Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm So who will score the first TD of the game and how will it happen? Predictions?
The first TD, depends on who gets the ball first. Ironton runs it in for a TD or the Burg passes for a TD.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

TOUGH wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 am Also all the stuff he’s saying about being the best program around is TRUE... historically

Can you guys tell me if Burg has ever had any of these compared to Ironton.

NFL HALL OF FAMER
Numerous D1 players/ who was burgs last one?
State championship appearances
Regional championships
Program wins
NFL ALL PRO
Winningest Coach in Ohio football history
Record vs Wheelersburg

Fact of the matter is Ironton went through its toughest patch of Football in its history last 7-8 years and they still had good teams. Now it’s time to turn the ship back around and get it heading back on course.

WE HAVE AN AWARD WINNING 4-H FARMER
NUMEROUS FORTNITE PLAYERS/When was Ironton's last one?
State Fair appearances (83 Burg Marching band comes to mind, WOW, they were good)
Greater Portsmouth REGIONAL airport (it’s close enough to claim)
Programs to sell (seems like we never can get rid of em)
NFL SUNDAY TICKET
Winningest Coach in Burg Pee Wee History
Record vs 8 Track? I will go with 8 track
Oh, and we are hiring a lock smith for that gate!! I mean , what if there was a fire? Safety first!!

Come on man, any true football fan, including Burg fans RESPECT the history of Ironton football. As well as the history of Portsmouth football. We also respect our history. But, I’m also old enough to remember when the Cleveland Browns were good.

Fact of the matter is we are in present day and all the TALK is wearing me out. But since we are talking. Here are some recent facts.
Fact of the matter is, this senior group at BURG is 30-0 in their regular season career
Fact of the matter is, this senior group at BURG is 40-2 overall including playoffs
Fact of the matter is, this senior group are defending DV Ohio Football State Champions.
Friday night, August 24th. We will show up …if our jerseys come in...still not sure on that. Heard we ordered new ones but are on back order. So, not sure if we can wear practice jerseys or what? I guess worst case scenario we could get the flags from our 3rd and 4th grade and play an old fashioned flag football contest. But, if we do that , I’m not sure of all the rules so it would be sort of boring to watch.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm So who will score the first TD of the game and how will it happen? Predictions?
The hedgehog with a pick 6.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

This game will end with a running clock. Mark my words. I tried to tell Ironton fans a couple of years ago Ashland and Russell would both beat them when they were spouting how down those two teams were pre-season. Ironton does not have the horses. Especially up front where it matters the most. The only difference I see that this years game will bring is that Ironton will be better conditioned. Other than that, they don't have the speed in the secondary nor the guys in the trenches to handle Burg's receiving corp or line. Ironton's Salyers will not get to set his feet. He will be running all night long when he drops back to pass which will be often because Ironton will not run the ball on Burgs D. Burg will move the ball through the air at will. No one will be able to stay with Tanner just like last year. It is the same kids for Ironton in the secondary. Nothing has changed from a personnel stand point. I don't care if Lou Holtz were coaching Ironton, the talent is just at different levels.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

4th and iches wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm Ironton can’t have a website , they can’t put 3 W’s together
that made me laugh. now I had heard that about Michigan football before. but not ironton. all I can say is it's a good thing we didn't have social media from 1972 to 2007, cause the burgites would have 3 whole wins to talk about. in fact they considered naming the new turf at the burg stadium BOB LUTZ'S PLAY GROUND. because he owned the burg. and as far as clueless, what were we talking about again. JUST GLAD TO BE TALKING FOOTBALL AGAIN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Fan Friday wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:26 am
Fan Friday wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:29 pm :evil:

It is Coach Trevon and his brother. And saying things like he was God’s choice really makes you look ignorant. Coach Trevon is a great coach and these boys are excited and training hard, but I really doubt that God gives too much thought about Ironton Football. But as usual you talk about things you really don’t know much about.

if you don't understand God, THEN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. I GUESS YOU'RE SAYING GOD had no idea who was coming to ironton. he'd know when we all found out. I can appreciate the fact that , that may well be the case. but you calling me ignorant is humerous. GOD WOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE HE WAS BORN.i wasn't tryin to turn this into the 700 club here. I just made a statement. I have said nothing offensive to you. or any individual here. I just shared my observation. just once I'd love to see someone else beside myself apologize here. but it ain't needed, or expected.
You make Tiger fans look like idiots with the ignorant things you say all the time! You apologize all the time because you are always saying something stupid. You think that you are in the know of all things in Ironton and you really know NOTHING! Just stick to supporting the team and if you don’t know something just don’t comment on it. That easy!
thanks fan. you da man.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Buramgerdin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 am This game will end with a running clock. Mark my words. I tried to tell Ironton fans a couple of years ago Ashland and Russell would both beat them when they were spouting how down those two teams were pre-season. Ironton does not have the horses. Especially up front where it matters the most. The only difference I see that this years game will bring is that Ironton will be better conditioned. Other than that, they don't have the speed in the secondary nor the guys in the trenches to handle Burg's receiving corp or line. Ironton's Salyers will not get to set his feet. He will be running all night long when he drops back to pass which will be often because Ironton will not run the ball on Burgs D. Burg will move the ball through the air at will. No one will be able to stay with Tanner just like last year. It is the same kids for Ironton in the secondary. Nothing has changed from a personnel stand point. I don't care if Lou Holtz were coaching Ironton, the talent is just at different levels.
we might as well just stay home then , eh.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 am
4th and iches wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm Ironton can’t have a website , they can’t put 3 W’s together
that made me laugh. now I had heard that about Michigan football before. but not ironton. all I can say is it's a good thing we didn't have social media from 1972 to 2007, cause the burgites would have 3 whole wins to talk about. in fact they considered naming the new turf at the burg stadium BOB LUTZ'S PLAY GROUND. because he owned the burg. and as far as clueless, what were we talking about again. JUST GLAD TO BE TALKING FOOTBALL AGAIN.
I’m a Ironton fan and alum I just it was funny

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Ironton will have a nice set of strong backs and a very good QB. Their line and overall depth in rotation will cause them problems in this one.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 am
Buramgerdin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 am This game will end with a running clock. Mark my words. I tried to tell Ironton fans a couple of years ago Ashland and Russell would both beat them when they were spouting how down those two teams were pre-season. Ironton does not have the horses. Especially up front where it matters the most. The only difference I see that this years game will bring is that Ironton will be better conditioned. Other than that, they don't have the speed in the secondary nor the guys in the trenches to handle Burg's receiving corp or line. Ironton's Salyers will not get to set his feet. He will be running all night long when he drops back to pass which will be often because Ironton will not run the ball on Burgs D. Burg will move the ball through the air at will. No one will be able to stay with Tanner just like last year. It is the same kids for Ironton in the secondary. Nothing has changed from a personnel stand point. I don't care if Lou Holtz were coaching Ironton, the talent is just at different levels.
Idk about anyone else. But we all know you’re going to stay home.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I hope irontons kicker can put it through the end zone or it's up the pipe for the burg return team as soon as the game starts

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironton comes out pumped, hits a big play but the drive stalls. They settle for 3-0 lead and cheers for we're back will begin and the statue for Pendleton will start to be built. Only to see the dust settle and 3 is all is put on the board as Burg goes on to win 28-3. It's a hard fought moral victory for ironton but still a 0-1 start to the season. Something along those lines. :D

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 pm
Ironton comes out pumped, hits a big play but the drive stalls. They settle for 3-0 lead and cheers for we're back will begin and the statue for Pendleton will start to be built. Only to see the dust settle and 3 is all is put on the board as Burg goes on to win 28-3. It's a hard fought moral victory for ironton but still a 0-1 start to the season. Something along those lines. :D
You should right a book. I felt that. 😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironton’s QB can wing it. Strong strong arm

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree Ironman92.......that kid has a rocket of an arm.......type of arm strength if a receiver misjudged the ball and didn't catch it with his hands and let it hit him in the chest...I guarantee the football is going to knock the wind out of him :) man what a cannon he has

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 am
Idk about anyone else. But we all know you’re going to stay home.
actually the mrs. is off work on short term disability with heart problems right now. and wearing a 30day heart monitor, so they can decide what they need to do surgically. please pray for her. see sometimes things aren't always as they seem. words are hard to get back once said, or printed. sports are about fun, and congregating together, meeting friends from other teams n communities and forming friendships n alliances. not about rude behavior and chest thumping and vulgarities to other people not fans of your team. but if she remains off work. i'll have another driver to come with me. I've had 3 cornea transplants, and have cataracts that can't be addressed as of yet. and don't drive at night. so that is the reason I don't drive at night by myself. not that I have given up on fighting tiger football. and if I can't be there somehow, i'll be listening. but you already knew that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:48 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm What's impressive...Ironton 8 finals, 2 titles=25% success,...Burg, 2 finals, 2 titles=100% and the finals last year(best game I've ever witnessed)Burg down at the end of the game, refused to give up and marched down the field and won! The QB? well we all heard about and saw his determination! The same determination this entire team exudes! Concerning Burg vs. Ironton this year? I'll use a line from a legendary SEO coach, (Burg)..."We'll show up."
i agree 100%. that burg - eastwood state final was def the best game i've ever watched and i've seen some good one's since i started watching burg games in the early 90's. when they scored on us with 1:27 left in the game i actually started tearing up. i said to myself we can't lose like this. then when we hit bryson i knew then we was gonna go into ot. then when we scored i looked at a buddy and said we are either gonna win 21-20 or lose 22-21. i no sooner said that when they fumbled
it was an awesome nail biter of a game to watch dogg. blessed to have got to see it. proud of you guys.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Fan Friday wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:29 pm :evil:

It is Coach Trevon and his brother. And saying things like he was God’s choice really makes you look ignorant. Coach Trevon is a great coach and these boys are excited and training hard, but I really doubt that God gives too much thought about Ironton Football. But as usual you talk about things you really don’t know much about.

if you don't understand God, THEN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. I GUESS YOU'RE SAYING GOD had no idea who was coming to ironton. he'd know when we all found out. I can appreciate the fact that , that may well be the case. but you calling me ignorant is humerous. GOD WOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE HE WAS BORN.i wasn't tryin to turn this into the 700 club here. I just made a statement. I have said nothing offensive to you. or any individual here. I just shared my observation. just once I'd love to see someone else beside myself apologize here. but it ain't needed, or expected.
You make Tiger fans look like idiots with the ignorant things you say all the time! You apologize all the time because you are always saying something stupid. You think that you are in the know of all things in Ironton and you really know NOTHING! Just stick to supporting the team and if you don’t know something just don’t comment on it. That easy!
you must be from that one family. and that's sad, because I truly admire the parents. but if you ain't one of you all kids. in your opinion, you don't know anything about football, nobody does. and that goes for everybody.but believe me posters here have long since figured that out. and that's not how you were raised.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:08 am

you must be from that one family. and that's sad, because I truly admire the parents. but if you ain't one of you all kids. in your opinion, you don't know anything about football, nobody does. and that goes for everybody.but believe me posters here have long since figured that out. and that's not how you were raised.
See this is what I’m talking about! You look so dumb! You continue to put a family down that you don’t even know who I am! Not related to anyone you think I am. You are a joke on this site. You know nothing about these TIGERS, but yet you constantly post things that you hear. We have a great coach and you make Ironton look foolish with the things you say. I would LOVE too know what “family” you think I am? It’s embarrassing too see what you post sometimes.

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

most of us have seen how ytb acts at games so staying home is preferred! not exactly godly!!!

Return to “Football”