greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Piketon @ Wellston

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:15 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:19 pm

He was very much so joking
Shoooosh, trying to strike fear into Wellstone fans, ;)
You understand sarcasm about as well as you understand the Ohsaa's transfer rules! LOL " Believe it's at least 3 or 4 nights out of the week they need to be staying all night."
LOL, says the guy that watched Grooms not play. You do know that's it's a majority of the time correct?? Probably not because you've never talked to a parent with a transfer student, should try it sometime. Get out of your pee wee bubble and learn a little bit. What's even worse with Hudl, you guys actually think you can't get film on other teams, LOL. Still like Wellston in a close one at home.
Last edited by greygoose on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK2 0-1 Piketon @ 0-1 Wellston

Post by mattash »

Wellston by 10

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:46 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 pm
Shoooosh, trying to strike fear into Wellstone fans, ;)
You understand sarcasm about as well as you understand the Ohsaa's transfer rules! LOL " Believe it's at least 3 or 4 nights out of the week they need to be staying all night."
LOL, says the guy that watched Grooms not play. You do know that's it's a majority of the time correct?? Probably not because you've never talked to a parent with a transfer student, should try it sometime. Get out of your pee wee bubble and learn a little bit. What's even worse with Hudl, you guys actually think you can't get film on other teams, LOL. Still like Wellston in a close one at home.
Lets just break this down shall we? Piketon followed the guidelines and procedures set up by the Ohsaa concerning transferring.

No where on the Ohsaa's website under bona fide change of residency does it state you have to live in the new residence a majority of the time! There are multiple steps and rules concerning transferring under a change of residence, and no where does it say that! You are making yourself look very foolish on trying to debate this. Please visit www.ohsaa.org find the eligibility tab and click it then go down one space and click the Transfer Bylaw Resource Center, then go to the left hand side and click on the bona fide change of residence rules and learn.

Unless the administrator of the schools huddle account, many times the AD or head coach makes the video public can video be shared. You cannot just go to www.hudl.com and search for every schools video. You have to log on, meaning, you have to have the proper credentials to look at just YOUR teams video. The other school has to SHARE it with their upcoming opponent, Coach Lucas does not do that!

As for me getting out of my pee wee bubble, LOL!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:48 am

Lets just break this down shall we? Piketon followed the guidelines and procedures set up by the Ohsaa concerning transferring.

No where on the Ohsaa's website under bona fide change of residency does it state you have to live in the new residence a majority of the time! There are multiple steps and rules concerning transferring under a change of residence, and no where does it say that! You are making yourself look very foolish on trying to debate this. Please visit www.ohsaa.org find the eligibility tab and click it then go down one space and click the Transfer Bylaw Resource Center, then go to the left hand side and click on the bona fide change of residence rules and learn.

Unless the administrator of the schools huddle account, many times the AD or head coach makes the video public can video be shared. You cannot just go to www.hudl.com and search for every schools video. You have to log on, meaning, you have to have the proper credentials to look at just YOUR teams video. The other school has to SHARE it with their upcoming opponent, Coach Lucas does not do that!

:lol: :lol: Like I said you'll get there eventually, just have to talk to people is all, well someone who has transferred their child and dealt with administrators on it. Pretty sure they know the process. Then again you only post on Piketon and offer relatively no insight. Most teams have hudl you talk to a team that scrimmaged or played them and if you know the coach he sends you the film, it is incredibly difficult. You went to hudl and tried to search didn't you?? LOL. If you've got any more to add about the game willing to listen for the time being it's like I'm trying to teach an old dog new tricks, you know it can't be done. Good Luck to ya. ;)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:59 am

:lol: :lol: Like I said you'll get there eventually, just have to talk to people is all, well someone who has transferred their child and dealt with administrators on it. Pretty sure they know the process. Then again you only post on Piketon and offer relatively no insight. Most teams have hudl you talk to a team that scrimmaged or played them and if you know the coach he sends you the film, it is incredibly difficult. You went to hudl and tried to search didn't you?? LOL. If you've got any more to add about the game willing to listen for the time being it's like I'm trying to teach an old dog new tricks, you know it can't be done. Good Luck to ya. ;)
Only two possible reasons for these comments, either playing dumb trying to drag me down to your level, or are just that dumb! Still debating on which? :shock: :roll:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Only two possible reasons for these comments, either playing dumb trying to drag me down to your level, or are just that dumb! Still debating on which? :shock: :roll:

They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

mlittle wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:10 pm

No doubt! LOL

No, I have never dealt with transfers before! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

That right there is always the great debate when you wonder into the unknown. Still nothing on the game I see ;)

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:14 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:10 pm

No doubt! LOL

No, I have never dealt with transfers before! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Figured

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Still watching game film of Wellston and Jackson and a couple of other games on Hudl. Will give my insights into this game soon. Watched most of the first half, Jackson with early pick gave Wellston great field position to score but after that, Jackson kept Wellston pinned and that offense isn’t geared to go long fields and score, especially when facing a team like Jackson. The big kickoff return by Wellston to mid field was a good chance to score, it seemed like they had more success under center than in the gun. The biggest play of the first half was the spot pass by Jackson that the Wellston corner read perfectly, went for the pick and missed, Jackson catches it and gets first down. That would have been six but that’s football.

Jackson and Waverly two different looking teams, Jackson big and out of the I they pound you with traps, counters and play action, while Waverly has more speed and athletes on both sides than Jackson.

Wellston looked pretty good up front.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:25 pm Still watching game film of Wellston and Jackson and a couple of other games on Hudl. Will give my insights into this game soon. Watched most of the first half, Jackson with early pick gave Wellston great field position to score but after that, Jackson kept Wellston pinned and that offense isn’t geared to go long fields and score, especially when facing a team like Jackson. The big kickoff return by Wellston to mid field was a good chance to score, it seemed like they had more success under center than in the gun. The biggest play of the first half was the spot pass by Jackson that the Wellston corner read perfectly, went for the pick and missed, Jackson catches it and gets first down. That would have been six but that’s football.

Jackson and Waverly two different looking teams, Jackson big and out of the I they pound you with traps, counters and play action, while Waverly has more speed and athletes on both sides than Jackson.

Wellston looked pretty good up front.
That’s a solid breakdown from an all Ohio tackle, former AD, and one HELL of a pee wee football coach!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

That's a good assessment of the Jackson and Wellston game and how it played out. Question is how does Wellston and Piketon play out?? I've said I think they're fairly similar but Piketon wants to air it out more than Wellston does as playing behind the sticks isn't their game. Wellston started out strong against Jackson but couldn't sustain long drives that Jackson was going to make them have. I think 2 evenly matched teams up front if it was at Piketon I'd go with the streaks but on the road and Wellston typically gets a little love from the officials at home ;), I'm going with Wellston should be a good game though.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:48 pm That's a good assessment of the Jackson and Wellston game and how it played out. Question is how does Wellston and Piketon play out?? I've said I think they're fairly similar but Piketon wants to air it out more than Wellston does as playing behind the sticks isn't their game. Wellston started out strong against Jackson but couldn't sustain long drives that Jackson was going to make them have. I think 2 evenly matched teams up front if it was at Piketon I'd go with the streaks but on the road and Wellston typically gets a little love from the officials at home ;), I'm going with Wellston should be a good game though.
From what I’ve seen from Piketon and heard from Wellston this should be a good game! Piketon has a better run game than people think. Just so happens we were down by a million points in that game so we had to air it out. Also had to get our back the ball in space to help combat that Waverly speed (which he did at times) They also have a young line but if this game is close then they are more than capable of running the football and moving the chains. Can’t wait to see this one

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson has a Rebuilt Line with 1 player who has started in the past , 4 were making their first start . Jackson was gashing wellstons front on the ground . If piketon has a good ground game I think they’ll move the ball. However wellston does run the call well and gets going downhill. I’ll take wellston 27-20.
Go rockets!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I think this will be a great game. I like Wellston at home 21-14. Wellston will try to overpower Piketon and it'll work. Molihan is going to be a very solid back for the Golden Rockets.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I haven’t made a prediction because of my concerns with Piketon being able to stop the run but I’m gonna go with piketon in a close one with Galloway and Little having a break out game and the streaks taking a 1-1 record back to Piketon in a close 29-23 game!

Go streaks!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketons short and intermediate passing game will have more success against Wellston. Both teams will score, turnovers and untimely penalties will be a big factor.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

Wellston by 14

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

Both teams coming big losses to county rivals and quite possibly the best opponents either team will see all season. This one could be a good one. Go Streaks go get Waverly some 2nd level points, but...................Wellston always has a chance at home

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The bylaw further defines what it means to be a bona
fide resident of our state. Criteria, including but not limited to 1) where the parents and family members
sleep the majority of the time; 2) where mail is received; 3) where meals are prepared and eaten; 4) where
the parents are registered to vote; and 5) where important family activities take place a significant part of
each day.

So the word majority in number 1 is in your mind, 50 + % of the time? LOL This doesnt mean, live in 2 houses, and spend 50+% in the house you want your kids to go to school and play sports in. It is intended for kids to spend time away for whatever reason like visiting relatives, or spending time at friends houses etc! LOL, I was wondering where you got that majority from. That isnt the intent of the Ohass on majority!

Return to “Football”