yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:33 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:01 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 am

You didn’t predict anything. You assumed

Hartley was bigger and faster overall. But they weren’t stronger. Burg put up some offensive yards and held them quite a few times defensively. Problem was they had so many explosive kids. Case in point, the fake 60 yard punt for td.

I’d say they were very athletic. Closing speed was off the charts.

Hartley will have problems with better d3 teams. Eventually they are going to have be disciplined to win. They didn’t show that.

Congrats to the Hawks on the win. I do believe Burg played just fine with them and you take away about 4-5 plays, 2 pick 6's, the fumble on the KO and another fumble that gave them a short field and this is a closer game. Both teams were tired late and it showed. Some good hitting going on out there last night. The hurry up really was hurting Hartley as they had to call a TO to catch there breaths

Burg will be fine the rest of the way. the o-line really stepped up last night and gave Trent plenty of time to throw. Lot of the sacks were coverage sacks and Trent just needs to learn to throw the ball away in that situation. Shouldn't be taking big losses when there is no one open.

The 60 yard fake punt was a HUGE play as Burg had the momentum and had them on the ropes and was wearing them down. The bad thing with that play was there was big hold, let me rephrase that, a HUGE tackle by the Hartley outside guy that kept the Burg defender from making the play, which he would have as he we heading right at the runner.

Sure they kept Holden out of the endzone, but they really had no one to cover him and he was able to get open quite easily all night. If he got by 24 he would literraly grab Tanner by the back of the jersey and it was called maybe once or twice. A guy on here had said that Hartley defenders are very "handsy" when it comes to pass defense and as long as you get away with it then why not do it.

Not blaming the refs at all for the Burg loss just thought Hartley got away with alot of holding. There line was huge but very slow and had trouble containing the Burg d-line. If Burg got by they would just grab. It's human nature for kids to do that. If it's not called then why not!!!

Wow , sounds like wheelersburg was just as good as Hartley .

Once again a Burg hater trying to stir up poop. I never said Burg was as good as Hartley but you take away those 4 plays and possibly 24 points it’s 27.21. Someone said Burg’s fumbled were caused by hard hitting. No they weren’t. They had two fumbles on the Qb-Rb exchange and the one on the kickoff. None of them were caused by the defense and two of them should have been recovered by Burg.

Like I said Burg will learn from this game and build off of it. Funny how people on here saying they might lose 2-3 more games. Most of the teams left on Burg’s schedule would struggle to even score against Hartley let alone put 20 points on the board.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:50 pm
TCat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:31 pm
JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:22 pm I’m not sure many if any D5 schools compete with Hartley this year. They were the better team but take away a fake punt for td and the kickoff recovery to start 2nd half this would have been a closer game. Burg kids and coaches were outmanned but they never quit. Some people on here will rub it in because the teams they support can’t beat burg and that’s ok. Burgs going to be alright guys
Hartley is a good team. But their base enrollment before the multiplier is only 207. That would make them a D5 School before the competitive balance add on. When this happens to Wheelersburg the next few years are you gonna have the same excuses? Wheelersburg with all the transfers is no different than a private school.
Competitive balance is in play now so they are a 3 and burg is a 5. Didn’t realize saying Harley was the better team was an excuse :lol:
Your right hartleys drawing from all over the Columbus area is exactly the same as burg drawing from all over the huge metropolis of Scioto co :lol:
If were voting here guys I think I would take the Cbus area over Scioto co

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:01 am

Congrats to the Hawks on the win. I do believe Burg played just fine with them and you take away about 4-5 plays, 2 pick 6's, the fumble on the KO and another fumble that gave them a short field and this is a closer game. Both teams were tired late and it showed. Some good hitting going on out there last night. The hurry up really was hurting Hartley as they had to call a TO to catch there breaths

Burg will be fine the rest of the way. the o-line really stepped up last night and gave Trent plenty of time to throw. Lot of the sacks were coverage sacks and Trent just needs to learn to throw the ball away in that situation. Shouldn't be taking big losses when there is no one open.

The 60 yard fake punt was a HUGE play as Burg had the momentum and had them on the ropes and was wearing them down. The bad thing with that play was there was big hold, let me rephrase that, a HUGE tackle by the Hartley outside guy that kept the Burg defender from making the play, which he would have as he we heading right at the runner.

Sure they kept Holden out of the endzone, but they really had no one to cover him and he was able to get open quite easily all night. If he got by 24 he would literraly grab Tanner by the back of the jersey and it was called maybe once or twice. A guy on here had said that Hartley defenders are very "handsy" when it comes to pass defense and as long as you get away with it then why not do it.

Not blaming the refs at all for the Burg loss just thought Hartley got away with alot of holding. There line was huge but very slow and had trouble containing the Burg d-line. If Burg got by they would just grab. It's human nature for kids to do that. If it's not called then why not!!!

Once again a Burg hater trying to stir up poop. I never said Burg was as good as Hartley but you take away those 4 plays and possibly 24 points it’s 27.21. Someone said Burg’s fumbled were caused by hard hitting. No they weren’t. They had two fumbles on the Qb-Rb exchange and the one on the kickoff. None of them were caused by the defense and two of them should have been recovered by Burg.

Like I said Burg will learn from this game and build off of it. Funny how people on here saying they might lose 2-3 more games. Most of the teams left on Burg’s schedule would struggle to even score against Hartley let alone put 20 points on the board.

Please show where I was stirring. I read your post , it seemed informative and sounded like burg was at least in the game .

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:24 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm

Please show where I was stirring. I read your post , it seemed informative and sounded like burg was at least in the game .
I thought the burg was done after the first score in second half after the kickoff recovery but it felt like a ballgame after the burg came back and closed it to 14. If the burg played out of their minds last night Hartley was still at least 2 tds better. The burg lost, life will go on in wheelersburg, burg will show up Friday against heath and be ready to play. It was a very physical game and burg seemed to come out healthy so that’s a good thing.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:21 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm I won’t let Wobycat speak for all fans. 99.9% of posts since the game ended have been very nice to hear actually. It’s been a long time since burg fans have had to post since a loss and most have handled it with class and spoke honest opinions about the outcome
Show me where I said burg was a better team after the game. Fact is burg did have moments in the game that proved they are talented. But they did have 4 turnovers and a dropped touchdown pass. Any burg fan knows we had to play precise football to win the game but but by no means were we man handled like you or any other non Burgfan would suggest. The score was ballooned but pirates did move the ball effectively and did force Hartley to punt a couple times in the game. You sir and the others are just jealous of burgs accomplishments and have used this platform to gloat. Laugh it up but it makes you look weak with that perception.

You got butt hurt when anyone said something about Burg going to lose it wasn’t offensive at all. I stated pure opinion and you threw out some bush league analogies that I tore about like a poor offensive game plan.
Keep saying I am “jealous” all you want but at the end of the day, i and others like Trump knew you were way out matched. You just can’t atand to hear that and it shows in your JUnior Varsity like posts.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hartley 459 yards
Burg 359 yards

Burg 4 turnovers.
Hartley 0 turnovers.

I’ll be the first to admit that I thought burg would have done better defensively. There was one pass on a third and long that burgs fastest defender got beat on. I knew then that burg couldn’t match their speed. Even said that they were able to get Hartley off the field a couple of times. Burgs d line is an area that is not on par with last year. They are decent but they aren’t near strength wise from last year. Which is ok. Just going to have to be tougher.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:34 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:21 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm I won’t let Wobycat speak for all fans. 99.9% of posts since the game ended have been very nice to hear actually. It’s been a long time since burg fans have had to post since a loss and most have handled it with class and spoke honest opinions about the outcome
Show me where I said burg was a better team after the game. Fact is burg did have moments in the game that proved they are talented. But they did have 4 turnovers and a dropped touchdown pass. Any burg fan knows we had to play precise football to win the game but but by no means were we man handled like you or any other non Burgfan would suggest. The score was ballooned but pirates did move the ball effectively and did force Hartley to punt a couple times in the game. You sir and the others are just jealous of burgs accomplishments and have used this platform to gloat. Laugh it up but it makes you look weak with that perception.

You got butt hurt when anyone said something about Burg going to lose it wasn’t offensive at all. I stated pure opinion and you threw out some bush league analogies that I tore about like a poor offensive game plan.
Keep saying I am “jealous” all you want but at the end of the day, i and others like Trump knew you were way out matched. You just can’t atand to hear that and it shows in your JUnior Varsity like posts.
No. You assumed we were outmatched before the snap of the game. If you would have posted that burg won’t win the game because you feel that Hartley will be a bigger and stronger in most positions, I wouldn’t have said anything. But you and some others shot off the mouth that burg as if burg was something to laugh about and there was no way they could handle them. That’s going to go through most Burg fans.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Nothing to be ashamed of burg fans, Hartley will make a strong playoff run in d3. Will this game be played next year?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:52 pm Nothing to be ashamed of burg fans, Hartley will make a strong playoff run in d3. Will this game be played next year?
Yes we play them at home next season. We also picked up paul blazer to replace heath wk three according to arbiter

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

I should clarify my post. These are the types of teams Wheelersburg will see in D4 unless they managed to run off enough band kids to stay D5

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Next year at your place is when you have the best chance to get them

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TCat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:33 pm I should clarify my post. These are the types of teams Wheelersburg will see in D4 unless they managed to run off enough band kids to stay D5

They can’t afford to run off anymore band kids. lol

Was Hartley the better team? Sure they were.

Did Burg shoot themselves in the foot a few times? Yes they did. I didn’t understand why it took the Burg staff so long to put Holden on one side and Mathews on the other side on the kickoffs. After they did ThAt Hartley kicked deep. That was an impressive kick though. Always got that great 2nd bounce.

Also, what was up with the field? Is the turf just wore out or is it a different kind of turf?

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Cav05, You ARE jealous and you come across as jr. varsity picking at burg every chance u get! “The Donald” talks about the great Ironton team that beat a top 20 in the country Wash. D.C. team? The difference between those teams and burg now? I was at that game against D.C. Bishop Carroll and the ALL hometown officiating crew was horrendous!!! That team couldn’t fart with a flag being thrown!🤣

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:52 pm Cav05, You ARE jealous and you come across as jr. varsity picking at burg every chance u get! “The Donald” talks about the great Ironton team that beat a top 20 in the country Wash. D.C. team? The difference between those teams and burg now? I was at that game against D.C. Bishop Carroll and the ALL hometown officiating crew was horrendous!!! That team couldn’t fart with a flag being thrown!🤣
Lolllllll
Bobbbb!!!!!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 pm Hartley by 2 TDs. No disrespect to Burg.

Just think they will run into a powerhouse that is bigger than their own powerhouse. That is all.
I should be ashamed about the amount of picking I do. Lol

Read what you want but that is pretty cut and dry. I’m a horrible antagonizer. Orrrrrr some people just can’t handle others opinions

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:43 pmAlso, what was up with the field? Is the turf just wore out or is it a different kind of turf?
It looks funny on TV after rain. It has had some wear. It's probably due to be replaced around 20-21 which is close to or beyond expected end of life. It's just regular all-purpose Field Turf. It's always been a bit shiny looking even when it was new. Not sure if we had to get the Big Lots version. People like to talk about "Catholic money," but we're not the kind of school that has that. The turf fundraiser was expected to take about 4-6 months, but it dragged on for nearly two years to get enough folks to cough up enough pennies to see it through.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Funniest play of the game was in third quarter when Hartley called one of those slow to develop inside delay traps and the QB nearly handed the ball to the incoming linebacker. The Pirate coaches in the press box were all screaming take the ball but the kid never saw it. He ran right past the opportunity.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am Hartley is bigger, faster, stronger in all aspects of the game....all.
Burg will be competitive, but a 7pt loss to Hartley should be a morale victory idc if you won state last year.
^^^
This

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:22 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:43 pmAlso, what was up with the field? Is the turf just wore out or is it a different kind of turf?
It looks funny on TV after rain. It has had some wear. It's probably due to be replaced around 20-21 which is close to or beyond expected end of life. It's just regular all-purpose Field Turf. It's always been a bit shiny looking even when it was new. Not sure if we had to get the Big Lots version. People like to talk about "Catholic money," but we're not the kind of school that has that. The turf fundraiser was expected to take about 4-6 months, but it dragged on for nearly two years to get enough folks to cough up enough pennies to see it through.

Thanks I figured it was an older turf.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:42 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am Hartley is bigger, faster, stronger in all aspects of the game....all.
Burg will be competitive, but a 7pt loss to Hartley should be a morale victory idc if you won state last year.
^^^
This

He’s just worried that his Cavaliers will get there azz handed to them even worse here in a few weeks. From what I saw of Chilli on the Burg scrimmage they are in for a LONG night.

Return to “Football”