don't think there should be any child there,more less speaking. It blows my mind what these parents are thinking. Players cussing coaches? Back in the day kids\children were to be seen not heard. I only hope that the school board and the coaches have the childrens best intrests in mind
Last edited by 12gauge on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I saw somewhere on facebook where someone said that at the meeting that someone got sucker punched. if I remember right from what I read a board member sucker punched somebody, or vice versa. then with kids as 12 gauge said publically blasting coaches that should not even be at a meeting , then I don't think things are under control at all. or anywhere close. players cussing coaches sounds like it is not at all a rumor, but an actual problem. you get to this point of frustration with kids, coaches, board members, parents and a complete lack of control then the program and it's leadership are floundering very badly. it may be you have to gut the whole staff, kick kids off the team with discipline problems. deny certain people access to board meetings and just start out fresh with a new everything. set ground rules for parents and players and board members, and if you don't comply you're gone. and what parents are allowing kids to get by with these days woulda got your butt beaten at home back in our day.and that's true whether it sets funny in your throat or not. kids were afraid to do anything like this back in the day. if you can't see society falling apart not only at ironton but everywhere else in the world, better look around man. kids can't even write their names anymore and have their phones in their face all day long. ====================== I totally understand this does not apply to everyone, so everyone knows there are hard workers, players, parents,coaches. we understand not every kid is experiencing a lack of discipline. but if you are having this level of insubordination it's really bad. ========================== and worse yet, what coach in his right mind would want to step into this situation and take this situation over. prayers to the program and community, and I've never used this term before. but I've seen so many people say it. it does sound more and more like a dumpster fire. and it needs stopped and get a handle on it. somebody here has to be the bigger person and stop this. whether everybody involved needs canned er not. players, and coaches. I don't think for a minute these are just rumors, because the whole tri-state is talking about it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 am I saw somewhere on facebook where someone said that at the meeting that someone got sucker punched. if I remember right from what I read a board member sucker punched somebody, or vice versa. then with kids as 12 gauge said publically blasting coaches that should not even be at a meeting , then I don't think things are under control at all. or anywhere close. players cussing coaches sounds like it is not at all a rumor, but an actual problem. you get to this point of frustration with kids, coaches, board members, parents and a complete lack of control then the program and it's leadership are floundering very badly. it may be you have to gut the whole staff, kick kids off the team with discipline problems. deny certain people access to board meetings and just start out fresh with a new everything. set ground rules for parents and players and board members, and if you don't comply you're gone. and what parents are allowing kids to get by with these days woulda got your butt beaten at home back in our day.and that's true whether it sets funny in your throat or not. kids were afraid to do anything like this back in the day. if you can't see society falling apart not only at ironton but everywhere else in the world, better look around man. kids can't even write their names anymore and have their phones in their face all day long. ====================== I totally understand this does not apply to everyone, so everyone knows there are hard workers, players, parents,coaches. we understand not every kid is experiencing a lack of discipline. but if you are having this level of insubordination it's really bad. ========================== and worse yet, what coach in his right mind would want to step into this situation and take this situation over. prayers to the program and community, and I've never used this term before. but I've seen so many people say it. it does sound more and more like a dumpster fire. and it needs stopped and get a handle on it. somebody here has to be the bigger person and stop this. whether everybody involved needs canned er not. players, and coaches. I don't think for a minute these are just rumors, because the whole tri-state is talking about it.
sounds like Ironton is in complete chaos! wild west stuff; people punching other people at open meetings with CHILDERN there and actually involved in the meetings.....you people in that goofy town have much bigger problems than football. Sounds to me like you all are in dire need of real leadership in the whole school district....WOW!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

BigChuck wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:42 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 am I saw somewhere on facebook where someone said that at the meeting that someone got sucker punched. if I remember right from what I read a board member sucker punched somebody, or vice versa. then with kids as 12 gauge said publically blasting coaches that should not even be at a meeting , then I don't think things are under control at all. or anywhere close. players cussing coaches sounds like it is not at all a rumor, but an actual problem. you get to this point of frustration with kids, coaches, board members, parents and a complete lack of control then the program and it's leadership are floundering very badly. it may be you have to gut the whole staff, kick kids off the team with discipline problems. deny certain people access to board meetings and just start out fresh with a new everything. set ground rules for parents and players and board members, and if you don't comply you're gone. and what parents are allowing kids to get by with these days woulda got your butt beaten at home back in our day.and that's true whether it sets funny in your throat or not. kids were afraid to do anything like this back in the day. if you can't see society falling apart not only at ironton but everywhere else in the world, better look around man. kids can't even write their names anymore and have their phones in their face all day long. ====================== I totally understand this does not apply to everyone, so everyone knows there are hard workers, players, parents,coaches. we understand not every kid is experiencing a lack of discipline. but if you are having this level of insubordination it's really bad. ========================== and worse yet, what coach in his right mind would want to step into this situation and take this situation over. prayers to the program and community, and I've never used this term before. but I've seen so many people say it. it does sound more and more like a dumpster fire. and it needs stopped and get a handle on it. somebody here has to be the bigger person and stop this. whether everybody involved needs canned er not. players, and coaches. I don't think for a minute these are just rumors, because the whole tri-state is talking about it.
sounds like Ironton is in complete chaos! wild west stuff; people punching other people at open meetings with CHILDERN there and actually involved in the meetings.....you people in that goofy town have much bigger problems than football. Sounds to me like you all are in dire need of real leadership in the whole school district....WOW!!!
and some leadership within the homes.....unbelievable really!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Just curious, who on here actually went to the meeting and not spouting hearsay?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:46 am Just curious, who on here actually went to the meeting and not spouting hearsay?
Valid point.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

coach knows wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 am Several kids spoke out about the head coach not having any discipline and kids cussing the coach with nothing being done. I believe his family spoke out and one player QB said that all the kids love him and want him back. If the cussing is going on and that is true then something should be done ASAP. I believe he has lost control of the team.
You are at every board meeting so you know that the QB did not speak because he was told he couldn’t speak because he wasn’t signed in. So what you just posted is a lie! Is that as bad as cussing? I promise you that the boys on the football team cuss. I don’t know how people accuse and speak against someone when doing the same exact thing!

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Herdfan73 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 am Sounds like vass family is trying to save his job while all the playera dont like him or want him back but the qb.
You had 3 kids that spoke up against a coaching staff. One was a senior, one was a student that is leaving the school system and another that said he was not talking about coach Vass, but his assistants! Apparently there is a family that doesn’t want a child here because they can’t keep his name out of their mouth.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

12gauge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am Kids speaking at a board meeting makes ZERO sense to me. Are they gonna leave if they retain the coach? I guess my point is,if the parents of those kids would have addressed the situation it wouldn't bother me. But a parent sending his child to an open to the public board meeting to speak with adults about their coach,that isn't good at all. Burning bridges if you will. Personally I don't think there should be any child there,more less speaking. It blows my mind what these parents are thinking. Players cussing coaches? Back in the day kids\children were to be seen not heard. I only hope that the school board and the coaches have the childrens best intrests in mind
I can promise you these boys cuss! If parents would do a little investigation they would know a whole lot more that goes on!

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

No one was sucker punched at the board meeting. Go back on facebook and read what the guy posted. That's how stuff gets blown out of proportion smh

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

12gauge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm No one was sucker punched at the board meeting. Go back on facebook and read what the guy posted. That's how stuff gets blown out of proportion smh
That’s what Tiger Bait likes to do! Post hear say and then turn it around about how he coached or how he Disciplined his own children. For the most part these are great boys!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Kleao wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 pm
12gauge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 pm No one was sucker punched at the board meeting. Go back on facebook and read what the guy posted. That's how stuff gets blown out of proportion smh
That’s what Tiger Bait likes to do! Post hear say and then turn it around about how he coached or how he Disciplined his own children. For the most part these are great boys!
I agree most of them are good kids and have bad examples in front of them that allow certain players do do what they want.

One of the coaches leaving is sending txt to kids asking them to leave Ironton. This is a mess and it’s all around one family that is finally not getting their way.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm
Kleao wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 pm
I agree most of them are good kids and have bad examples in front of them that allow certain players do do what they want.

One of the coaches leaving is sending txt to kids asking them to leave Ironton. This is a mess and it’s all around one family that is finally not getting their way.
I know one of the parents of one of the kids was encouraging a student to lie to the principal about a situation about his son bullying another kid! So yes that is a very poor example for kids! I just wish if people are going to talk and bad mouth a person that it’s not lies or the story embellished to make it bigger than it is!

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Sounds like a lot of turmoil and dysfunction going on in tigertown.

Return to “Football”