Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson (2-0) vs Gallia Academy (2-0)

Post by Ironman92 »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:29 pm Lol on the 7 vs 7 talk, that will have nothing to do with nothing. I doubt Jackson passes more than 8 times. Ironmen need to control the clock. Penrod has a knack for creative offenses and Ironmen have a knack for stingy defenses. As long as Jackson doesn’t over pursue I don’t think Gallia puts up a lot of points. That being said Jackson has never been known as an offensive juggernaut.

Gallia scores 10-14. Jackson scores 21-28.

Heavy doses of dives and traps and by 3rd GA will give up some points.

Should be a good game.
Well said, though entering the playoffs in 96 we were the 2nd leading scoring team in Ohio (or at least our division)

But no we certainly aren’t a juggernaut on offense.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:48 pm
Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm
svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:18 am You guys are giving Gallia academy’s defense way too much credit. Gallia s defense has not been good. On the turf at home Jackson scores at least 28 points here. Gallia offensive schemes and talent will allow them to move the ball against Jackson. The difference here is Jackson will be talented enough to limit blue devils big plays. I think the blue devils special teams and defense either gives them very short fields or scores 3 times. The blue devils will brake 5 or 6 big plays against most opponents on schedule against Jackson’s talent they’ve ill probably be 40 yard gains. Jackson wins by a little or a lot but Jackson will put up several points.
Jackson didn’t have much to offer against Gallia in the 7 on 7. I think they can load the box and still stop a lot of Jackson’s little passing plays. Jackson had big runs from the Vinton kids according to the stats I saw on Twitter. GA has the speed to keep that from happening. Attempted catches over the middle will be destroyed. I really really like GA’s chances the more I think about it. Jackson doesn’t have enough speed to break anything offensively (at least against a real defense)
Last time I was at Jackson we didn have to pay to park :lol:
Good ol gahs4ever (rip) and I always made a friendly wager on this game, we always bet that the loser would buy the winner a veal. Would you like to give it a go?
So, when GA wins, I win and for my winnings I’m awarded a gross veal? Umm, no I’d rather eat Vienna sausages that I’ll leave in my warm Mazda.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:38 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:48 pm
Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Jackson didn’t have much to offer against Gallia in the 7 on 7. I think they can load the box and still stop a lot of Jackson’s little passing plays. Jackson had big runs from the Vinton kids according to the stats I saw on Twitter. GA has the speed to keep that from happening. Attempted catches over the middle will be destroyed. I really really like GA’s chances the more I think about it. Jackson doesn’t have enough speed to break anything offensively (at least against a real defense)
Last time I was at Jackson we didn have to pay to park :lol:
Good ol gahs4ever (rip) and I always made a friendly wager on this game, we always bet that the loser would buy the winner a veal. Would you like to give it a go?
So, when GA wins, I win and for my winnings I’m awarded a gross veal? Umm, no I’d rather eat Vienna sausages that I’ll leave in my warm Mazda.
That’s all I got man. I mean if they meet again in the future at Memorial Field we can wager on the winner and if Jackson wins then I win typhoid.

Don’t forget your $2 (just cover the cost by buying 1 less can of Vienna Sausages)

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 pm Big game. I like the Ironmen in this home opener.

I want to ask the Jackson posters their true thoughts on this Ironmen team. Running joke it seems that this is”the worst team of Hall’s tenure”

I’ve watched both games and the defense may be the best of Hall’s years. No Blake McCoy in backfield but a load of kids that are big and run hard...defenses aren’t enjoying the tackling all game long. Special team improving. Personally, I think this is one of Hall’s 3 or 4 best teams.

I’d like to hear from Poo bear, Ironman02, Ironman2588, BringtheHeat and doubleplay643. Not sure you guys have seen both games but would like to hear true thoughts on this.
Finally,
This years team is one of or the most athletic team in halls tenure, it’s not his best team but it will be decided after wk 10, he has more weapons this year then he has ever had. They are fast and will run around you or through you. He has two very good qbs, ice and young spires, that both can get the job done. he hasn’t had that before. This team does not have the best O-line that we all have seen in the past, but they do what they gotta do and get the job done.The defense is very talented and very fast. They swarms to the ball. They use a lot of different bodies in their which makes them even better. this team will get better and better each week. If Jackson beats burg, court house and chilly or goes 2-1, look out region 11.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Vik wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 pm
Billb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 pm I think several folks are overlooking a couple facts when saying how improved Gallipolis is....1)they have played 2 extremely weak teams of Meigs and River valley 2) Yes, Gallipolis is going to look better last year and this year because their conference is extremely weak.
Jackson will wear them down as the game goes on.
Jackson 35-14
Maybe Jackson looks good because they have played two teams that aren’t good. Jackson’s backs are SLOW. Line is hodge podge. They are predictable but defense will keep it close. GA will have some good playcalls that are unexpected and Jackson will bite I bet.

GA 35
JI 20
Whoa, who did gallia play? Meigs and river valley, really? Jackson would have spanked them worse than what they did to wellston. Probably at least put up 60+ against both of those Teams.
Jackson’s backs are slow? they aren’t slow at all, they are fast and will run right over you or around you. Two for example, spires and haller, they both will run right over you, through you and around you. They both run very hard and down hill. I watched some of the meigs and river valley game you all played, not too impressed. Gallia’s backs are slow. Jackson could be predictable but they aren’t, they have so many weapons they can get the ball too on each play with the likes of Evans, landrum, graham, spires, Yates, haller, and more. The d-line is gonna be too fast for the o-line of gallia. First home game for Jackson and I know the boys are pumped and ready for this one right now.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:18 pm
Billb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 pm I think several folks are overlooking a couple facts when saying how improved Gallipolis is....1)they have played 2 extremely weak teams of Meigs and River valley 2) Yes, Gallipolis is going to look better last year and this year because their conference is extremely weak.
Jackson 35-14
Maybe Jackson looks good because they have played two teams that aren’t good. Jackson’s backs are SLOW. Line is hodge podge. They are predictable but defense will keep it close. GA will have some good playcalls that are unexpected and Jackson will bite I bet.

GA 35
JI 20
Not sure that Wellston won’t win 6-7 game. Not the toughest schedule (gets much tougher starting in week 5)

No way in hell Jackson gives up 35 to Gallia, no flipping way.
I agree no way jackson gives up 35 to gallia, I don’t think they will give up 21 to them even.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:26 pm
Jackson 35-14

GA 35
JI 20
Whoa, who did gallia play? Meigs and river valley, really? Jackson would have spanked them worse than what they did to wellston. Probably at least put up 60+ against both of those Teams.
Jackson’s backs are slow? they aren’t slow at all, they are fast and will run right over you or around you. Two for example, spires and haller, they both will run right over you, through you and around you. They both run very hard and down hill. I watched some of the meigs and river valley game you all played, not too impressed. Gallia’s backs are slow. Jackson could be predictable but they aren’t, they have so many weapons they can get the ball too on each play with the likes of Evans, landrum, graham, spires, Yates, haller, and more. The d-line is gonna be too fast for the o-line of gallia. First home game for Jackson and I know the boys are pumped and ready for this one right now.
Run over you, through you and around you? Ok sure. They may run powerfully but their 4.85 speed ain’t running around anyone. Cmon

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 35-14

GA 35
JI 20
I’d like to add Parks. He is a bull crap phantom penalty 30 yards from the play from being our 4th leading rusher on about 5 carries

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vik wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:37 pm

GA 35
JI 20
Run over you, through you and around you? Ok sure. They may run powerfully but their 4.85 speed ain’t running around anyone. Cmon
True but it’s not a track meet, 5-6 yards a carry is good enough

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

GA 35
JI 20
You really think gallia has better skills guys at the WR and RB spots than Jackson, give me a break. But they will run around you and through you and over you. That’s a promise. Idk what RB from Jackson your talking about that ran a 4.85 but not haller, Yates, spires, or graham or parks. not even Evans or landrum ran that. Idk where you got that lol. But nice try tho.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:46 pm

True but it’s not a track meet, 5-6 yards a carry is good enough
Pointing out his claim- I don’t believe those backs can run around you. A’s for the 5-6 yrds a carry I saw stats from Fairfield game and Jackson punted 5 times? They won’t brake long runs on GA and that will work down that 5-6 average you claim

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:51 pm

You really think gallia has better skills guys at the WR and RB spots than Jackson, give me a break. But they will run around you and through you and over you. That’s a promise. Idk what RB from Jackson your talking about that ran a 4.85 but not haller, Yates, spires, or graham or parks. not even Evans or landrum ran that. Idk where you got that lol. But nice try tho.
Ok sorry I was meaning real forty time not Dad with a quick stop thumb on his stopwatch lollollol. Can’t wait to watch your 6 4.43 forty guys

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I agree the FU Game was bad on offense. Couldn’t throw the ball and minus 2 runs didn’t run the ball , but Gallia Academy Gave up 34 Meigs . That’s not good.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think of Penrod as much more of a defensive coach and game plan then I do offense. I mean he is the guy that organized the defense at halftime that handed Joey burrow his only regular season loss in his 3 years as a starter at athens.

He was also the defensive coordinator the last time Gallia beat jackson. He also has 2 young asstitants in shoemaker who was a under sized defensive lineman and warnimount. A very fast defender like they have now. Because Gallia has lacked big physical kids the last 10 years the wide splits Jackson employs has given them fits.

When the blue devils play Jackson the holes Jackson makes for there backs you could drive trucks through the linebackers and defensive backs have to fill the holes and make tackles. I am sure they will have a plan ready but this team will have to play much more consistent then in weeks 1 and 2.

Offenivley. This team is plenty talented they just need to execute and not waste opportunities. If they can do that they will have opportunities but they are going to need to score 30 plus to win.

I hope I am wrong. I would love to be underestimating my blue devils. I will gladly admit I am wrong..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:18 pm I think of Penrod as much more of a defensive coach and game plan then I do offense. I mean he is the guy that organized the defense at halftime that handed Joey burrow his only regular season loss in his 3 years as a starter at athens.

He was also the defensive coordinator the last time Gallia beat jackson. He also has 2 young asstitants in shoemaker who was a under sized defensive lineman and warnimount. A very fast defender like they have now. Because Gallia has lacked big physical kids the last 10 years the wide splits Jackson employs has given them fits.

When the blue devils play Jackson the holes Jackson makes for there backs you could drive trucks through the linebackers and defensive backs have to fill the holes and make tackles. I am sure they will have a plan ready but this team will have to play much more consistent then in weeks 1 and 2.

Offenivley. This team is plenty talented they just need to execute and not waste opportunities. If they can do that they will have opportunities but they are going to need to score 30 plus to win.

I hope I am wrong. I would love to be underestimating my blue devils. I will gladly admit I am wrong..
You are far kinder than those that used to support Gallia Academy on here and earlier the huddle. It used to get very heated and it was a huge huge rivalry. The old OC would get on and banter back and forth lol

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:27 pm
svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:18 pm I think of Penrod as much more of a defensive coach and game plan then I do offense. I mean he is the guy that organized the defense at halftime that handed Joey burrow his only regular season loss in his 3 years as a starter at athens.

You are far kinder than those that used to support Gallia Academy on here and earlier the huddle. It used to get very heated and it was a huge huge rivalry. The old OC would get on and banter back and forth lol
92 if this was week 10 and I was sure what we had and was as confident as I was in the playoff year I would be dishing it out. But we have been bad for 5 years here I do not wish to look like a fool.

But I would love to see the devils roll here and leave Jackson with that bad taste in there mouth. With this being last scheduled game in the series

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

The pressure in this game is all on Jackson. If they can’t beat poor little old Gallia academy they have no shot in tough region 11. The fact that so many Jackson people talking about this little game makes you wonder if they aren’t using smoke and mirrors out there this year. Gallia comes in here like a river boat gambler playing with house money. As long as they leave relatively healthy they have nothing to lose.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 pm The pressure in this game is all on Jackson. If they can’t beat poor little old Gallia academy they have no shot in tough region 11. The fact that so many Jackson people talking about this little game makes you wonder if they aren’t using smoke and mirrors out there this year. Gallia comes in here like a river boat gambler playing with house money. As long as they leave relatively healthy they have nothing to lose.

Players don’t think about pressure and things like that , school size ect

But trust me , The coaches may have to hold them back before they run outa that helmet Friday . One thing these kids understand is a fight , and that’s what Friday will be .

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:55 pm
svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 pm The pressure in this game is all on Jackson. If they can’t beat poor little old Gallia academy they have no shot in tough region 11. The fact that so many Jackson people talking about this little game makes you wonder if they aren’t using smoke and mirrors out there this year. Gallia comes in here like a river boat gambler playing with house money. As long as they leave relatively healthy they have nothing to lose.

But trust me , The coaches may have to hold them back before they run outa that helmet Friday . One thing these kids understand is a fight , and that’s what Friday will be .
I disagree with a lot of folks on here. Gallia is gonna runb riot in this game and show how weak Jackson football is this season. Don’t overestimate Gallia or it could end poorly for those in Jackson..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BananaSC74 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:18 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:55 pm

I disagree with a lot of folks on here. Gallia is gonna runb riot in this game and show how weak Jackson football is this season. Don’t overestimate Gallia or it could end poorly for those in Jackson..
Overestimate?

Return to “Football”