2018 Ironton Head football coach

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fry I agree to some extent.there are still teams that use one scheme and win titles, but they are few and far between. ironton just had superior training back then and out muscled people.and the starters basically played the whole game. and they won with a superior weight training and off season conditioning. they got more out of the athletes they had.not to mention a rock star coaching staff. but everybody has that now as far as facilities, weight rooms and schemes, it's who gets more out of it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there is no way it doesn't predominately come down to coaching.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I heard that a coach from Kentucky will be the next coach. But that is just rumors at this point, if that is the case they must be trying to open a teaching position up.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Funny how people think that because team don’t line up in the I they are a spread passing offense, look across the river those teams spread you out and run the ball , they pass it probably 10 times a game most of those are quick outs and more like a long handoff but perception is reality I guess

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Coach from Kentucky would be Fred Ray from Fairview or Scott grizzle from greenup that’s the only 2 that’s been interviewed

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

The only thing I question is the Ironton process in hiring a new coach. I heard that only 2 people did the interviewing and one was the AD. I think the AD is big problem with the Ironton programs in general! The other person was on Vass's staff last year does not make a whole lot of sense. The board should have put a team of people together to do the interviewing do not leave this up to the AD. He is not interested in making Ironton football great again. Why would you say he is the basketball coach. He also stopped weight lifting during the off season of football one time and the school had to step in a call him on the carpet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

coach knows wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:01 am I heard that a coach from Kentucky will be the next coach. But that is just rumors at this point, if that is the case they must be trying to open a teaching position up.
which coach is that. I realize it may just be a rumor. but unsure who you are talking about.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4th and iches wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:24 am Coach from Kentucky would be Fred Ray from Fairview or Scott grizzle from greenup that’s the only 2 that’s been interviewed
oh okay, I didn't see that, sorry.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Game day wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 am The only thing I question is the Ironton process in hiring a new coach. I heard that only 2 people did the interviewing and one was the AD. I think the AD is big problem with the Ironton programs in general! The other person was on Vass's staff last year does not make a whole lot of sense. The board should have put a team of people together to do the interviewing do not leave this up to the AD. He is not interested in making Ironton football great again. Why would you say he is the basketball coach. He also stopped weight lifting during the off season of football one time and the school had to step in a call him on the carpet.
why in the sam hill would anybody stop the weight room training, that's absurd, (if true). you can't have football without weight training. no wonder we get blown off the ball.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

The AD is a big problem , your either gonna kiss his hind side or your out , Phil Rice understood the role of a basketball coach at Ironton he played with what he had and tried to hold on until the football players come out , it’s a football school that’s how it works the AD wants a basketball school he wants kids playing one sport not multiple he’s a cancer to the Ironton program

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:28 am
Game day wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 am The only thing I question is the Ironton process in hiring a new coach. I heard that only 2 people did the interviewing and one was the AD. I think the AD is big problem with the Ironton programs in general! The other person was on Vass's staff last year does not make a whole lot of sense. The board should have put a team of people together to do the interviewing do not leave this up to the AD. He is not interested in making Ironton football great again. Why would you say he is the basketball coach. He also stopped weight lifting during the off season of football one time and the school had to step in a call him on the carpet.
why in the sam hill would anybody stop the weight room training, that's absurd, (if true). you can't have football without weight training. no wonder we get blown off the ball.
You don't remember that it was all over this site and he was forced to open it up again.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

4th and iches wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:35 pm The AD is a big problem , your either gonna kiss his hind side or your out , Phil Rice understood the role of a basketball coach at Ironton he played with what he had and tried to hold on until the football players come out , it’s a football school that’s how it works the AD wants a basketball school he wants kids playing one sport not multiple he’s a cancer to the Ironton program
I agree 100%!!!

Greenbobcats3
Waterboy

Post by Greenbobcats3 »

Dan McDavid is gonna be the new head coach cnn confirmed it

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Greenbobcats3 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:34 pm Dan McDavid is gonna be the new head coach cnn confirmed it
He didn't apply for the job.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Word around the county is Ironton will be throwing it all over the yard in the near future. Not sure how the Ironton faithful will feel about that.

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

2thwzd wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:09 pm New coach or not, the kids have to want to play the game, just like basketball, why play for someone you do not like or respect? I've sat in the stands and listened to the Ironton basketball coach (and AD,which IMHO is a conflict of interest) speak to his players :o :o :o, I wouldn't play for that guy either, maybe the IBOE should just clean house, maybe that would attract new athletes to come play sports at Ironton again! Kids have changed, gotta attract them...
I totally agree with you on everything you have said.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:01 pm Word around the county is Ironton will be throwing it all over the yard in the near future. Not sure how the Ironton faithful will feel about that.
The basic fact remains no matter who gets hired or "stays". You have to fit the scheme to the kids you have, not the other way around. That's what happened to the Tigers last year, last few in fact. Then play the game and make adjustments as opportunities present themselves, not stand and watch the game and hope it somehow breaks in your favor.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

After hearing how the interview process was put together I think Ironton should have ask other schools their opinions. A person on last years staff should not be interview since last years coach is in the running.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Gone Country wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 pm
TOUGH wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:01 pm Word around the county is Ironton will be throwing it all over the yard in the near future. Not sure how the Ironton faithful will feel about that.
The basic fact remains no matter who gets hired or "stays". You have to fit the scheme to the kids you have, not the other way around. That's what happened to the Tigers last year, last few in fact. Then play the game and make adjustments as opportunities present themselves, not stand and watch the game and hope it somehow breaks in your favor.
absolutely. you may not have a team where you can throw it all over the yard, but still have a passing game. you may be a team that power running game better suits you. but you have to be able to do some of all of it. and like tough says be able to make adjustments and have the right people in the right places. and be disciplined enough to not shoot yourselves in the foot with 15 yarders and get off the field after 3rd down on defense.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

From what I understand the my want a coach in place by the first of April so all the guessing will be over soon

Return to “Football”