Freshman Team

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by 123xxx »

I can tell

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

This game will do nothing, other than let them know they are not that good this year. Possible no playoffs this year. Giving up 50 points says it all. Madison would beat them badly.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Cavalieralum05 was spot on with saying Hartley would be bigger, faster , and stronger. I thought the same thing. What Cavalier doesn't understand is opinions and facts mean nothing to hard core Burg fans. They get butt hurt badly if you don't pump up Burg, and god forbid U say another team is better , they'll call you a troll for telling it like it is ..Like I said before this game. Games are won at the line of scrimmage. When Ironton made all their playoff runs in the past they played in a higher Div and always had tough regular season games, with not as many Div . What Ironton was able to do was a lot more impressive than what Burg has done ...Not really comparable. I remember Ironton playing Arch Bishop Carrol ranked top 20 in Country and beat them...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

donaldtrump wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:23 am Cavalieralum05 was spot on with saying Hartley would be bigger, faster , and stronger. I thought the same thing. What Cavalier doesn't understand is opinions and facts mean nothing to hard core Burg fans. They get butt hurt badly if you don't pump up Burg, and god forbid U say another team is better , they'll call you a troll for telling it like it is ..Like I said before this game. Games are won at the line of scrimmage. When Ironton made all their playoff runs in the past they played in a higher Div and always had tough regular season games, with not as many Div . What Ironton was able to do was a lot more impressive than what Burg has done ...Not really comparable. I remember Ironton playing Arch Bishop Carrol ranked top 20 in Country and beat them...
Did you or cavalier watch the game live?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:33 am
donaldtrump wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:23 am Cavalieralum05 was spot on with saying Hartley would be bigger, faster , and stronger. I thought the same thing. What Cavalier doesn't understand is opinions and facts mean nothing to hard core Burg fans. They get butt hurt badly if you don't pump up Burg, and god forbid U say another team is better , they'll call you a troll for telling it like it is ..Like I said before this game. Games are won at the line of scrimmage. When Ironton made all their playoff runs in the past they played in a higher Div and always had tough regular season games, with not as many Div . What Ironton was able to do was a lot more impressive than what Burg has done ...Not really comparable. I remember Ironton playing Arch Bishop Carrol ranked top 20 in Country and beat them...
Did you or cavalier watch the game live?
.......bigger......faster.....stronger.

Period.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Yes and it was a carbon copy of what Cavalieralum05 said it would be and what I thought it would be...What's so funny is Yabadabbadoo saying if not for the fumbles and interceptions were in the game basically. Those fumbles and interceptions happened for a reason...Bigger, faster, and stronger. Over past few years posters would say the same thing as why they lost to burg and you die hard Burgites would say those interceptions and fumbles happened for a reason...lol Karma ..I can go back and re-post several of them.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I won’t let Wobycat speak for all fans. 99.9% of posts since the game ended have been very nice to hear actually. It’s been a long time since burg fans have had to post since a loss and most have handled it with class and spoke honest opinions about the outcome

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

Poo bear,
We will see how the Ironmen do against the burg.
sarcasm, sarcasm out of you.
You still have the weakest team in 10 years there?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

callie15 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:20 am This game will do nothing, other than let them know they are not that good this year. Possible no playoffs this year. Giving up 50 points says it all. Madison would beat them badly.
That’s a bit harsh saying that we won’t make the playoffs or that madison will beat us bad just b/c we gave up 50 to hartley. They are a private school. I’ve been goin to burg games since I was in grade school and the only times I’ve seen us beat this bad is by a private school and it usually has been hartley. They have had our number the last few seasons. I would rather lose to a bigger school than blast teams for 10 wks then get blasted in the playoffs b/c we don’t play anyone.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Bring the Heat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:31 pm Poo bear,
We will see how the Ironmen do against the burg.
sarcasm, sarcasm out of you.
You still have the weakest team in 10 years there?

I haven’t watched the game but sounds like Burg was competitive . The score can be sometimes be misleading. Jackson usually competes well with burg but scores usually look bad . If Jackson does get smoked by burg it will be the same as the 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017 teams. Yes according to one Jackson “insider” this is the weakest team in the andy Hall era . But sometimes dads think when their kids leave the team couldn’t possibly be any good . You would think dads / fans would support the team after their little stars graduate. 2018 Ironmen will work hard and play hard each game. But yes I agree “weakest” team in 10 years

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

Couldn't agree with you more on supporting the team. That or don't comment at all.
This Jackson team in no where near the weakest in "Hall era", You and I both know that if you know football.
8 to 10 win team no doubt. All I would say is it would benefit them if they had a really good test before Burg.
You play who is scheduled though.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Bring the Heat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:10 pm Couldn't agree with you more on supporting the team. That or don't comment at all.
This Jackson team in no where near the weakest in "Hall era", You and I both know that if you know football.
8 to 10 win team no doubt. All I would say is it would benefit them if they had a really good test before Burg.
You play who is scheduled though.
Jackson schedule is tough in the backside. Burg , court and chilly are all very good and will be a challenge. Hillsboro is hard nosed as well . The “weakest” team isn’t my words . I would never ever , nor have I ever said that about any Jackson team. Suprised any Jackson fan would. Sad indeed

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:47 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:38 am
old benchwarmer wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:29 am
I realize that Wheelerburg usually makes the playoffs, with a good number of victories over schools at least their size or larger and that is great. But isn't the above statement a little premature.....besides being a prediction.
Nope as they will both be in the playoffs again. Madison has 2 blowout wins already with tons of returnees from last year and the Burg might possibly lose maybe 1 other game with their schedule IMO. It's gonna happen.
And just who is that loss gonna be too
I didn't say they would lose another one. I said " might possibly" and the only 2 games included in this scenario IMO only are Jackson or West but they'll both have to play a near perfect game to upset Burg so there is my 2 cents worth.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm I won’t let Wobycat speak for all fans. 99.9% of posts since the game ended have been very nice to hear actually. It’s been a long time since burg fans have had to post since a loss and most have handled it with class and spoke honest opinions about the outcome
Show me where I said burg was a better team after the game. Fact is burg did have moments in the game that proved they are talented. But they did have 4 turnovers and a dropped touchdown pass. Any burg fan knows we had to play precise football to win the game but but by no means were we man handled like you or any other non Burgfan would suggest. The score was ballooned but pirates did move the ball effectively and did force Hartley to punt a couple times in the game. You sir and the others are just jealous of burgs accomplishments and have used this platform to gloat. Laugh it up but it makes you look weak with that perception.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

I’m not sure many if any D5 schools compete with Hartley this year. They were the better team but take away a fake punt for td and the kickoff recovery to start 2nd half this would have been a closer game. Burg kids and coaches were outmanned but they never quit. Some people on here will rub it in because the teams they support can’t beat burg and that’s ok. Burgs going to be alright guys

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:22 pm I’m not sure many if any D5 schools compete with Hartley this year. They were the better team but take away a fake punt for td and the kickoff recovery to start 2nd half this would have been a closer game. Burg kids and coaches were outmanned but they never quit. Some people on here will rub it in because the teams they support can’t beat burg and that’s ok. Burgs going to be alright guys
My point exactly. Proud of burg for scheduling this game.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:22 pm I’m not sure many if any D5 schools compete with Hartley this year. They were the better team but take away a fake punt for td and the kickoff recovery to start 2nd half this would have been a closer game. Burg kids and coaches were outmanned but they never quit. Some people on here will rub it in because the teams they support can’t beat burg and that’s ok. Burgs going to be alright guys
Hartley is a good team. But their base enrollment before the multiplier is only 207. That would make them a D5 School before the competitive balance add on. When this happens to Wheelersburg the next few years are you gonna have the same excuses? Wheelersburg with all the transfers is no different than a private school.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TCat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:31 pm
Hartley is a good team. But their base enrollment before the multiplier is only 207. That would make them a D5 School before the competitive balance add on. When this happens to Wheelersburg the next few years are you gonna have the same excuses? Wheelersburg with all the transfers is no different than a private school.
Competitive balance is in play now so they are a 3 and burg is a 5. Didn’t realize saying Harley was the better team was an excuse :lol:
Your right hartleys drawing from all over the Columbus area is exactly the same as burg drawing from all over the huge metropolis of Scioto co :lol:

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Spin it how you want.

Wheelersburg needs to keep scheduling these types of teams because starting next year D4 is where you'll be

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TCat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:56 pm Spin it how you want.

Wheelersburg needs to keep scheduling these types of teams because starting next year D4 is where you'll be
What did you disagree with in my post?
Did you think Harley was better?
How many D5 schools do you think can beat Hartley this year?
Do you think the burg kids quit?
You don’t think people will rub this loss in a little bit?
Do you think burg will fall apart now with the loss?
Is CB not in place now?
Is Hartley not D3?
Is burg not D5?
Not sure what I’m spinning? If burg moves up they will move up and they will show up week in week out.

Return to “Football”