2018 Ironton Head football coach

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Herdfan73 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am
Herdfan73 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:31 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:21 am without sounding redundant. who does the ironton fighting tiger football community want as their next head coach. are there any names that can be shared who are in the selection process. what's the big secret. it's not like this is not in the news. it would seem like some candidates could be presented to root for, maybe in the ironton tribune. -------------------- personally I think it's very interesting and big news for the ironton community.
Really you don't know they want?

1. Bob Lutz
2. Mark Lutz
3. Triplet
4. Mark Snyder but I think people realized that's not gonna happen when he took a job at fsu.
well it would appear herd, that a several of these are either retired, or elsewhere employed.
Yea I know they are employed or retired but that don't mean they can't want them. Wanting someone and them actually getting someone is two different things. You asked who they wanted not who applied or wants the job

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

This is not our grandfather's Ironton, the faster we all move on the better.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Are there people who actually believe that Mark Snyder would come back to coach HS football in Ironton?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

madpolecat wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 pm Are there people who actually believe that Mark Snyder would come back to coach HS football in Ironton?
No, that was just a joke lol

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm
madpolecat wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:05 pm Are there people who actually believe that Mark Snyder would come back to coach HS football in Ironton?
Hard to tell on here sometimes, ya know?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

madpolecat wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:20 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Hard to tell on here sometimes, ya know?
For sure!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Herdfan73 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 am
Herdfan73 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Really you don't know they want?

1. Bob Lutz
2. Mark Lutz
3. Triplet
4. Mark Snyder but I think people realized that's not gonna happen when he took a job at fsu.
well it would appear herd, that a several of these are either retired, or elsewhere employed.
Yea I know they are employed or retired but that don't mean they can't want them. Wanting someone and them actually getting someone is two different things. You asked who they wanted not who applied or wants the job
I know friend, just jokin with ya.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Herdfan73 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 am

I know friend, just jokin with ya.
It's all good friend I can tell by your posts on here you got a good heart and seem like a nice guy. I really think they should move on from vass tho even if they just hire a place holder for a year. To get someone they truly want

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just hope they get the right fit for the program and get ironton back on track and get football Friday nights rocking again at the tank, and winning championships, and beating their longtime rivals.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

It’s time to pull the posting down and start the interviewing!

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

When do interviews begin?

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

I’ve heard that the Pendleton kid from west Portsmouth applied. What’s your take on that? Also Kaskey will never leave wheelersburg unless it was for a college job, I’m sure wheelersburg knows who will be woodwards successor. I would say he (Woodward)will leave soon for a college gig.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

very possible. I thought the same thing about an oc leaving burg for ironton. but that would have been a great move. even if he had no head coaching experience. he has the burg offense humming.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is trevon Pendleton a grad assistant anywhere. he is a hardnosed kinda guy, could be a good fit. plus what he learned from mark dantonio at Michigan state, one of the most experienced and successful coaches in the nation. every coach has to start somewhere.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm is trevon Pendleton a grad assistant anywhere. he is a hardnosed kinda guy, could be a good fit. plus what he learned from mark dantonio at Michigan state, one of the most experienced and successful coaches in the nation. every coach has to start somewhere.
He was coaching at West this past year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jeep/pirate wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 am I’ve heard that the Pendleton kid from west Portsmouth applied. What’s your take on that? Also Kaskey will never leave wheelersburg unless it was for a college job, I’m sure wheelersburg knows who will be woodwards successor. I would say he (Woodward)will leave soon for a college gig.
I would be really surprised if Pendleton applied. I'm assuming you are talking about Jerrod.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm is trevon Pendleton a grad assistant anywhere. he is a hardnosed kinda guy, could be a good fit. plus what he learned from mark dantonio at Michigan state, one of the most experienced and successful coaches in the nation. every coach has to start somewhere.
I would say they are talking about his brother Jerrod.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I also heard Trevon Pendleton did apply. That would be very intriguing hire. Wonder who he would get on his staff at Ironton? make no mistake about it. I read where he and his brother coached at West last year and they went from BAD to pretty good in only one season. Not saying it was just these guys but it sure does look like quite the coincidence. Ironton needs young new blood and this may just be the guy to turn the most dominant program in Southern Ohio historically back into a football factory.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

Coach Pendleton did apply and would no doubt bring along his brother. I have heard nothing but positive comments about their work and demand for discipline and respect. This could be what Ironton needs so badly and has been sorely missing in the recent past. I could envision innovative coaching and ideas carried to the Tigers from his career at Michigan State.
A lingering question is if he would need to fit into the Ironton faculty somewhere?
It is time for Ironton to focus on the future and let past achievement be just what it is, history.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

West's current coach was born and raised in the Columbus area. What happens if Pendleton is hired and soon the West job opens up? He has quite a business started down there working players out. Same with Kaskey Wheelersburg.

Ironton isn't an easy job. Unrealistic expectations that noone can live up to. Ironton needs a coach with some head coaching experience and you would think with their facilities and history they could entice someone.

Return to “Football”