2018 Ironton Fighting Tigers The Pendleton Era

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pendleton - New Ironton Head Football Coach

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I consider anything positive, motivating, and fundamental FULL is how I see it. that's how far we have gotten from that. so as long as positive things are happening and being made in the right direction, then things will get closer to being back to normal. who cares about anything to do with the burg. we have to fix our house 1st.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Why don't everyone sit back and see how this season unfolds. Try not to speculate. Going to be tough to try to win game one but if the team shows a competitive game, then it might get interesting.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Read one of the articles in the paper that said there were over 40 guys in the weight room. Those are pretty good numbers this time of the year for any program. I also heard he is close to finalizing his coaching staff. There is a definite difference around town amongst the Tiger Faithful. This hire has created a buzz I haven’t seen here since Ironton was playing for State titles.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hopefully that is back in play tough. gotta break eggs to make an omelette. my 1st goal would be win our out of conference games. win the ovc, have a winning season and make the playoffs

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have been telling everybody all along the horses are still there. you just need the right person/people cracking the whip and steering the stagecoach. and you will see that happen now.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

baseball was a absolute mess and I don’t think Travis handled things well , but the attitudes could very easily carry over to football if changes aren’t made

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

If there’s an attitude problem, I don’t think they will be apart of the program with this coaching staff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

somebody needs to instill discipline again. and it starts at the very top. if fans see that I spect they'll be thankful. and I think trevon is the man to do just.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:26 am somebody needs to instill discipline again. and it starts at the very top. if fans see that I spect they'll be thankful. and I think trevon is the man to do just.
I agree Bait discipline will be a key component also keeping the negativity out and off the team.
I also think the wrestling program should be reinstated to the betterment of the players that do not play winter sports.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

maniac -- I think they currently have wrestling. don't worry. if I'm wrong you can bet someone will correct me. but I think they have it back. and I know they are doing it again at the lower levels. because I know some young'uns involved. not sure what the numbers are involved. but glad to see it coming back. I don't like how they push just one sport now for kids. generally we all played 3 sports. I did football, track, and wrestling before hurting my knee. and lifted weights every day.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

maniac66 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:43 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:26 am somebody needs to instill discipline again. and it starts at the very top. if fans see that I spect they'll be thankful. and I think trevon is the man to do just.
I agree Bait discipline will be a key component also keeping the negativity out and off the team.
I also think the wrestling program should be reinstated to the betterment of the players that do not play winter sports.
a football player that wrestles will be in year round shape......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Bait, I don't like the push for just one sport either. Let kids be kids. Not everyone is going to go Pro, actually very few kids go pro. Parents get all caught up in thinking their kid is all world and they force them to pick one sport. I don't like all the travel ball and playing the sport year round. Playing multiple sports makes for more well rounded athletes. And lets face it, sometimes kids just need a break, they get burnt out playing the same sport all year long. Hopefully its just a trend and it will cycle back around to where kids are playing multiple sports again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree transplant. you look at any great athletes that have come from the ironton system , they just about all played multiple sports. weights should be implemented in any sport. I know you don't want your point guard or ace pitcher benching 400. but there are multiple forms of weight training for any sport, and it keeps young'uns busy, in shape. and offers multiple opportunities for scholarships. how many times you watch a college game and hear them say that the sport that they are actually participating in , that it wasn't even their best or favorite sport. and multiple abilities at various sports is looked at and scrutinized heavily by college coaches. think how track could help a receiver who is a sprinter, a qb that's a pitcher, a lineman or back who's a wrestler. there is a reason they offer multiple sports.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Exactly. And to get back on topic, I think Pendelton's workouts will be designed to develop more athletic players, not just stronger athletes. who cares if a kid can bench X amount and squat X amount. If he has no flexibility or range of motion and cant run down the field it doesn't matter. I know of a few kids from this area that go to his gym or whatever you call it. They enjoy it and are seeing improvements.

Jeep/pirate
Waterboy

Post by Jeep/pirate »

If you dig deep in previous forums I was the first to mention him as a candidate for this job. I’m just super curious of how big a mess ironton really is? I always thought of them as a Tri state power house when it comes to football and you need some special credentials to land a job like that. I read the write up in the paper and couldn’t believe the article was so inaccurate. Let’s start by saying by no means did he ever have a “ brief stint” with the Baltimore ravens. Secondly the West program has a junior senior to be class that has dominated the local youth football area since they were pee wee. By no means did he turn that program around or have anything to do with it. When that class came to high school they turned it around. Do you know him and his brother never held a actual coaching title last year? Complete conspiracy. They were helpers, I have two nephews still on the team, neither Pendleton attended every practice on a regular. He was a very successful football player and so was his brother, but I’m badazalled on how these write ups were published without some proof. I wish ironton all the luck with their new head coach because one thing I know he will bring is energy and hard work but idk about bringing a offense and a defensive game that is any better than they had. IMO ironton better hope he has some help on the way with him. Not players I mean coaching.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Jeep/pirate wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:51 pm If you dig deep in previous forums I was the first to mention him as a candidate for this job. I’m just super curious of how big a mess ironton really is? I always thought of them as a Tri state power house when it comes to football and you need some special credentials to land a job like that. I read the write up in the paper and couldn’t believe the article was so inaccurate. Let’s start by saying by no means did he ever have a “ brief stint” with the Baltimore ravens. Secondly the West program has a junior senior to be class that has dominated the local youth football area since they were pee wee. By no means did he turn that program around or have anything to do with it. When that class came to high school they turned it around. Do you know him and his brother never held a actual coaching title last year? Complete conspiracy. They were helpers, I have two nephews still on the team, neither Pendleton attended every practice on a regular. He was a very successful football player and so was his brother, but I’m badazalled on how these write ups were published without some proof. I wish ironton all the luck with their new head coach because one thing I know he will bring is energy and hard work but idk about bringing a offense and a defensive game that is any better than they had. IMO ironton better hope he has some help on the way with him. Not players I mean coaching.

Sounds like your a little Butt Hurt over the hire..

Credentials??? This guy has as much credentials as any coaching hire in Southern Ohio in last 25 years. Just because he’s young doesn’t mean he isn’t qualified. He’s played at a level much higher than 99.9% of Southern Ohio has played at and if you read articles on him which it doesn’t sound like you do the coaching staff at MSU mentions him as having the Highest football IQ. Also there is articles done by Baltimore Ravens beat writers stating Pendleton did sign with Ravens and got hurt in pre season camp (I’ll prove later you don’t know what your taking about). Fo do know West went 3-7 the year before with basically the same team and turned it around to 9-1. By no means do I believe it was all Pendleton but I guarantee you he had something to do with it. Also, pee wee, junior high doesn’t correlate to High School. If that was the case Coal Grove would be the best program in Southern Ohio every year. I think your just a little jealous of the guy myself. I will say this with 100% certainty as I’m from Ironton and talking to the people that hired him and is around him at the School every day couldn’t be more excited about the hire and said look out cause this guy is going to do great things here. I think your going to be surprised in the very near future with our program.

https://spartanavenue.com/2016/05/01/br ... re-ravens/

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... man-moment

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Jeep/pirate wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:51 pm If you dig deep in previous forums I was the first to mention him as a candidate for this job. I’m just super curious of how big a mess ironton really is? I always thought of them as a Tri state power house when it comes to football and you need some special credentials to land a job like that. I read the write up in the paper and couldn’t believe the article was so inaccurate. Let’s start by saying by no means did he ever have a “ brief stint” with the Baltimore ravens. Secondly the West program has a junior senior to be class that has dominated the local youth football area since they were pee wee. By no means did he turn that program around or have anything to do with it. When that class came to high school they turned it around. Do you know him and his brother never held a actual coaching title last year? Complete conspiracy. They were helpers, I have two nephews still on the team, neither Pendleton attended every practice on a regular. He was a very successful football player and so was his brother, but I’m badazalled on how these write ups were published without some proof. I wish ironton all the luck with their new head coach because one thing I know he will bring is energy and hard work but idk about bringing a offense and a defensive game that is any better than they had. IMO ironton better hope he has some help on the way with him. Not players I mean coaching.

Credentials??? This guy has as much credentials as any coaching hire in Southern Ohio in last 25 years. Just because he’s young doesn’t mean he isn’t qualified. He’s played at a level much higher than 99.9% of Southern Ohio has played at and if you read articles on him which it doesn’t sound like you do the coaching staff at MSU mentions him as having the Highest football IQ. Also there is articles done by Baltimore Ravens beat writers stating Pendleton did sign with Ravens and got hurt in pre season camp (I’ll prove later you don’t know what your taking about). Fo do know West went 3-7 the year before with basically the same team and turned it around to 9-1. By no means do I believe it was all Pendleton but I guarantee you he had something to do with it. Also, pee wee, junior high doesn’t correlate to High School. If that was the case Coal Grove would be the best program in Southern Ohio every year. I think your just a little jealous of the guy myself. I will say this with 100% certainty as I’m from Ironton and talking to the people that hired him and is around him at the School every day couldn’t be more excited about the hire and said look out cause this guy is going to do great things here. I think your going to be surprised in the very near future with our program.

I hate disrupt your man crush but there are some things you need to consider.

1. He has Zero head coaching credentials.
2. He was Ironton's third choice. Hard to say that everyone was on board.

Having said that, everything I have heard about him has been positive. Even that doesn't make him an instant success. I think in season three will most people know how Ironton will be.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

wobycat wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:32 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1663708">1663708</a> time=<a href="tel:1525389854">1525389854</a> user_id=13571]
[quote=Jeep/pirate post_id=<a href="tel:1663705">1663705</a> time=<a href="tel:1525387910">1525387910</a> user_id=13900]
If you dig deep in previous forums I was the first to mention him as a candidate for this job. I’m just super curious of how big a mess ironton really is? I always thought of them as a Tri state power house when it comes to football and you need some special credentials to land a job like that. I read the write up in the paper and couldn’t believe the article was so inaccurate. Let’s start by saying by no means did he ever have a “ brief stint” with the Baltimore ravens. Secondly the West program has a junior senior to be class that has dominated the local youth football area since they were pee wee. By no means did he turn that program around or have anything to do with it. When that class came to high school they turned it around. Do you know him and his brother never held a actual coaching title last year? Complete conspiracy. They were helpers, I have two nephews still on the team, neither Pendleton attended every practice on a regular. He was a very successful football player and so was his brother, but I’m badazalled on how these write ups were published without some proof. I wish ironton all the luck with their new head coach because one thing I know he will bring is energy and hard work but idk about bringing a offense and a defensive game that is any better than they had. IMO ironton better hope he has some help on the way with him. Not players I mean coaching.

[/quote]

I hate disrupt your man crush but there are some things you need to consider.

1. He has Zero head coaching credentials.
2. He was Ironton's third choice. Hard to say that everyone was on board.

Having said that, everything I have heard about him has been positive. Even that doesn't make him an instant success. I think in season three will most people know how Ironton will be.
[/quote]

Rob woodward had zero head coaching credentials when he was hired.
Johnson at West was a first time head coach.

Give me a break guys, you do realize at one time Urban Meyer and Nick Saban were also first time head coaches. The guy will be fine. The only reason he wasn’t the top choice is HC experience. That came right out of the mouth of the man recommending to the board. He blew them away on the interview or they wouldn’t even had gave him a thought. His credentials is also the reason he got an interview when 30 other guys didn’t, many with head coaching experience. That’s alright though. I’d keep underestimating the guy too. From reading the articles that doesn’t sound like a wise thing to do.

Bob Lutz wasn’t the first choice when he got hired either and we all know how that turned out.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I think he will do fine if he is given the time. I wouldn’t be as concerned that this is his first head coaching job but it would worry me that I think he has only had 1 year coaching experience period. Someone mentioned Woodward, he was an assistant in college for a year, asst at Gallia a year and an asst at burg for 5 years before he became a head coach. I know Johnson coached under his dad for a while but not sure how long.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

Kinda comical to read some of the posts on here. Some are sincere some are wanna be coaches some have moved their kids elsewhere because of the leadership (or lack of) Ironton has had the last few years. Some have multiple handles and take opposing sides of the same issue. Those that have left want to see Ironton fail at all cost and those are the most humurous.
Fact is we hired a coach and new staff that has some solid potential and background that might be just the correct recipe for success. The kids are excited, the fan base is rejuvenated and we are happy with how it's going so far.
Thankfully, games ain't won or lost on social media but you must admit it's entertaining.

Return to “Football”